RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
2 probs

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
ok well i have 2 probs -_-

i am using rpg maker xp and im tryin to make a test game to learn all the things in the rpg maker prog but whenever i want to put in bgm in for example a cave i am putting in a code in :->  script editor> Game_system
but i am putting it here:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Play Background Music
  #     bgm : background music to be played
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def bgm_play(bgm)
    @playing_bgm = bgm
    if bgm != nil and bgm.name != ""
      Audio.bgm_play("Audio/BGM/" + bgm.name, bgm.volume, bgm.pitch)
    else
      Audio.bgm_stop
    end
    Graphics.frame_reset

at Audio.bgm_play("Audio/BGM/" + bgm.name, bgm.volume, bgm.pitch) i put Audio.bgm_play("Audio/BGM/" + 042-Dungeon08, 100.volume, 100.pitch)  and then i get an error same is when i put Audio.bgm_play("Audio/BGM/" + 042Dungeon08, 100.volume, 100.pitch)
and Audio.bgm_play("Audio/BGM/" + Dungeon08, 100.volume, 100.pitch)

also my other problem is on an map.
i made a heaven scene on the map with a house. there is a kinda openng that needs to lead the hero to another map i have doine that but u have to click a button to do that like opening a real door while its only a hole without a door -_- but how can you change that so that when he walks in the hole that he goes to another map?? without talkin to that space or anything...

thnx in advance

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
like i dont know for the first but for the second you can make it like urm..

Just make the event before the passable hole so when

Hero tough(1 before the hole place thing)
He teleports to another map..

If that is what you want
Arlen is hot.

hmm bout the second one i tried what ya said but it didnt work -_- i made the event when by the hole that the player gets transfered to another map but before that i need to click the a button or start button r whatever but none of the aroow buttons seem to help all i want was that when the hero stands on teh tile of the event that he transfers to another map. is that actually even possible i mean like the legend of zeld aon gba when he goes to the end of the screen the screen transfers link to another map area without opening it liek a door by a button or anything and the same goes for the houses. thats what i want t have too.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
So lemme get it,

You are saying the hero presses a button AND THEN when he goes he should teleport..

Hm, i think you can do that with the switches and all, but im not MUCH good in that, so if you need help with something which happens only after you've enabled something check zeriabs sig..

etc etc..
Arlen is hot.

well i meant:
what i have now is that when im in the area he should teleport to another map he wont untill i press a button. (all except arrow buttons)
what i want is when i just toush the event area with the character that he teleport to the other map automicly like in zelda when link wants to enter a house he just bumps in the hole and he transfers automicly to the other area. thats what i want to have but i dunno how.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
thats what im saying!

Hero touch! (in the bottom left kinda)
Arlen is hot.

lol sorry i guess i misunderstood you but yeh it works now thnx :D now the other problem with the background music it didnt work on my way but how do you all add background music then for like ur in a dungeon???

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
i dun no cuz i dont have good thing with scripts.
But if you want background music to play on a map, right click on the map(map name in the bottom left corner) map properties, native bgm music, bgs music(for effects of rain, quake etc)

scripts i dunno :)
Arlen is hot.

nightwolf ur the best you halped me ALOT !! ^^ altho i have come to another prob... im sorry for the trouble but i have made a scene with a king outside his building are elves which need to disapear when you have spoken to the king. i think it has something to do with a conditional branch and the if matter of course but what do i need to say for the elves to leave ONLY when u have tlaked to the king and that they never return?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Turn on a switch somewhere at the very beginning of the game. Set all the elves to have that switch as a precondition. Now after you have talked to the king, turn off that switch. Done, they're gone.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

-_- im sorry could you explain it with some coding with it cause i just dont get it -_- im dutch and not english altho i talk and understand it well its pretty hard for coding and stuff. thnx in advance

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
You only need events for this. There is no need for any script. Just as I said. In an event at the start of the game, turn on switch 0001 and set the same switch as precondition for every event with an elf graphic. The precondition can be set in the upper left corner of the event window. In the event representing the king at the point where you want the elves to disappear, just turn the switch off with the Switch operation command and they will disappear.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

ok ive done as you said but when i do that the elves are already gone when im in that area while the switch is on for them. in teh event thing of the king ive put at the end of the confo the operation switch 001 = off. but still like i said the elves are already gone even before i speak with the king -_-

At the beginning of the game, you must turn the switch on.  The switch is be default off.  If you never turn the switch on, then the elves will never be there.

ok the topic can be close di found out everything ^^ thnx for everyones help :D