RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
rom of the week.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
This is an awesome game and a lot of people I ask have not heard of it... which makes me sad. I think this game should be talked about more... damn FF got so overrated that all the RPGs got killed by it...   :-\

SYSTEM- snes
you need an emulator to play it.

GAME- Lufia

CLICK HERE

GAME- Lufia 2 (better then 1)

CLICK HERE

GAME- Gradius (a space ship shooter... It's a good game)

CLICK HERE
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 09:51:44 PM by BanisherOfEden »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
lol i was so gonna start something like this but then thought id let it go..
lawl

but needs more details..
reviews of it etc.
Arlen is hot.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Lufia is a pretty groovy RPG. If you haven't played it, I reccomend you at least give it a shot. It's not like dling an SNES rom is a big commitment.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Lol i know its a good game.
Arlen is hot.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I would also add the download to Lufia 2 which was way better IMO. :)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Oh-em-gee, I totally already have the rom of Lufia &  the Fortress of Doom.  I used the battle sprites and such in an unfinished RPG Maker game.  I've also made a few MIDI's from this game.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I would also add the download to Lufia 2 which was way better IMO. :)

Indeed. Lufia 2 is much better. =x

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
That's what I always hear.  Looking for Lufia resources will give you hundreds of Lufia 2 stuff, but nothing from Fortress of Doom.  had to rip it all, myself...

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
That's what I always hear.  Looking for Lufia resources will give you hundreds of Lufia 2 stuff, but nothing from Fortress of Doom.  had to rip it all, myself...

OIC.
Visit our website.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Heh, did that really require that extra bit of pointing out?

Anyway, here are my MIDIs.  If anyone cares.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I only listened to the first, because I'm about to leave for class. I opened it in Finale, and it sounded... off. I tried it in Winamp, in it was a faster tempo (the correct one), and it was in the right key. For some reason it didn't play right in Finale, or Noteworthy composer. They had it in a completely different key, and the melody was also 2 whole steps off.  :-\ What did you use to make these?

LOL anyway, I don't know if any of that made sense or not, haha. Good work.  ;)
:tinysmile:

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Umm... try Windows Media Player... they sound fine for me.

Except the overworld one, the first note is missing.

And, uh, I use SPC2MIDI, because I have no musical talent whatsoever besides matching up similar-sounding instuments, so I just convert existing SPC's into MIDI's.  Oh, and they don't repeat well if they're looped, because I just timed them to end at 3 minutes, heh.  Yeah, I'm a lame musician.  But, I do enjoy making these, especially for games that do not have many available MIDI's.

These aren't the best that I've done... some of my Chrono Trigger, FF4, FF6, Tales of Phantasia, Bahamut Lagoon, MMX, and Ogre Battle stuff is awesome, but this thread does not address them and that would be off-topic.

edit:  to remedy that, I've made a thread in the Creativity outlet, so cheque it owt!!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 11:24:13 PM by Yossy »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Somewhere in my convoluted post I said it sounded fine in Winamp LOL. I don't know what the deal is with the other programs, but it doesn't matter.  ;) I'm going to czech your topic out in a little bit, too.  ;)

on-topic: uh... oh yeah, Lufia. I've only played the first one, but I completely recommend it. I believe it was one of the first non-Final Fantasy RPGs I ever played.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
You should play the second one, too, Halo. It's worth the time. :)
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
This is an awesome game and a lot of people I ask have not heard of it... which makes me sad. I think this game should be talked about more... damn FF got so overrated that all the RPGs got killed by it...   :-\

SYSTEM- snes
you need an emulator to play it.

GAME- Lufia

CLICK HERE

GAME- Lufia 2 (better then 1)

CLICK HERE

GAME- Gradius (a space ship shooter... It's a good game)

CLICK HERE
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
How about I give you ladies some real sexy roms.

Front Mission

Bahamut Lagoon

Ogre Battle

Rudora no Hihou
I haven't actually played much of this myself, but I figure it's a game the people around here will appreciate, being RPG fans and all. It's also something most people probably haven't played.

Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu
Almost entirely translated, but sadly there are still a few parts missing.

Der Langrisser
Not fully translated :(, still fun though.

These links probably won't work anymore after 7 days because I'm too lazy to find somewhere other than supload to put them. I'm sure anyone whos interested will dl them by then anyways.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Sum-1 find a link fer Seiken Densetsu 3.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
And so it shall be done.

