RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Social Anxiety.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm almost positive I have this problem. I tend to freeze up a lot in social situations, and when people I don't know try to talk to me I usually can't find what words I need to say. It's starting to get on my nerves now, and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for getting rid of it.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Oh yeah that happens with everyone, we just cant decide what we need to tell, we're frozen, what if i say this, what if i say that, so you should just be bold, think of dwara(lol anyone actually, or nothing lol) and tell them in their ...head..(not to use face right now) politely.
if you cant think of anything
we dont keep a yes no DWARRA lol.
eventually u'll get over it.
lawl
Arlen is hot.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
You need major charisma points, baby!  Um, Sims gain charisma by talking to themselves in a mirror, maybe that will work for you?

I wasn't comfortable in social situations until I began to make an active effort in including myself in a conversation.  Haha, the number one rule is to not be afraid of saying anything stupid.  Even if you do mess up, you can laugh at yourself, which lets everyone know that you're chill.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm more worried of saying something rude and hurtful. You see, I'm an asshole. If I don't think before I say something, I usually say something rude.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
AS i said on Hamachi, why u are talking to us.(topic freedom on forums but not in real life)

See i know Zypher
Someone who has curly hair and is a mod on spam
But say your name is jonny, I DONT KNOW JONNY.
so when i meet you in real life(say) i'll be worried cuz u can hit me, kill me, (well i'd burn u first but anyways lol)
So when u meet your fellow ppl, think as if its your world and you are free, stand for your opinoin, no ones gonna kill you, (unless your mixed with ciggare smugglin dogz like my dogz friend joe here)
Whenever you are scared/ thinking just think about the thing for a very short time, if someone asks you out and you gotta say no(OMG EXAMPLE MAN)

dont think stuff like "what if"
thats stopped when rm ends lol.
think positive, if you say no, you already got a partner for a ball nothing will happen
but if you say yes, then it wont happen like tv shows, where you gotta juggle 2 ppl, you suffer
and i like it lol
OMG IM SO BAD

BE BRAVE YOUNG WARRIOR AND REMEMBER, not asshole, maybe doghole(lol jk) dont say rude, say no politely, say sorry after no, "No sorry, i have already been asked"
not "No you friggin moron"
remember what you are
IAM RAD
Arlen is hot.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Nightwolf, I will reiterate that most of the time I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm more worried of saying something rude and hurtful. You see, I'm an asshole. If I don't think before I say something, I usually say something rude.
Then introduce yourself saying "I'm kind of an asshole, so just point out every time I say something rude."  They'll think you're weird, but you can turn it into a humorous bit.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I couldve put it that way to...
Arlen is hot.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I'm almost positive I have this problem. I tend to freeze up a lot in social situations, and when people I don't know try to talk to me I usually can't find what words I need to say. It's starting to get on my nerves now, and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for getting rid of it.
I'm the same, I hardly talk at all to anybody in real life ;-;. Unless of course I force myself to, but who likes doing that.
bringing sexy back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
YOU LONELY SOULS ;_;
well yes, i dont have any problem, but anyways...i dont..u know..
Arlen is hot.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
my friend has the same problem, and on top of that a stuttering problem. He has started to get better at speaking to people, and he told me his speech teacher said this:
If your nervous, wait for the other person to speek first before you speak. Notice the type of words they use in their talking. (if they don't cuss then don't cuss back)
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I have a cousin with a similar problem like Nouman's friend. Best thing is you follow Yossy's ad Nouman's advice. Also it's good to think what exactly to say before actually talking. It might look like "ZOMG, I don't have time to think half a minute about what to say", but that's not true. Fact is that the brain can decide within only parts of a second what to say. And in the other hand, a second is not very long. Even 2 seconds are nothing.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I used to have this problem.  I was so shy.  The only thing that really changed everything was the fact that I moved away... It inspired me to turn over a new leaf and start talkig to people.  I'm so much happier now, and it's a fact.  There are so many things I wouldn't have learned or experienced if I never spoke up.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
We should meet each other, you know...
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Oh man, where do I begin?

