RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
FAO: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Hi. Im friends with Silverline from other places, and I just wanted to say I dig your works. Also, I've heard your ensemble's recording, and the song made me wonder... Have you ever played any David Holsinger pieces? He was always my favorite neo-classical composer to play. Ballet Sacre is excellent. Mixed-meter and whatnot. Anyway, keep up the great playing, not that you would need me to tell you that.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Ha, I saw the topic title and I was like "Crap, what's up now?". Then I saw the author, and I was like "Hey, it's that guy Silverline told me about. *phew*"

Thanks, I'm really glad you like my stuff. As for the recording you heard, if it was a song called "Scootin' " then I am fairly sure that's a David Holsinger piece actually. Although I recently sent him a performance of "Ride", which was by Samuel Hazo.

So, if I am correct (I'll have to check my sheet music to be sure) then, yes, I've played some David Holsinger, lol. Other than that I am not too familiar with his work, but am interested.

And... as far as neo-classical composers go, I'd probably say Richard Saucedo or maybe Eric Whittacre is my favorite.  :)
:tinysmile: