RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Test Play and non-Test Play Key Functions

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
Ok, Bliz gave me the RMXP Help file and so here is my new Key Functions tut.

Alt+Enter Alternates between window mode and fullscreen mode. (I'm sure this is already known but for the beginers sake.)

Alt+F4 Exits the game (forced quit).

F12 Returns to the title screen.

F2 When playtesting, shows the fps (frame per second) in the title bar.

F9 When playtesting, press this key down while on the map, but not in an event, to call the debug screen (a list of switches and variables).

Ctrl When playtesting, hold this key down while moving to disable random encounters and travel through impassible tiles.

Well, I hope this tutorial has helped all  :D

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
How do you activate Debug mode ?
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
...Hit F9 outside of a battle.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Does anyone like these?

Rep:
Level 96
I know that if I was not aware of them, this would be a big help. So I guess yeah, I do!

Rep:
Level 88
Where's the head of a chocolate coronet? :O
There were some I did not know, but the majority I already knew thanks to fooling around with keys back in RPG2k  ;D. Oh yeah, I remember something happens if you press F1 during play. And no, it's not a help file. Instead, it's properties. However, I can't read it since it's in Japanese. I haven't tested this in playing the real game. I just tried this when I was test playing. From what it looks like, you can edit the controls in Properties and some other crap.

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, that's for control changes and turning sound/bgm on/off.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Well done. =D I will remove the other tute then.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Thank you, Blizzardsan (it got me thinking about that when I read this:
Japanese.
)

Rep:
Level 88
Thank you, Blizzardsan (it got me thinking about that when I read this:
Japanese.
)

It might be just that my RPG Maker XP has its properties area Japanese. Maybe some other RPG Makers (Since there's a bonanza of them out there) might have it translated, it may not always be in that language. Just so you know, I use Postality Knights for my RPG Maker XP needs. ;)

Rep:
Level 96
Mine has ?'s.

Rep:
Level 96
It means the text is replaced with "???????????????????????????".

Rep:
Level 88
What?
It would be like a message box and in it would be Japanese characters, but since the computer can't use them and all, they would be replaced with a ?. It happens when they don't have characters for them. :o

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Ah, I see  :)