The only time I don't have social anxiety is when I'm at work, and in charge of something. Mainly because I'm teaching high school kids, and I don't care what they think. Then, because it's the kind of job where you have to know what you're doing, but you need a lot of help, I get to boss their parents around as well.  :D

Oh, and when I'm with my friends of course, ha.

But at school, I don't talk to anyone, because I don't know anyone, nor, actually, do I even CARE to know any of those people. Well, I have on friend there, but that's beside the point.

And any time I'm around a large number of people, like at an amusement park or something, I start to get sort of an anxiety attack, which I guess is more of a fear of crowds, rather than social anxiety...

Anyway, enough with the random babbling, my entire point for posting was: Once I realized I had this problem, first what happened was I think it got to me, and it started getting worse. Then I started to realize that I don't really care what strangers think of me, and I've started to get better with it. I still have it some, but I'm getting better. Also the not caring might just be me getting older, ha!
:tinysmile:

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
My natural arrogance saves me this problem. Basically if anyone doesn't like something I say I am clearly superior to them so it doesn't matter anyways. Of course, when people I actually care about disagree with me it isn't so simple. I tend to be more quiet around people I know than random people because of this.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
We should meet each other, you know...

LAWL
lol

I maybe had this problem but im 13, so i mustve got over it soon.
I gave debates but in alone talkingim kinda....
shy lol, sometimes, when someone important(not parents or relatives, cuz i talk to them everyday lawl) is in front of me
like a classmate who asks me for a pen but i dun got one...
lawl
my friend has the same problem, and on top of that a stuttering problem. He has started to get better at speaking to people, and he told me his speech teacher said this:
If your nervous, wait for the other person to speek first before you speak. Notice the type of words they use in their talking. (if they don't cuss then don't cuss back)

sure "friend" :V
Arlen is hot.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
And any time I'm around a large number of people, like at an amusement park or something, I start to get sort of an anxiety attack, which I guess is more of a fear of crowds, rather than social anxiety...
Oh, oh, I have that!  Though, not with an open area like an amusement park.  I can hardly step inside a crowded church without feeling queasy, and the same happens (though to a lesser extent) in other crowded buildings (malls, stores, etc.).  But churches make me feel sick, and I'm not sure why.

I think my problem is rooted more in claustrophobia than agoraphobia, though.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Oh, oh, I have that!  Though, not with an open area like an amusement park.  I can hardly step inside a crowded church without feeling queasy, and the same happens (though to a lesser extent) in other crowded buildings (malls, stores, etc.).  But churches make me feel sick, and I'm not sure why.

lol yeah.
i feel that if i do something ashameful like drop my ice cream or something silly.
i am very causious...i dun wanna be looked by everyone in THAT way
Arlen is hot.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
No, my discomfort isn't out of any fear of anything like that.  I just feel claustrophobic in churches.  Even if they're empty, and have high ceilings and are extremely spacious.  Remember that Phobias thread we used to have?  I had named churches in there. :P  Along with telephones. XD

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

I have claustrophobia too. The other day my students gave all hugged me at once, and I was like "GET AWAY!" because I felt trapped and then I started getting dizzy. Of course, there's the whole uncomfort in small rooms and the like too. Except closets, I've hidden in them [insert unapropriate gay joke here] before to jump out and scare people, and I feel fine. I feel fine in churches too, except one time when I passed out.

And then there's a major fear of spiders and heights ... but we're getting slightly off-topic, there's already a phobia thread, lol.

Rep:
Level 91
Ignore what i say. I'm never here anyway

simple solution in 3 easy steps

1. spend less time online
2. spend more time with other humans
3. dont start a sentense with the words "i hate black people" that will always screw it up
If you post outside the sewer, don't expect me to see it.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I get nervous around only one person in the world...and it kills everything

Rep:
Level 91
Ignore what i say. I'm never here anyway
what's ur age Nouman6?
If you post outside the sewer, don't expect me to see it.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

Rep:
Level 97
You still put 1/2 after your age? Hahaahahaha