RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
DAMN GODADDY!

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
OMG I can't believe this, I was trying to make a paypal payment for my new domain for teh tezukabekiri.org but it says my account was revoked even when I have £143 in my bank account, so this is pissing me off, I checked Paypal but there are no problems, my account is fine, so WTF is wrong with GoDaddy? Also, the doman is free, as in available.

By the way, this is what my Dad said, I just typed it in my own words.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Don't use godaddy for registering domains.

When you buy a domain through godaddy, even through paypal, you're entering into a contract. One thing in this contract is that if they SUSPECT (you don't even have to ACTUALLY BE DOING IT) that you're usung your domain for or are doing anything on it that's illegal (remember, SUSPECT), they reserve the right to disable it, the cost of which to reverse is something like $100.

I register all my domains through Dreamhost, even if I'm not hosting it there. I pay through paypal and there's no contract of any kind. I bought RMRK.net through dreamhost and host it with Cloud master's hosting fine.

I'd suggest you stay away from godaddy's hosting too. It's oversold to shit and will be annoyingly slow with frequent downtime. When you're paying so little for so much, they have to cut every corner possible to make any profit at all.

For hosting I would recommend Cloud master's hosting, it's what these forums are hosted on so you can see the speed for yourself =p
bringing sexy back

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Thanks man!

I could have wasted my money, by the way, do they seriously stop domains if they just SUSPECT you are doing something illegal? If that is true, they are kind of fucked in the long run, if they are going by hunches or file types.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
This reminds me, I still need to register symblade.net for myself.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I have no moeny!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 92
The Return of Mandy
GoDaddy even charges you a punk ass 25-cent-a-year "ICANN" fee. Though 25 cents isnt a big deal its the principle behind it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICANN

If you read through the article it offers proposed alternatives. I personally agree with the "Abandon all control and let the DNS namespace be a free-for-all"

>_>;

Where there are no gold stars, demerits, or infractions. <3

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
I found a host that charges just over $6 a month for a domain, Linux Expert server, 300GB Web Space, 1.5TB Bandwidth and Fantastico. I think that is way worth it. Also:

• Infinite E-Mail Accounts
  • Infinite MySQL Databases
  • PHP (DUH) and ASP

« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 02:06:59 PM by Tezuka101 »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Maybe you'll listen to me if I say don't buy it :/

Or get it and be pissed off at how slow it is or wonder why you get kicked off by them if you even use as much as 150Gb of space.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
He didn't imply anywhere in that post which host he's using. How can you tell him it'll be slow?

Rep:
Level 102
To even have a chance of making a profit from giving so much for so little money, you're gonna have to cram as many people as you possibly can onto each machine.
bringing sexy back