RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Cold Shot: Grab your gun and prepare yourself...

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
It's supposed to be moving...
Cold Shot

This is a game I started about a year and a half ago and still haven't exactly had the time to complete yet.  Though whenever I get spare time, I will try to finish the task...

So here's how the story goes down:

As the intro tells you, you begin the game as a lowly chicken farmer with a happy hachet friend George.  He comes to visit you one rainy night, and strange things begin to happen.  You hear a scream from the chickens, and investigate.  For some reason, a sickly (dare I say almost rotting) chicken is harrassing and attacking the others, and George quickly puts it down with a swift swing of the axe.  You slough off the event and go to sleep. 

The next morning a pounding awakens you, and you're surprised to see George.  The sky is red and he seems frantic.  He tells you a mob burnt down his house and is heading your way in only a minute or so.  You run for the deep forest toward his cabin to figure out the situation.

In the forest you're confronted by more of these sickly green creatures, this time squirrels.  Even though they're small, an old man suddenly appears knocking the creatures unconcious with some kind of magic.  He tells you that some kind of infective curse has been spreading, and it posses these animals and people.  You find out that ice somehow slows the process.  The old man then takes your gun and modifies it to shoot a beam of ice, which freezes your foes from the inside, reversing the infection process.  He tells you to hold down the plauge until he can find a mass cure, and so the game begins...

(More info on website)

Features include:

-3rd person shooting system
-Custom menu (made all with events, will be later more advanced)
-2-player level (still remedial though.  I will make it more advanced later)
-Several bonus weapons
-18 levels (more to come)

Screenshots:

Version number: Cold Shot 0.53

Current Progress: 70%

Oh by the way, anyone who wants to help me with this who has EXTREMELY good knowledge of how to script events can help me out.  This is ALL made with events, and very headache inducing ones at that.

Cold Shot

Thanks for checkin it out.

Cold Shot

Do it.  Just give in and click.  Make sure to have your gun ready.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I am looking forward for the full version. It looks interesting. How much playtime do you estimate for it?
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
This looks good! I can't wait to try it, these sort of things interest me.

I am looking forward for the full version. It looks interesting. How much playtime do you estimate for it?

Right now I think it's at about 3-4 hours of play time.  I expect it to probably be around 5-6 when I'm done.  If I get around upgrading the 2-player system, it may be much much more (perhaps several 2-player only levels).  For the moment however my goal is to just get the basic features done.

Cold Shot

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I know this is going to sound stupid (most of the things I say do) but is the game Active time battle? Or is it Final fantasy Tacticish.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Active. Monsters, bullets, obstacles, etc are affecting you at all times.

People often tell me that playing it for the first few minutes of gameplay this makes it very difficult.  However it does get easier once you figure out the strategy.

Cold Shot

Just by the screenshots it shows big promise good luck and if you can please make each character's different sprites,Custom sprites.

Just by the screenshots it shows big promise good luck and if you can please make each character's different sprites,Custom sprites.

Haha thanks.

But what's wrong with RTP sprites..?

Cold Shot

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
People here don't like RTP because it shows a lack of effort. Yet with this project you've shown that you've put nothing less than total effort into it, so I won't condemn you for using RTP.

People here don't like RTP because it shows a lack of effort. Yet with this project you've shown that you've put nothing less than total effort into it, so I won't condemn you for using RTP.

Ya...

I mean I know RTP resources aren't the best.. but I consider having original resources secondary to actual features.  I consider original graphics to just be a sort of after game touch up.

Cold Shot