RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Teach me the ways of the 1337 h4ck3r

Rep:
Level 88
Training to be Naphes Replacement
Could some one recommend to me some

Books
Or
Websites

To Teach

HTML
CSS
Javascript
Ruby

Anything else you think it important to learn
Current Project:Secret Project
Progress:||||||||||

I CAN TYPE IN BIG BOLD LETTERS

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Don't try to learn too many languages, you'll end up confusing syntax.

Try just fooling around with scripts, thats how I learned. And if you can, have someone walk you through the language, that's the easiest way.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
change the name to something differnt, if you really wanted to be a hacker, I would laugh and many would flame you. =]
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Im hoping theyll look at it laugh and then want to laugh at me so they click the topic.

Don't try to learn too many languages, you'll end up confusing syntax.

Try just fooling around with scripts, thats how I learned. And if you can, have someone walk you through the language, that's the easiest way.

I want to start with the html and then do the css and then the javascript not all at once  :P that would be hard

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
How about earning yourself some rare h4xx0rz knowledge?

www.3564020356.org
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I've picked up a good understanding of html and css just by having been dealing with it for a long time now. I can edit and work with very basic php stuff too.

One thing I'd suggest to stay away from are those "For Dummies" books. I tried reading one of those once, and geez, it was so rubbish. Even 50 pages in and they hadn't even begun telling you anything important.
bringing sexy back

The Programming Line... Or .... How And What To Learn...

1. Learn HTML                      (fairly easy)
2. GoTo VisualBasic Script    (relatively easy, every script is still a script)
3. Learn V-B                         (attractive and easy, must have an excellent logical brain and a cool head)
4. Learn JAVA                       (nearly hard a C++, but it is the next step)

With this knowledge, you can be a ... Hacker.... Phracker, or whatever you want.

5. You are a programmer.

... just like me ...  8)

Books?

Hundreds of them are available, but they will not help you if you intend to learn it on a quick basis.
Programming is a slow and painful process, i've been working with languages for 10 years now
and sometimes i forget how to make a simple F*cking box.

It would be best if you first started with and easy BASIC programming language.

Rep:
Level 88
The Programming Line... Or .... How And What To Learn...

1. Learn HTML                      (fairly easy)
2. GoTo VisualBasic Script    (relatively easy, every script is still a script)
3. Learn V-B                         (attractive and easy, must have an excellent logical brain and a cool head)
4. Learn JAVA                       (nearly hard a C++, but it is the next step)

With this knowledge, you can be a ... Hacker.... Phracker, or whatever you want.

5. You are a programmer.

... just like me ...  8)

Books?

Hundreds of them are available, but they will not help you if you intend to learn it on a quick basis.
Programming is a slow and painful process, i've been working with languages for 10 years now
and sometimes i forget how to make a simple F*cking box.

It would be best if you first started with and easy BASIC programming language.

Thanks, Ill try it in that order

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I give your bitch a home-made enema!
Well 1 quick thing do you want to be a hacker or cracker?
Cuz there IS a difference between  the two.
And a peice of knowledge is that the main goal of the good hacker should be to
"have access to all knowledge any where"
not to go around destroying random servers. But heres a link to my custom version of the hackers black book

http://www.windberschools.org/WASDOnlineStorage/09138/HackersBlackBook{}modded%20by%20Monoxide_.rar
MASSIVE GODDAMN IMAGES IN SIGNATURE! ARGH!

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Atomic LAWL
one cannot simply ask to become a hacker... it requires a wide array of computer knowledge

legal hacking: If you want to get into white hat hacking and legal hacking for computer security purposes.

http://hackthissite.org
http://hackr.org

basicly these websites offer newb hacking challenges. It's good to have a basic understanding of programming/computers and also more advanced knowledge of one or two powerfull programming languages.

I'm not a hacker but I've done these challenges.

Futhermore hackers dont just infilltrate computers... you can be a hacker for anything i.e. music hacks, hardware hacks

"Here begin the torments of Hell proper" -Danta's inferno

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I've never found the time for hackthissite.org and hackr.org. :-\
Hacking means in some way editing software and files in a way to work different, BUT STILL WORK. Even changing how hardware should work is hacking. Everything that you're not supposed to do as a normal computer user could be considered hacking.
Visit our website.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I HACKED THIS LAYOUT I CHANGED COLOURS AND STUFF AND EVERYTHING

http://rg.slyph.org/1149122386986.jpg
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 01:24:22 PM by Silverline »
bringing sexy back

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Cracker - One who cracks into something, but leaves everything as is. Usually does it for information.

Hacker - One who cracks into something, but leaves a destructive virus or destroys files and such manually.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Cracker - One who cracks into something, but leaves everything as is. Usually does it for information.

Hacker - One who cracks into something, but leaves a destructive virus or destroys files and such manually.

Wrong. Cracker = Criminal Hacker
People were described as "hackers" if they were very good with computerss and had great knowledge about them.
Crackers are the people who do the illegal stuff.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 11:44:25 AM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Besides, most computer programmers are crackers anyways. Straight up, yo.

Right now I'm learning Java and HTML, a little CSS. Lemme tell you how I do it: I figure out what it is I want to do, I find a Java application or webpage, with source code, that functions similar to my goal, and then I edit it for my own purposes. It's how I've designed countless small Java projects and the home page to my website, http://z.crankeye.org .