RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Best Ever / Worst Ever Hero names

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Haha, here's where we share some of our favorite main characters' names.  This is a neat way to get some insight on what other members' tastes in character names are.  This is not meant to have any correlation with favorite video games or characters... as you'll see by my choices, my favorite and least favorite names are from games that I haven't really mentioned here before...  Ah, what I mean by that is, not everyone can just say "Sephiroth" because he's their favorite character... you would have to really believe that is the awesomest name you've ever heard.  This is also the place to share what you usually name the main character in games (such as Zelda and most RPG's) wherein the player is allowed to input the hero's name.
Please also state why you selected the names that you do. ;D

Awesomest Hero Name:  Byuu, from Bahamut Lagoon.  It's such a cute name, and so fun to say!  BYUU, BYUU, BYUU!!
Worst Ever Hero Name:  Butz, from Final Fantasy 5.  Seriously.  What kind of name is Butz?!

And, finally...
What I Usually Name the Main Character:  Hayai, a Japanese word meaning "swift."  It just sounds awesome, and AGI is usually a stat that I find immeasurably useful in battle.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Awesomest Hero Name: Butz, from Final Fantasy 5. Seriously. Butz? That's awesome.
Worst Ever Hero Name: Arshes. Someone had to say it, I might as well do it first.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
MOST awsome lol-  I dunno but i'll go with Byuu, cuz i pronounced it and it is sorta kewl..
WORSE- PEECH....you know like leech is a blood-sucking worm lol? AND ALSO ARSHES
butz lol...actaully its a funny name lol...butz

What i usually name my Character-Depends on the story..but..

For Girl- Meher...lol(yaeh its a girl in my class..which i sorta hate -.- but the name's good)MANY MORE
For Boy- Dev(Dev=God) and many more

edit- OMG! Gilga i didnt copy ur arshes idea, you posted just bforeme
Arlen is hot.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
lol Butz... I had not one, but two teachers in elementary school with that name.  Mr. Butz and Mrs. Butz... they were so mean.  I guess they're the main reason I hate that name.

BYUU BYUU BYUU.  So fun.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
lol Butz... I had not one, but two teachers in elementary school with that name.  Mr. Butz and Mrs. Butz... they were so mean.  I guess they're the main reason I hate that name.

Mr. And Mrs, Butz lol!@
Arlen is hot.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
It's not funny.  o_o  They were the meanest teachers you ever saw.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm feeling pretty pessimistic right now, so I can't think of any awesome names. I have a long laundry list of bad names though, and I'll start with Dragon Quest 8. The hero? You make his name, but in all the official screenshots they named him Eight. Oh, how clever. And then there's his buddy Yangus. What the fuck kind of name is Yangus? Final Fantasy X had some pretty bad names too. Wakka? I'd like to have names that don't sound like a 4-year-old mispronounced a word. And then there's Jecht. I don't even know how to pronounce that one. But hey, if you go to one extreme, why not the other? Kingdom Heart's main characters weren't too bad in terms of names, but the enemies were crap. Like Ansem? That sounds like some 50-year-old British lady going "AWW HES SUCH AN ANSEM BOY" Q)_Q) Then there's his counterparts, Xemnas (an anagram for man sex) and Xehanort. The "Xeha" sounded pretty cool, so why do they end it with a disgusting "nort"? Anyway, that's my rant. Enjoy.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
*enjoys*

What about Dorcus, from Fire Emblem?  Dorcus is a girl's name... one of the girls from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers was named Dorcus.

I don't know how to pronounce "Cid."  Is it "Sid" or "Kid?"

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
In mario super smash brothers you can get a a guy called poo ?

what the hell . . .
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
No, Poo is from Earth Bound, but DON'T MESS WITH HIM because he's awesome.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Speaking of fire emblem, Shannon from Seisen no Keifu is awesome. I mean, a guy named Shannon? That's pretty cool.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It's pronouned "sid." Any C followed with an I makes an S sound. Like cinder and cilia.

