RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Party Switcher Tutorials

Rep:
Level 88
The Sliencer
Ok i moved this tutorials from the tutorials section to the tutorials database section now on with the tutorials. If you want this to be moved back into the tutoral section. please go ahead.

Ever have a game that has like 8 party members and you can't find a way to switch party members (Other than using the event of switching.) In game switching to any people you get (So in other words do you know how to switch party members anytime instead of waiting?) Well i know how to. just give me a minute to get it up.

First make a green area so you can put the events anywhere. Now put a event there with 3 pages.

1st page: The first event is nothing (Well if that person didn't join your party then he's just a ghost. well in other words this is used if that person didn't join your party yet.)

2nd page: Make it the avatar of that person and make him say "Can i join you" Next use Show choice. Yes or No. if you choose yes. time to use Variables. If you have less than 3 in the variable (Call it Party members. Increase the variable by one since you have 1 at the start.) Now text say "*Name of Character* Joins your party. Then change party members and control switch. Make it PMember2.If you say No make him say "Ok mabye later." That's all

If your Variable is greater than 3, Text saying "Your party is full." and that's all for that page of events

3rd page: Make him transparent and make him say "Do you want me to take a break? And then show choices Yes and text say "Alright i'll rest." then remove him and minus 1 off the the Variable Party Members and that's all. Say no and do nothing.

If you're confused. i'll make a picture Tutorials soon.

Dungeons and Dragons Dawn of Darkness: 3% (ON HOLD!)
Dark Lands: 7%

Rep:
Level 88
0w/\/Z0Rz im back Baby!
Howa bout this

event>change party and change it...so easy

Do you want me to join

yes-move event>follow player>Check repeat action

No-maybe later

then fater join goto page 2

do you want me to rest?

yes-move event>clear all actions

no-alright letsz go

3rd page

do you want me to follow?

yes-redo wat i said above...move event>follow player>check repeat actions

and switch between the 2nd and 3rd page to redo questions
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 07:16:47 PM by Best-Gammer »
September 13, 2007, 06:56:52 PM <-  Last Login
I returned and better than ever!
Don't mess with me.
Ever....

Rep:
Level 88
Ok i moved this tutorials from the tutorials section to the tutorials database section now on with the tutorials. If you want this to be moved back into the tutoral section. please go ahead.

Ever have a game that has like 8 party members and you can't find a way to switch party members (Other than using the event of switching.) In game switching to any people you get (So in other words do you know how to switch party members anytime instead of waiting?) Well i know how to. just give me a minute to get it up.

First make a green area so you can put the events anywhere. Now put a event there with 3 pages.

1st page: The first event is nothing (Well if that person didn't join your party then he's just a ghost. well in other words this is used if that person didn't join your party yet.)

2nd page: Make it the avatar of that person and make him say "Can i join you" Next use Show choice. Yes or No. if you choose yes. time to use Variables. If you have less than 3 in the variable (Call it Party members. Increase the variable by one since you have 1 at the start.) Now text say "*Name of Character* Joins your party. Then change party members and control switch. Make it PMember2.If you say No make him say "Ok mabye later." That's all

If your Variable is greater than 3, Text saying "Your party is full." and that's all for that page of events

3rd page: Make him transparent and make him say "Do you want me to take a break? And then show choices Yes and text say "Alright i'll rest." then remove him and minus 1 off the the Variable Party Members and that's all. Say no and do nothing.

If you're confused. i'll make a picture Tutorials soon.
thisis nice! hope you´ll post the screens soon. I have a bigproblemwith this,cause the character join my party,but don´t dissapear from playscreen....

Rep:
Level 88
The Smexy Babe Magnet
Just wondering, but how would I add the 'Name Hero' command to this to name the new person, If I wanted it for like a nickname or something, and then keep it throughout the rest of the game? :-\

Got no good story ideas? Try using Seventh Sanctum. It's got millions of generators for things you might need.

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
or u could just use blizzard's "easy party switcher" script
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."