RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Which RPG Maker is better?

Rep:
Level 88
I've been thinking on this and finally want to ask: Which RPG maker is better? RPG Maker 2003 or XP? I need to know this so I can finally start on my project.
Project: Assult

Developed by: Phoenix studios.

Release Date: 2008 [Scheduled]

Game Engine: Irrlicht Engine (Graphics Engine) (Gameplay Engine unconfirmed)

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I would go for 2003.  That's just my personal favorite.  Also, besides that, there are alot more resources and such for it.  It also holds that classical feel to it that XP does not.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
XP IMO, seems to be alot eaiser to make games with. But from what i have read, you can do so much more with 2003 then XP, which left alot of stuff out
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
I would go for 2003.  That's just my personal favorite.  Also, besides that, there are alot more resources and such for it.  It also holds that classical feel to it that XP does not.

But are the graphics fair on RPG Maker 2003? The graphics don't really matter too much, but it important in a game in some aspects. I'm going to switch to 2k3 more than likely, thanks for you opinions guys.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Well...take a look in Sion's "Chaos Generations: topic and look at the recent page (or the one before it) for some screenshots and examples of what can be done with 2003.

Rep:
Level 88
Well...take a look in Sion's "Chaos Generations: topic and look at the recent page (or the one before it) for some screenshots and examples of what can be done with 2003.

Allright, thanks. I'm guanna go look at it.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Which is better, which do you use, etc...

http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=2988.0

Hell, it's even stickied.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!