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
best hero name: Dante, Devil May Cry/ Any other game with that name with thier character
why: it sounds bad ass

worst: cloud, ff7
sorry, love the game, but cloud is so generic...not alot of thought went into that name.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
It's not funny.  o_o  They were the meanest teachers you ever saw.

I expereince a bad teacher like everyday..she has to have her period EVERY FRIGGIN DAY

Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I had one teacher in 9th grade, Mrs. Alexander. She sent one kid to detention for smiling during class.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Oh My God!
That wicked wizened lady..

Omg like everyone hates Arshes, mission 1 in my maybe upcoming game- KILL FRIGGIN ARSHES
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Okay, time to clear up a huge misunderstanding for Square.

You people that knew him as Butz must have played an emulator version. Hell, it's the ONLY way you could have played it prior to it coming out on Playstation. But the ROM version had the name WRONG. The guy translating the ROM was, obviously, not an official translator for Square, and had to use his "best" judgement, and when he saw "???" he read it as, what it is, batsu. Bats? Butz? Get it? Well, he was WRONG.

Square re-released the game on Playstation years later, forever clearing up the hideous mistake we made and showing us that his name was, in fact, Bartz. It's Bartz. BARTZ, DAMMIT. NOT BUTZ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_V_characters#Bartz_Klauser

That being said.

Worst: Galuf. Come on.
Best: Kairi. Because it's a beautiful name.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 09:42:38 PM by arlenreyb »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Honestly? I think square was just embarassed that they had named him Butz.

Rep:
Level 96
I don't think so. There's no "uh" consonants in the Japanese language. They named him "bah-ts" and someone thought it was "buh-ts."

It makes sense if you know a little Japanese. Tsuno will agree with me on this. If they put in the R in Bartz, it would be "Bah-ru-tz" in Japanese. "Bah-tz" is closer to what they wanted, which is "Bartz."

edit: It would have been easier if I had just said "Square didn't actually change anything between the SNES version and PSX version of FFV. The name was spelled exactly the same in Japanese, in both versions."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 09:56:51 PM by arlenreyb »

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Yeah, I don't know any Japanese even though I took Japanese for two years.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Just like me and spanish. THREE years now, and I still can't say shit.

Rep:
Level 96
Well, either way, all I'm saying is that Square didn't name him Butz. They named him Batsu, and beause FFV was originally not released in America/Europe, they never bothered with specifying an English counterpart to his name, hence why it was up to some guy (or guys) who translated to ROM over the English. And they chose to name him Butz.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
hm...most awesome? not really sure. I like Serph from DDS2 though. I mean, it sounds like "serf" but its almost spelled like "seraph" which makes it cool.

worst? not really sure. I didnt really like Cloud. i mean, the first time i played it im like "wtf kind of name is cloud? he doesnt look like a large amount of evaporated water in the sky to me!"

or course, i was like...9...so...yeah.

WHat i name my characters?

i dont usually play girls... for guys its now either Dante or Vahn, but mostly Vahn now as Dante is really...i dunno, getting overdone. I suppose Vahn is to though...*shrug*

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Kingdom Heart's main characters weren't too bad in terms of names, but the enemies were crap.  Like Ansem? That sounds like some 50-year-old British lady going "AWW HES SUCH AN ANSEM BOY" Q)_Q).  Then there's his counterparts, Xemnas (an anagram for man sex) and Xehanort.  The "Xeha" sounded pretty cool, so why do they end it with a disgusting "nort"? Anyway, that's my rant. Enjoy.

That's because they just took the people's human named mixed them up and added an X. SO I would be Feendorehishbax!
But I agree with you the name did soud stupid.  ;D

Favorite-  Zidane ff9

hated- schala Chrono trigger and cross...
1. I don't know if i spelled it right.
2. I don't know hot to say it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 04:02:52 AM by BanisherOfEden »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&