RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Zypher's Song Of The Week!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I decided I'd let you guys in on my favorite songs. So, once a week I'll post a song I find to be the epitome of awesome. This week it's:

Song: Lake Of Tears
Artist: Gamma Ray
Album: No World Order (2001)
Genre: Power Metal

Listen Here

As almost everyone who knows me knows, I've been on a really big power metal kick lately, and this one has impressed me more so than a lot of the other songs I've heard of the genre. It starts off slow and symphonic, kind of like something you'd hear in an RPG. Then it busts out the distorted guitars and starts showing where it gets its power metal tag, without losing any of the epic feel. Plus, this is the first song I've heard of this band where the singing complements the song instead of distracting from it. So go ahead and post your opinions of it here.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
cool, will check out song.

Edit:

WOW great song, Its a cool song, not really fast, but dam it put me in a good mood. *downloads song*
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 03:09:32 PM by Nouman6 »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Awesome.

I've always heard OF Gamma Ray, but never actually HEARD them.
:tinysmile:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Hey this song is awsome, i like it.
Arlen is hot.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
You think Gamma Ray is great and that is of course correct but then you select out one of their worst songs to share with everyone. If you have to pick a song from No World Order then why not share Eagle or The Heart of the Unicorn with people? Lake of Tears is awful and you should feel bad for liking it.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
You think Gamma Ray is great and that is of course correct but then you select out one of their worst songs to share with everyone. If you have to pick a song from No World Order then why not share Eagle or The Heart of the Unicorn with people? Lake of Tears is awful and you should feel bad for liking it.

If you plan on continuing to be this big of a douchebag, you might as well leave.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

Maybe you're forgetting this isn't your topic, or maybe you're forgetting people are entitled to their own opinion?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
J.H, I saw a lot of your posts last night (because I was on when you signed up, and when you were making your first posts) and I must say you are very, very opinionated. This is totally fine! However, you have a poor method of sharing said opinions, and it's coming across in a very negative way. I humbly request, as a fellow forum user, that you wrod your posts more carefully. Thank you very much!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I say we just ban him for a little bit. This forum's a little too lenient when it comes to bannage.

Rep:
Level 97
Why? He hasn't done anything to deserve being banned. He just has strong opinions, but he hasn't flamed anyone or anything. The closest thing to it was his post here, and I'm not going to ban him for not liking this song.

We used to ban lots of people, but that was back when there were members who deserved it. I can't think of anyone now deserving a banning, except maybe BanisherOfEden, for spam.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Quote from: Jesus Hitler
People who had an emotional reaction to 9/11 - crying and the like - are sobbing pussies or idiots

Quote from: Jesus Hitler
Lake of Tears is awful and you should feel bad for liking it.

That's two right there. Keep in mind he's only posted 7 times. Who knows what kind of inflammatory crap he'll be spewing after 100 posts? I say it's best to train the kids while they're still young.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I like the song...
[except maybe BanisherOfEden, for spam.

Halo Im hurt...  :'(
Sure I spam... but not enough to get banned...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 10:37:08 PM by BanisherOfEden »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88

Maybe you're forgetting this isn't your topic, or maybe you're forgetting people are entitled to their own opinion?

I'm not familiar with this forum's etiquette but FuMannChu said something about thread starters having more power over the thread than is usual for a forum. Otherwise I'd say "Who cares?"

J.H, I saw a lot of your posts last night (because I was on when you signed up, and when you were making your first posts) and I must say you are very, very opinionated. This is totally fine! However, you have a poor method of sharing said opinions, and it's coming across in a very negative way. I humbly request, as a fellow forum user, that you wrod your posts more carefully. Thank you very much!

If you want an opinion, then read this: fo'get No World Order and pick up (read: download) Somewhere Out In Space, which is without a doubt Gamma Ray's best album despite the cringeworthy "Pray". I recommend the eponymous fourth track and "Lost in the Future".
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 10:44:05 PM by Jesus Hitler »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I appreciate your recommendations. Just try not to lash out at me again.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
I appreciate your recommendations. Just try not to lash out at me again.

Sorry, baby, that's how I roll.

Rep:
Level 96
Well then, I suggest you watch your ass, he's a mod.

Rep:
Level 97
Let's just get back to topic, people.

Rep:
Level 96
RIGHT...uh...I listened to this song the other day, it is pretty sweet. This is the very first I've heard of them, I'd say they're, "pretty okay", to quote gilga.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
It's a little early but I feel like putting up another song so here.

Song: Pachuca Sunrise
Artist: Minus The Bear
Album: Menos El Oso (2005)
Genre: Indie Rock

Listen Here

I heard this one time while watching some music channel. These guys blend catchy radio rock well with technical riffs, and I find them to be a great amalgam between bands like Jimmy Eat World and bands like The Fall Of Troy. I realize this song is vastly different from the Gamma Ray piece, but that's really the point of this thread. I listen to a lot of different music, and so I post these to try and introduce people to sounds they may not realize they like.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 12:14:35 AM by Zypher »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
any thrash metal?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
We'll see. For now, just talk about this song.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
its not a bad song, pretty nice, but i liked the first one more.
Arlen is hot.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I'll be honest, its not my taste.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
yeah..ill be honest to
i just didnt like it, its like..has no order.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
That's alright. Different strokes for different folks.