RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Favorite game series

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I think I am the only person ever that hates mario.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
I almost pointed out that I don't like those games either, but I don't really hate Mario.  The sidescrolling platforming just can't hold a candle to other platformers like Mega Man, Mischief Makers, or Vecorman...

Toad should star in his own game.  He's awesome.

Rep:
Level 88
I personally ONLY like one of the choices above: the Final Fantasy series. xD

I would say the Kingdom Hearts series, but the storyline of the sequel dissappointed me a lot....And the storyline is what attracts me to games, not too much gameplay, but Halo is the only exception.
Project: Assult

Developed by: Phoenix studios.

Release Date: 2008 [Scheduled]

Game Engine: Irrlicht Engine (Graphics Engine) (Gameplay Engine unconfirmed)

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Where is your avatar from? I know I've seen it before in some manga series.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I would say the Kingdom Hearts series, but the storyline of the sequel dissappointed me a lot....And the storyline is what attracts me to games, not too much gameplay, but Halo is the only exception.

I never really understood that outlook. I play games for fun. If I were looking for a good story I'd probably just read a book.

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?

I never really understood that outlook. I play games for fun. If I were looking for a good story I'd probably just read a book.

i think a good game needs both.  u cant just have uuber good gameplay but a crap ass john hero saves the world for jack everyvillian storyline, but u can't have perci i seven takes on the great warriors of the cositon marxus (more complicated plot here) and have gameplay that makes rock-paper-sizzors seem fun.  u need both for it to be fun.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I don't feel like reading all the post but did anyone say Star Ocean? those were good games.... I dought anyone said Golden sun... I don't know if that can be a series, there is only two games... GOLDEN SUN was my favorite rpg... and Turok! you can't forget turok! really you can't those were good first person shooters... I haven't played the later ones... but I liked the first two...

EDIT- Is there a game called Tales of... or did you forget how to spell the neckst word?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007

Sure, but a game without a good story is just plain. Why are you watching movies then? You should be amazed by the moving pictures and special effects already, since if you want a good story, go and read a book. So movies with a bull of a story are good movies in your eyes?
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks

i think a good game needs both.  u cant just have uuber good gameplay but a crap ass john hero saves the world for jack everyvillian storyline, but u can't have perci i seven takes on the great warriors of the cositon marxus (more complicated plot here) and have gameplay that makes rock-paper-sizzors seem fun.  u need both for it to be fun.

I highly disagree. A really fun game doesn't need a compelling plot. You won't be bored because the game is actually fun. This of course assume that the game wouldn't waste time making you watch long scenes about the boring plot because then the gameplay wouldn't be fun because half of it involves sitting through text.

Sure, but a game without a good story is just plain. Why are you watching movies then? You should be amazed by the moving pictures and special effects already, since if you want a good story, go and read a book. So movies with a bull of a story are good movies in your eyes?

A movie that is extreamly appealing to the eyes could make up for lack of story, yes. People love art, which only occasionally tells a whole story. Visual appeal can be just as exciting as a good story. I don't really see how this relates to video games though, as video games have yet another aspect that movies do not. They're interactive. You play them. Thats what makes them unique. Thats what makes them exciting.

Rep:
Level 89
I highly disagree. A really fun game doesn't need a compelling plot. You won't be bored because the game is actually fun. This of course assume that the game wouldn't waste time making you watch long scenes about the boring plot because then the gameplay wouldn't be fun because half of it involves sitting through text.

well thats just ur opinion of course

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I don't feel like reading all the post but did anyone say Star Ocean? those were good games.... I dought anyone said Golden sun... I don't know if that can be a series, there is only two games... GOLDEN SUN was my favorite rpg... and Turok! you can't forget turok! really you can't those were good first person shooters... I haven't played the later ones... but I liked the first two...

EDIT- Is there a game called Tales of... or did you forget how to spell the neckst word?

Tales Of Phantasia
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of the Abyss
etc.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 89
are you saying pacman was just plain? and what about pong?
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Legendia
Ducktales

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Seriously. It's not just an opinion. I am right. Theres really no room for debate here. Or are you saying that all early games and pretty much every arcade game is a piece of crap? Games are about GAMEplay. Without gameplay they are not games. It is their primary fuction. Sure, a boring game with a great story might keep someone playing, but they won't be having fun. It's not a good game. Games are games at the foremost. They should be fun to play, not fun to read, not fun to watch, not fun to listen to, but fun to play.

It's rather funny that everyone loves Nintendo and their games and yet tries to disagree with me on this. Nintendo's goal is to focus on and pioneer gameplay. They want to make games fun for everyone to play. Take a series like Mario or Zelda or Metriod: they have very little if any story at all, but fun addicting gameplay. Everyone loves them. I don't see how you can even think that I might be wrong here. =/

Rep:
Level 89
games without good plots just have to have  really really good game play to make them worth playing through more than 2 levels
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
not true in the slightest. I seriously get sick of story in gameplay, cept for megaman, since capcom is so secretive.

Rep:
Level 89
Seriously. It's not just an opinion. I am right. Theres really no room for debate here. Or are you saying that all early games and pretty much every arcade game is a piece of crap? Games are about GAMEplay. Without gameplay they are not games. It is their primary fuction. Sure, a boring game with a great story might keep someone playing, but they won't be having fun. It's not a good game. Games are games at the foremost. They should be fun to play, not fun to read, not fun to watch, not fun to listen to, but fun to play.

It's rather funny that everyone loves Nintendo and their games and yet tries to disagree with me on this. Nintendo's goal is to focus on and pioneer gameplay. They want to make games fun for everyone to play. Take a series like Mario or Zelda or Metriod: they have very little if any story at all, but fun addicting gameplay. Everyone loves them. I don't see how you can even think that I might be wrong here. =/

it is just an opinion.  I never liked old arcade games.  Now I'm not saying I like games with good storyline and lousy gameplay, but without a good storyline games get boring for me real fast.  This is my OPINION of what kind of games I like.  you, of course, deserve ur own.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I think they need either... if they don't have good gameplay then they need a good story... no good story, then they need good gameplay. But the best is when they have both!  ;D
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
you idiots, GRAPHICS ARE EVERYTHING!!!!!

*sarcasm to the extreme*

*ahem*

i agree with BOE, in the sense that they are equal and in fact need to e together to form a good harmony...or whatever.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I'm with Gilga on this one. It's the reason why FFX is the only Final Fantasy game I've ever played all the way through.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
I agree with Gilgamesh on this one, but I understand that it's just one opinion among many.