RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Best RPG made on this Forum?

Rep:
Level 88
Allright, I'm new here and I'm wondering: Who has made the best RPG's or RPG on this Forum? And after you give your answer, if you can, post a link to the download. I wanna test it myself. :P
Project: Assult

Developed by: Phoenix studios.

Release Date: 2008 [Scheduled]

Game Engine: Irrlicht Engine (Graphics Engine) (Gameplay Engine unconfirmed)

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
I haven't played a lot of this forum's games.  But, I am eager to hear what the other members say~

Rep:
Level 88
I haven't played a lot of this forum's games.  But, I am eager to hear what the other members say~

Yeah, me to. I would try to download some of 'em, but I'm afraid of getting a virus or something. If somebody tells me the best RPG made on this site, I'll probably download.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Hrm...I don't really know.  I havn't really tried to download any recently.  Most get canceled or are quit...so that's why I useually don't download them.  Besides...I'm not a RPG Maker Xp liker that much.  I would preferably use 2000-2003, much more 'classic'(?) experience.

I am currently workin on an RPG with 2003.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Someone here would actually have to finish one before anyone can answer your question.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
Someone here would actually have to finish one before anyone can answer your question.

You mean no one's ever finished one!?

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Nope.  Kind of bad, really.  Still...it's an impressive feat to be able to complete aa game made with RM, espicially a story-driven one like an RPG. Puzzel-based ones are one of the few that actually get finished over half the time.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I shouldn't say none, but I could probably count all of the ones that did get finished on one hand.

And then how many of those are actually good?

The thing is, people get bored with it before they even really get going, abandon the project, and then decide to start a new one, and do the same thing all over again. Take a look in the Projects/Games forum, and see how many people have multiple projects.

Of course, there are members who will finish a project, but most of the time they aren't worth checking out.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
MOT's zelda was good..
Blizzards game.
Yossy's Fuitaten was also nice, and so was Maia's game.
There are many good games made on this forum...

but nothing perfect and as Halo says, noone finishes anything...
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 97
MoT never finished his game, not even close.

Blizzard isn't done yet (although I'm sure he will finish his, and it will be good).

I'm not sure if Yossy finished hers, but the demo was good.

Maia's isn't finished either.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Yeah....somewhat i wanted to say that to...:(
Arlen is hot.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Of course my game will get finished. When I work on it constantly for i.e. a month I get sick of it and leave it for one month. When I take a look at it a month later, I get the itches to continue working on it. ;D I won't be able to finish it until Christmas, but maybe Easter, who knows. ;)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
Of course my game will get finished. When I work on it constantly for i.e. a month I get sick of it and leave it for one month. When I take a look at it a month later, I get the itches to continue working on it. ;D I won't be able to finish it until Christmas, but maybe Easter, who knows. ;)

Well, I hope you finish it soon so I can play it. I''m getting bored with my project and I'm 3% percent done, but I plan to work more on it soon.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
The beta testers have a dead line until th 11. November. When they are done, I will evaluate their reports, fix some stuff and release the Final Demo with 5~6 hours of gameplay. :)
Visit our website.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Im going to finish mine!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I want to TRY and finish my current one.  However...that might take a while.  I am taking the same approach as Blizzard, basically.  I'm just doing bits and pieces whenever I get the urge to.  That way I will not be trying to go at it for hours and then get bored very quickly....like my other projects.  I give myself time to think things over and fix everything  piece by piece.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I will finish mine. Probally releasing it around March. Reason it will take long, is because we are using Maya 8 to create extreamly interesting cut sceens. And still no one has volenteered to join my team. =[ lol
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

You mean no one's ever finished one!?

I've finished three, But I think they're horrible now that I'm almost done with DW.

Rep:
Level 88
Yeah, I've heard the best approach to doing any project is doing it when you get the urge to. It'll make it ten times better. Well, if anyone finds a good one post the download here  please.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
You should try Anaryu's game Outlaw City. He posted it here just a few days ago. I haven't played it, but as I know Anaryu it will be good. I just downloaded it and will play it tonight. :)
Visit our website.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Oh yeah some one force me to work on DW this weekend.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

mind if i send 10 messages?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
What will you say in the messages? It has to be like motivating.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I will say:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Oh I thought you were going to threaten my loved ones.... Actually that would prolly work better.