RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
DAMN IT.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Well, I just finished doing all kinds of crazy stuff to Firefox, when I noticed something: I didn't have the latest version. So I went and got it. It works fine, everything is cool, m'kay. BUT. Three new shortcuts to the same prog appeared on my desktop. I got rid of one of them, but the other two say THIS.

Just now I minimized this window, and they were gone. But this isn't the first time I have had this problem. IF I RUN INTO IT AGAIN, which I am most certain I will, how do I scrap these...these...left overs?

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Tried killing and restarting explorer.exe?

Tried rebooting?

If it still happens after a reboot, then reboot again but while windows is starting up keep bashing F8 and pick safe mode. Then when you're in tell the system restore thing to piss off and Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\~your account~\Desktop and delete the .lnk files ~
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
Cool! Cuz see, I had no idea what I was supposed to do.

Now, do I do the same thing with a flash drive? (It's a four gig Matsunichi.)

AND ANOTHER thing about that: When I was transferring my little brother's stuff to his new comp. The data was made up mostly of pictures. When I put it on, there was plenty of space afterwards. Thing is, when it got to his comp the colors were all wrong, and they all looked like jig-saw puzzles. Any reason for this?

Rep:
Level 88
What a waste of paper...
Possibly corruption. Maybe you took the drive out whilst it was still busy?

The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
re-transer, and anyways is you brothers computer conected to the net? if so setting up a simple fileshare would get rid of the need for a usb flash drive
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
@demon: Nope- even I know not to do THAT. ;D

@Nouman: Yes, but it wasn't originally.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
where did you get it?

I WANTS IT TOO!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
What a waste of paper...
You should burn the stuff to a CD or DVD

You can get a decent DVD writer BRAND NEW for approx £25 so even if you cant afford that, look on ebay! They are so cheap...

The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

Rep:
Level 96
I have one, and eventually we switched to CD to finish up. That took much longer though.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I SAID! Where did you get it?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
OK.

BEST BUY. I THINK I MAY HAVE BOUGHT A TURD, BUT SEEING AS HOW I HAVE NOTHING TO COMPARE IT TO, THAT POINT IS MOOT. SPEND AWAY.