RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mystery dunegon CBS

Rep:
Level 88
Woot woot!
Is there a way to get a mystery dungeon battle system?

A mystery dungeon battle system is were when you chara makes a move, then your allies and enemies do. Example, you move, your ally moves in behind you, the enemy moves towards you. This needs to have the option to have allies, have monsters not attack unless you pass by, immobile monsters, ranged attacks, a way to cast spells/use abilitys/items from the menu, and non-hostile things. If at all possible pelase say.

Basicly a mystery dungeon CBS would also have to have a HUB to show your HP/MP/floor.

I'm going to look for an XP random dungeon genorator and random enemy placer-esc thing elseware.
Fat cat = fat dog

fat dog = fat lion

lion = cat

so.........fat cat = fat cat

PROJECT INFO
Nothing :3

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
I'm going to look for an XP random dungeon genorator and random enemy placer-esc thing elseware.
Now doesn't this ruin the point of designing?
~Banned~

Rep:
Level 89
kinda but I think he wants to have completely random dungeons
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 10:51:21 PM by thingy »
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

Rep:
Level 88
Woot woot!
No, mystery dungeon games REQUIRE randomly genorated dungeons and randomly spawned enemys. otherwise it would be PREDICTABLE dungoen now wouldn't it?
Fat cat = fat dog

fat dog = fat lion

lion = cat

PROJECT INFO

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
Now doesn't this ruin the point of designing?
I quote that

Rep:
Level 88
Woot woot!
Well, if every other mystery dungeon has random items on the ground, and a diffrent dungeon every tiem so you could never memorize the layout of a particular place, how would you like to see a game wiht the same system but instead you can memorize the layout and you always knwo what item is in what chest?
Fat cat = fat dog

fat dog = fat lion

lion = cat

PROJECT INFO

Rep:
Level 88
Woot woot!
Well, anwyays, If you want to learn what a mystery dungeon is, get a GBA emulator, get pokemon mystery dungeon red rom, and then play through the first dungeon a few times. You'll see >=(
Fat cat = fat dog

fat dog = fat lion

lion = cat

PROJECT INFO

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
A random dungeon generator isn't easy to make. But I would know a method how to make one work properly...
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 89
well you could make a couple hundred dungeons and have it randomly select one using a variable.......
but that would require lots of different tyle sets and enuff time to make A LOT of good maps
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one

Rep:
Level 88
Woot woot!
yeah. I want a random dungeon genorator so I might be able to get randomly appearing chests/items. As well as randomly appearing/respawning monsters
Fat cat = fat dog

fat dog = fat lion

lion = cat

PROJECT INFO

Rep:
Level 89
I'm betting there is one in the 20 something pages of scripts on hbgames.org

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
A random dungeon generator isn't easy to make. But I would know a method how to make one work properly...

Lol. A completely random dungeon generator is rather easy to make.
The problem is if you don't want maps to look like crap.

You would want the dungeon to have a certain style while maintaining the randomish feeling, which is more difficult.
Maybe you are in luck, maybe will Blizzard make one ^_^

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
That it is supposed to make random dungeons that don't look like crap goes without saying. Ever played Lufia 2 - Rise of the Sinistrals for SNES? The game had a very good random dungeon generator (Cave of the Ancients or something like that). Maybe you can google or wiki it.

ZOMG! I just invented a new word!

to wiki
Visit our website.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Don't take such things for granted or n00bs might try crawling all over you.

p.s. I like the random maps in Diablo.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Yes, I know. Diablo 2 uses a similar system. It creates passable "squares" and out of these squares a map is created. Very clever indeed.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 90
Say it with me, 16 year old alcoholic.
Is there a way to get a mystery dungeon battle system?

A mystery dungeon battle system is were when you chara makes a move, then your allies and enemies do. Example, you move, your ally moves in behind you, the enemy moves towards you. This needs to have the option to have allies, have monsters not attack unless you pass by, immobile monsters, ranged attacks, a way to cast spells/use abilitys/items from the menu, and non-hostile things. If at all possible pelase say.

Basicly a mystery dungeon CBS would also have to have a HUB to show your HP/MP/floor.

ur talking about a battle system like in pokemon mystery dungeon? i think that'll b really hard to make.

Owner of ChaosDreamz© Productions.
Progress of:
Silent Dynasty©-Death Nightmare       
Storyline:  |||||||||| [62%]
Mapping:    |||||||||| [3%]
Scripting:  |||||||||| [1%]
Database:   |||||||||| [1%]
Audio:      |||||||||| [1%]
Overall:    ||||||||||[3%]
Demo:    ||||||||||[75%]