RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Discrimination of certain topics

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
This could also be debate, so I have posted it here.

Can someone explain me, why are Alchemy and Religion topics locked? I call this apparent discrimination and shame for open mindness on this forum, because both of this topics are of similar thematics, and you can't say this debates can't be intelligent, because core of this thematic has very good potential for good debate.

And most of you don't understand what alchemy is, and why people are religious. Locking topics where you could learn more about something you couldn't understand before, and to make your horizons wider is pure ignorance.

So I ask admins or mods to reopen those topics.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
They were locked due to arguing and flaming etc. It happened alot whilst mental was still around.

~Unlocked.
bringing sexy back

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Thank you  :)

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
So this is why the alchemy topic was unlocked. The religion topic, yeah, was just spam. If you want to make another one go for it.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
The thing is a lot of members here are too young to really have any other view than the one they're told is right, so you get a lot of idiotic, close-minded posts. Then there's the flaming, etc. Silverline mentioned, and spam, then no debate can intelligently take place, because many people here are not willing to actually debate, but instead argue, and cannot see the other person's side of things.

Too many immature people is the point I'm trying to make.

However, that religion topic is one of about 4 that were tried here, all ending in disaster.
:tinysmile:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
The thing is a lot of members here are too young

and yet we have  'The Thread For Pretty Girls' lol
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I put out some new thoughts and  it was put into spam! That is Discrimination of certain topics if I've
ever seen it.

WHAT THE HELL IS "Teh"?
it used to be a rarely seen ERROR in writingness, but now it's EVERYWHERE!!!
(same with pwned)
(and < 8
(oh and secks)
And WTF is wrong with OMG?
really, we should not consistently modify our what we percieve to be grammitical correctness!

And that it.. nothing else was there... didn't edit it at all...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 03:31:16 AM by BanisherOfEden »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Ok, I type secks because of the children here and I usually avoid words like fuck, shit, dick etc. Mostly I even consor it myself like f**k.
On topic: I post my thoughts and my opinion. If somebody doesn't agree, fine, have your own opinion, nothing bad about that. But if you start flaming me with "You are so wrong." that is something completely different. Fact is, you can't have a "wrong" opinion. So if there are people who think that and want to start flaming about my beliefs or whatever, they shouldn't even post.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
There was another relegion topic which had explict text, even a fight between me and blue, luckily everything became fine and they locked it (its gone now duh)
Then mental made one ..that sucked.
then bodgey..<bodge></bodge>
Arlen is hot.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Funny. I haven't noticed this discrimination you talk about.
I've only really noticed action taken against topics where the style changed or was rotten from the start.
I don't pay too much attention to it anyways.

@Boe: Lol, your topic turned into spam. It would have been wrong not to move it into spam.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Pretty much anything BOE posts is spam. I'd suggest banning him for a little while too, but I guess the moderators here are afraid of bannage or something.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Yes, after Blaze, Mental's countless accounts, blueXx, etc. we're afraid to ban people.  ::) Since global mods have had banning powers, I think I've banned close to fifteen members, not countig members banned multiple times.

I'll agree BOE spams in almost every post, but it's not some crazy epidemic where he needs to be banned. It's so much easier just to click the "Delete" button. And if we were going to ban him for spam, FuMannChu would have to be banned along with several others. The problem everyone seems to have with BOE is that his spam isn't funny.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
You have a point. I'm pretty irritable today for some reason, so don't really pay much attention to me.

Rep:
Level 97
No problem, we're all on our periods sometime.  ;)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
You have a point. I'm pretty irritable today for some reason, so don't really pay much attention to me.

Hm...? Have you said something, Zypher? I could swear, I've heard you talking... :=:
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!