RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Euthenasia

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
My GW Character. Hes cool
Is it right or wrong. Personally i think it should be allowed. Why should a person with a terminal or completely disabling disease be forced to endure life even though they know that before long it wont be worth living or even not there. I mean if a dog has cancer and it cant be cured, you put it down. But if a human has terminal cancer shouldnt they have the choice to take their own life or let the disease take its course. My grandpa (RIP) didnt know he had cancer till it was too late and the last few weeks of his life were torture for him and my family. they have laws like this in holland and switzerland were a person can take a lethal amount of sedatives given legaly by a doctor, but only if they have a terminal or disabling disease.

post away

Rep:
Level 88
Woot woot!
yes. Think of it yourself, whould you rather sit on a hospitol bed, in pain, just waiting for whatever you have to take it's corse while you sit alone, tended to by people who pity you, or just get it over with?

I say, get it over with, leaving someone who would be better off gone now in a state like that should be considered cruel and unusual punishment.
Fat cat = fat dog

fat dog = fat lion

lion = cat

so.........fat cat = fat cat

PROJECT INFO
Nothing :3

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I personally would fight it to the very end, but I think if people want to end it they should be allowed to.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I couldn't bring myself to end my own life like that, but I suppose it is up to the person involved.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Just because you wouldn't want to live doesn't mean they won't. Euthenasia came from the belief that they are no longer productive members of society, and since they're not useful we should get rid of them. I'm against the idea.

Sure, if someone doesn't want to live if they get like that, there's stuff they can do to make that known -

D N R
Do Not Recessitate

But if there's a chance they'll live and survive, we should let them keep that chance.

You're comparing puting a dog down to a human. You're basicly saying that humans are worth as much as dogs. That we're just animals, and once again, I don't think that's right.

Even if I wasn't a Christian, I wouldn't agree with it.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 88
Woot woot!
Humans ARE animals
Fat cat = fat dog

fat dog = fat lion

lion = cat

PROJECT INFO

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I am not a member of PETA or anything, but I agree to an extent.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Just because you wouldn't want to live doesn't mean they won't. Euthenasia came from the belief that they are no longer productive members of society, and since they're not useful we should get rid of them. I'm against the idea.

Thats why I said I think people should have a choice, rather than being for euthenasia.

You're comparing puting a dog down to a human. You're basicly saying that humans are worth as much as dogs. That we're just animals, and once again, I don't think that's right.

Even if I wasn't a Christian, I wouldn't agree with it.

Oh, PLEASE. Humans ARE worth no more than a dog. If anything humans are worth less than other animals. At least other animals, who arrogant assholes like you consider inferior, do not bring harm to the plant or other animals. Nothing like the destruction we cause. Perhaps you should re-evaluate your own life before considering yourself better than a dog.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I think it shuld be right for the person to choose. Fate or die now. but it shouldnt be able to buy in shops or on the street. only in hospital and for the people who are certain to die.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
My GW Character. Hes cool
Thats what i was getting at. and tsuko, if you think about putting down a dog and ending its pain and discomfort but not letting a human die of their own choice is crueler to the human than the dog because the dog is no longer suffering.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Thats what i was getting at. and tsuko, if you think about putting down a dog and ending its pain and discomfort but not letting a human die of their own choice is crueler to the human than the dog because the dog is no longer suffering.

There's a difference in what you're talking about and euthenasia.
Have you ever heard the term - eugenist ? It is the view that I mentioned earlier.
Hitler was a eugenist, euthenasia is killing them whether they want to be killed or not.

What you said (as I italicized in your post) is that we should allow someone to be killed if they want to be. That I'm fine with, I don't agree with it because I see it as assisting suicide, but I'm not going to argue against it. If I wanted to die, I myself probably would ask for me to be killed, so yeah.

@GilgameshRO - Yes, humans are worth more than animals. Even you should see this. If you don't use Christian views, use the views someone would use if they were appraising something.

Which lasts longer? Humans
Which can speak in a way other creatures can understand them? Humans
Which has a larger brain? Humans

Those are only a few examples.
I will quote someone on this issue (well, partly having to do with abortion, but you'll get the point) -

How is it, that if we kill a baby eagle, we go jail for 20 some years, but we can kill a human baby and nobody care?

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
@GilgameshRO - Yes, humans are worth more than animals. Even you should see this. If you don't use Christian views, use the views someone would use if they were appraising something.

Which lasts longer? Humans
Which can speak in a way other creatures can understand them? Humans
Which has a larger brain? Humans

There are many animals that live longer than we do, and many that are stronger than we are, and they can be trained to follow commands far easier than humans. In that way animals are far more useful. Yes, we have big brains, but the potential does not mean we actually use it. Your arguement here is proof enough of that to me. You aren't even using your brain at all in this case, but the ideas of someone else. Don't let your religion think for you, think for yourself.

I will quote someone on this issue (well, partly having to do with abortion, but you'll get the point) -

How is it, that if we kill a baby eagle, we go jail for 20 some years, but we can kill a human baby and nobody care?
I think my previous arguement already accounts for this question. However, if you were to consider numbers, what is one human death to the population of humans? And one eagle death to the population of eagles? It is considerably more damaging to eagles to kill one of them than it is damaging to us for one of us to die.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
And yet we are intelligent enough to create tools used to overpower them easily.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
As a Christian, does that actually mean something to you? Does physical force and the ability to kill actually hold value in your eyes?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 01:15:13 AM by GilgameshRO »

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
No, but if I were not a christian, then yes. That's why I'm trying to argue it using views that aren't necisarily christian.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Animals only do what they need to do to survive. Our "tools" have gone far beyond that. Now we dominate for the sake of domination, not for the sake of survival. We use our minds to create convenience, no matter the consequence of the process. We are no longer content to just live. In a sense, the simplicity of other animals is what makes them superior. We are the only animal that are so wasteful and vicious. For all we can boast, what good does it do? Though some humans fool themselves into thinking they have done some bit of good, the average person in a modern society does more damage just by living than they are likely to be able to prevent.

[EDIT:] I know we've gotten totally off topic, but I feel that this is important as well.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 01:44:39 AM by GilgameshRO »

Rep:
Level 88
Woot woot!
Well, I agree with that. Our "Tools" are more than surviving. They are for pleasure or domination.

Arguments and my response:

A) Humans have bigger brains    R) Humans only use a fraction of their brain power

A) Humans can easily overpower any other animal    R) Humans have to use their TOOLS

A) Humans can speak, other animals cannot    R) Animals speak to other animals, humans cannot speak to other animals

there, three reasons why humanity sucks
Fat cat = fat dog

fat dog = fat lion

lion = cat

PROJECT INFO

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
While animals use more of their brain capacity, we are able to only use a fraction of ours, and still have more intellect than animals.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!