Seiken Densetsu 3

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Awww yeeaaahhh... that's the stuff right there.

Rep:
Level 96
Do you know any Nintendo DS emulators?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Got a link for a fully translated Romancing SaGa 3?

I used to have a fully translated rom of that, but alas. That computer died, then I took a sledge hammer to it.

Rep:
Level 96
Anybody play Gradius?
you should... NOW!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I like Axelay more.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I like them both. I also like Darius Twin (not sure why) and Parodius.

Rep:
Level 96
Parodius.

Is this a hack of Gradius? or was it making fun of it?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Its a spoof actually.

Yossy, if you played Axelay you wouldn't taunt it.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I make fun of everything.  "Ogre Battle" is a stupid name, but it's one of my favorite games ever.  Magi-Nation, too, actually.  It's a world beyond your i-magi-nation!  Omg so gay.  But I lurve it. <4

Rep:
Level 96
Another game you should play is ZOMBIES ATE MT NEIGHBORS it is a really fun game!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
 :tpg:

'Tis a classic.

Rep:
Level 96
The sequel sucked raw ass!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Never played the sequel.

Rep:
Level 96
Ghoul patrol...

think of Zombies ate my neighbors gone stupid and annoying.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
It's probably good that I didn't.

Rep:
Level 96
you should be... they replaced the water gun with a laser gun thing...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
But the squit gun made that game awesome.

Rep:
Level 96
I know that what made the second one stupid.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I think we can agree that taking the squirtgun out offically made the developers BASTARDS!

Rep:
Level 96
All that agree say "YES"

YES!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
 ;D

I try, I try very hard.

Rep:
Level 96
I'm lazy... I don't try...  ::)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

Rep:
Level 96
Anybody know any really good Nintendo 64 games?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Zelda the Ocarina of Time
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
What he said

Rep:
Level 96
Star Fox 64
Mario 64
Goldeneye 007
Glover
F-Zero X

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Star Fox 64
Mario 64
Goldeneye 007
Glover
F-Zero X

GOLDENEYE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND MARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
Also, I liked Knife Edge. Not so sure why, as it was absolutely AWFUL, but I love it just the same.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Shadowman was quite good if you like the dark and insane atmosphere. Also to have a Mario Party is always a good idea. Other than that I suggest:

any Bomberman
Donkey Kong 64
Body Harvest
Forsaken 64
any Gex
Castlevania 64 2 (it actually includes Castlevania 64 !_! )
any Zelda
Super Smash Brothers
Extreme-G (not Extreme-G 2, it was shit)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 10:31:27 AM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I'll name ones that no one else has, yet.

Ogre Battle 64
Mischief Makers  (<- omg it's Mega Man with a GIRL)
Mega Man Legends
Hey You, Pikachu!  (this game is awesome, don't make fun of me)
Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros.   ;D  Wow, only like 10 characters!  So much has changed
Perfect Dark

Rep:
Level 96
I really cannot think of any good reason for me forgetting Mischief Makers.
OR Mega Man 64. MAN I'M A DOUCHE!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Tell us something we don't know, Arrow.

I kid.  You know I <3 you.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I didn't have an N64 because I hated the controller.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I always thought it was an awesome controller.  You could use the stick or d-pad... whichever you were more comfortable with.  That made for an easy transition from the previous generation consoles, you know?

Rep:
Level 97

Perfect Dark

Both these games were very underrated.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Very extremely underrated  !_!

I think I've said this before, but Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness is the reason I downloaded an N64 emulator.

Rep:
Level 97
It seems to me that game would incredibly difficult to play on a computer. It was pretty hard to control on the N64, heh.  :)

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Oh... the horror of all that platforming...

But that's why save states are such a beautiful thing.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Agreeance with the last few posts. <3 TEH savestate. Although I had to *cough* ...cheat... *cough* when playing Legacy of Darkness, because I was 1337 with the N64 controller, but not with the keyboard instead of a analogue stick. :-\
I also had to cheat to beat Forsaken on emulator. :-\ My keyboard doesn't allow pressing 3 keys at the same time... (crappy HP laptop >_> )
Visit our website.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Oh, yeah, mine doesn't either!  It goes *beep.*  And I'm like "shut up!"  But all it does is *beep* in reply. :'(

Rep:
Level 96
I use a ps2 controller adapter. You can get one for about seven bucks. They also have adapters for N64, SNES, and Xbox.

