RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Best Ever / Worst Ever Hero names

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
The problem was, they abandoned that battle system because they must have thought it was FFX's downfall, when in fact it was the bad story and superficial stereotypical characters. Plus I just flat out despise ATB, and I didn't think much of XII's battle system.

Rep:
Level 89
FFIX was soooooooooooooooooo easy tho
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Me neither. XII's system was stupid. I can only hope XIII will finally make up the disappoinment of FF in the last few years. They could use me well as a story/plot writer, LMAO!

FFVI rox. But Gau is a quite confusing name. ?_?
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
I think "Gau" is supposed to rhyme with "cow."  But, yeah, it is confusing.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
It makes sense if you know a little Japanese. Tsuno will agree with me on this. If they put in the R in Bartz, it would be "Bah-ru-tz" in Japanese. "Bah-tz" is closer to what they wanted, which is "Bartz."
Usually, if an R is intended to be implied, the preceding vowel will be emphasized.  I would expect, if his name were Bartz, that it would be written ????  (baattsu).  Rarely ever is an R in a name portrayed as a "ru," unless it posesses a syllable of its own.

It doesn't change the fact that it's a stupid name.  Bartz?  What's that short for, Bartztholomew?  Hehe.

Anywho, Bahamut Lagoon is home to all KINDS of awesome names.  Not only is the hero named Byuu, but his friend is named Bikkebakke, and his girlfriend is Princess Yoyo.  Awesome!!

I never knew how to pronounce "Schala," either!  Is it "Skah-la," "Sha-la," "Shay-la," or some other pronounciation I never even thought of?
But at least we agree that it's not Butz, and it was never supposed to be Butz.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
Me neither. XII's system was stupid. I can only hope XIII will finally make up the disappoinment of FF in the last few years. They could use me well as a story/plot writer, LMAO!
XII!?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
The problem was, they abandoned that battle system because they must have thought it was FFX's downfall, when in fact it was the bad story and superficial stereotypical characters. Plus I just flat out despise ATB, and I didn't think much of XII's battle system.

My favorite is actually FFX-2's battle system. I've always loved changing classes. The ATB system was incredibly fast and smooth, making combat quick and fun. My main complaint is that it was too easy. =/

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yeah, X-2's was awsome.  Still, the battles were overly easy-Vegnagun was a laugh.  He only looked scary.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
not hero...but it would have to be Kongol

worst: eh i can't think of one
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I know, I'm as comfused.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I have the demo. It came with my copy of Dragon Quest VIII.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I heard it was a crappy demo.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
Oh, well, I'm more excited fo-

No, nevermind, I won't say, because we're already way off topic here.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
How so? We're discussing RPGs, which is the general topic of this thread. We don't necessarily have to be Nazis about making sure each topic contains a best and worst hero name.

Rep:
Level 96
Actually, no, the general topic of this thread is videogames. RPG's would be a specific area of the general topic. And now, *sigh* we've gone completely off topic because you had to make a post demanding a reply from me.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I've seen a movie on XII's battle system. Try youtube. Maybe you can find it. It's quite dissapointing and no REAL FF BS. =/
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Back-on-topicness, woo.

Awesome hero name:  Sword, the main character from a Dreamcast RPG called Time Stalkers.  He's a VAMPIRE.  With SPIKEY BLUE HAIR.
Bad, bad, bad hero name:  Nigel, the Landstalker, omg.  I think Gilgamesh and I are still the only people here who know who this is.  Nigel is a stupid name, especially in comparison with his original Japanese name, Rail.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Actually, a really bad name would be Georg, from Suikoden V. It's pronounced just like George, but without the E at the end. What the hell were they thinking?

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Kalas' father, in Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings & The Lost Ocean, is also named Georg.

Hey, Kalas is a pretty cool name.  In the game, they explain that he was named after the word for "raven" in an ancient language.  The language they were talking about is, duh, Japanese. (raven="karasu")

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
But it's nonsensical for that G to be hard. Like in "range" or "charge," you need an E to make that rough G sound. Without it, the G sounds like it would in "bang" or "song."

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Back-on-topicness, woo.

Awesome hero name:  Sword, the main character from a Dreamcast RPG called Time Stalkers.  He's a VAMPIRE.  With SPIKEY BLUE HAIR.
Bad, bad, bad hero name:  Nigel, the Landstalker, omg.  I think Gilgamesh and I are still the only people here who know who this is.  Nigel is a stupid name, especially in comparison with his original Japanese name, Rail.

Nigel is a fine name. :(  My only problem with landstalker is how hilarious his face looks on his sprite.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Geog is a european name. Such as found in the interlopers (i dont especially like english class, mind you)

anyways...
@ offtopic- the FFXII battle system...meh, we'll wait and see

@back on topic- Does this have to be rpg names? because i think Ratchet is an awesome name. I love that series...

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Best? Kirby. Mainly because when I play SSB against my friend (who ALWAYS uses pikachu or Samus). Thus, it is easier to cheer "Kirby! Kirby! Kirby!" than it is to "Samus! SAmus! SAmus!". Therefore everyone would cheer for me even if I was getting my ass kicked. ;D
Worst name? Terry, from the pokemon seires. (one of the names you could get) Come on! what sort of name is THAT?!
Spore. Will wright. 2008. :P