RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Avatar the Last Airbender - Sozen's War

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I am beginning work on a game based on the Avatar the Last Airbender universe.  The games title will be Sozen's War, named after the Firelord who started the War 100 years ago.  If you have not watched the show, then you'll have had a hard time catching what I just said.
Our story is not about the Avatar, after all, he is not the only person who is fighting to save the world.  Our story is about a young Earthbender named Shin Su, he is not a very advanced yet, so is stationed protecting a small town against their common problems, however the War is gettin closer and closer to this town.  Take the lead of Shin Su and help him and his comrades defend the Earth Kingdom from the ruthless Fire Nation.
The game will not include all that much new stuff, it is the first RPG I have worked on in a while and I have made a concious choice to not get in over my head.  Right now we are in the planning stages and I have been asking other Avatar fans to pitch in where they can and help with the development of the game.  Right now I am getting the plot outline done and laying out the tilesets, there will be quite a few all new tiles, as well as all new character sprites and battlers.  The Character classes are all custom as are a few spells and pieces of equipment, for the most part I am just toying around getting a feel for how the players will progress in strength right now.
Here is a sample of one of the new sprites, I have not worked on the head at all yet, so it won't look anything like that when it is done.   

Here are a couple of screenshots showing some of the new Battlers as well as the Title Screen.

If you are an Avatar fan and would like to contribute right now I am looking for people to help do character work, they all need sprites and battlers (The battlers I am ripping from the show for ease)

Thanks for looking and have a good one, I'll keep the thread updated with our progress thus far.

Later,
Lotus

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
You should add Aang in it.

Aang will be in the game, and perhaps briefly be playable, but I do not want the game to revolve solely around him, the T show is taking care of his story, I want to tell the tale of someone who is not a super powerful character who is just doing what he can to defend his homeland.

cool, avatar is amazing, you should have the water bender in there aswell (cant remember her name lol)

Katara?  You'll meet her.  You'll be able to get a different Waterbender in your party.

it looks weird. your characters are toony, and they are fighting realistic looking monsters. jst doesnt look right......but avatar rocks! good luck

I haven't replaced the characters yet.
Simple explanation ain't it?

cool, i like your fire benders.

Jet Set Radio
Looks awesome.
- My company P:
Detectives

Rep:
Level 88
Training to be Naphes Replacement
i love the fire nation battlers but you need some custom ones for your own teams battlers
Current Project:Secret Project
Progress:||||||||||

I CAN TYPE IN BIG BOLD LETTERS

Like I said, we haven't gotten those done yet, they'll be there, we either have to draw them or else find suitable images from the TV show though, which can be difficult.

Anyways, we have started up our own forum just for the game, it is there to help the developers keep in touch as well as help those who wish to follow the games development keep up.  If you'd like to join up to either help or else to just chat about it, please feel free.
Sozen's War Forum

Later,
Lotus

Rep:
Level 88
Training to be Naphes Replacement
okay ill bookmark it
Current Project:Secret Project
Progress:||||||||||

I CAN TYPE IN BIG BOLD LETTERS

ill join up.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
This game looks cool I hope to be able to play the demo soon.

P.S. Those firebenders look really cool

You'll have to wait a while for a demo, I have a lot of graphics that need done, so if you are good at doing sprites, we could really use a hand in that department.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
http://www.musogato.com/avatar/sprites.html

would these sites help it have some sprites

The sprites are far from the right kind.  But everythings on hold right now, my laptop crashed with all the work on it.