EDIT: And Gamecube. And DDR mats. And Light Guns. And...etc.

Rep:
Level 97
Why do you think we use roms in the first place? It's so we don't have to spend moneys.

Rep:
Level 96
True, but the adapters are WAY cheap. And they really do up the gaming experience.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I got an adapter for my DDR pad at Lik-sang.com, which is down now because Sony is fucking gay. But that's for another discussion.

Let's just keep this one on topic.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I should get a snes adapter. That was the BEST controller ever, hands down.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Uh, Fu, most computer gamepads these days are modeled after the SNES controller.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I still have my snes. So getting a converter is cheaper.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I still have my snes.

Me, too. I also still have my N64.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 96
I saw these one things once, they were flash cards or something... I was a empty n64 cart and you download a rom into it and play it in your N64...

Does anybody know how to get a PS1 emulator to work? Never could... always said, need a plug in... But I can't find the plug ins...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I just realized that I forgot to name Jet Force Gemini as one of the best N64 games out there.  Shame, shame on me.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Aerofighters Assault
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 96
Aerofighters Assault

I lol! when I played this I thought... I'm about to play a crappy "Acecombat" game... but... I like this game more then acecobat from what I have played so far (not much) I like that when you hit the building they take damage... and the explosions are awesome in a lol overdone way.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude

Perfect Dark

Both these games were very underrated.

Agreed.

Heh, Elvis... xD

I came so close to shooting that doctor sooooo many times. *out of annoyance* He wouldn't float around some things correctly. Bad encounter settings.

But still, a great and original game.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Does anybody know how to get a PS1 emulator to work? Never could... always said, need a plug in... But I can't find the plug ins...

I assume you're trying to use epsxe? I could send you my plugins...

Rep:
Level 96
Gilga, I have all of the plugins out there, but every time I play anew game it seems like I ALWAYS have to reconfigure. What configuration do YOU use? And does it matter at ALL which BIOS I use?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I have been needing to play Legend of Dragoon on my pc...

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Me, too!  Oh man, I need a PSX emulator.  I'll download one right now!!

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
You guys realize psx images are much larger than snes/gensis/n64/whatever roms, right? Legend of dragoon is like 2 gigs.

Anyways arrow, heres my setup:

It works for every game I have. The settings are NEAR perfect. Graphics glitches happen sometimes still, but very rare. The only sound problem I've noticed is Freya repeats random words in the sacred phase in Valkyrie Profile. I've tried everything to fix that but it won't go away.  :-\ My setup is also quite good for netplay, since I love to play psx games with my friends. Desyncs still occasionally happen though, if you have a problem with it you could have all parties try turning on frame skipping. Sometimes this can cause it to be a bit choppy for one or more of the players, but the chances of it desyncing like that are almost nonexistant.

Some games, like Lunar(thats the only example I can think of) need you to use one of the special fixes. And some games, like Front Mission 3(again, the only example I have) will desync no matter what I try to do to get around it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 10:02:58 PM by GilgameshRO »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Yea I know lod is huge...I am downloading the torrent, and its stuck at 94%...wow I hate torrents now

Rep:
Level 96
wow, I didn't notice this, I wanted to see what had been posted here an I see the PSX thing. So where did you download that emulator? And you said something about giving me the PLUGINS.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Wait a minute, you mean LoD is on PSX and not on PS2?!
Visit our website.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
If by LoD you mean Legend of Dragoon..then yes. It's only on PSX.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
WHY DID PEOPLE KEEP TELLING ME IT'S ON PS2?! I was already wondering how it comes the graphics wasn't that great.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
Professional Chocobo Hunter

Although....a PS2 or PS3 remake wouldn't be bad at all....
Crystal Collection - On hold.

FF:Dark Symphony - 12%
Demo: May 10th, 2007

Rep:
Level 96
wow, I didn't notice this, I wanted to see what had been posted here an I see the PSX thing. So where did you download that emulator? And you said something about giving me the PLUGINS.
No answer?  :tpg:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90

Although....a PS2 or PS3 remake wouldn't be bad at all....

Yeah cause the voices stunk of the PS.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
No answer?  :tpg:
I'll get around to it eventually.