RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hello.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Playground schoolbell rings again
Rainclouds come to play again
Has no one told you she's not breathing?
Hello. I am the lie, living for you so you can hide
Hello

Hello,
   I figured I'd start this thread with the name Hello and a quote from the Evanescence song of the same name. They are my all time favorite band, and I am deeply in love with Amy Lee.
   Now that the creepy part is over... hiya! ^_^ I've just recently been on an Evanescence craze, I don't know why. Maybe beacuse The Open Door came out and I'm totally in love with it. No, I am not Goth. No, I do not cut myself. Yes, I am a geek that needs a life. Anyway, a bit about me;

Name: Josh
Hobbies/Interests: A lot of music; Evanescence in particular, classical, pop, opera, etc; my violin, singing, yaoi, RPGs, yada yada... ask for specifics.

Okay, so I'm way too lazy to type more. You want more specifics? Feel free to spam this topic with reckless abandon! ^_^

~Josh
Signature in progress, but rest assured it will relate to Evanescence.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Welcome Evanescent! Good to meet ya!

Hiya, arrowone, and thanks! :D

By the way, I took a gander at that thread in your sig, and it intrigues me. I think I'll read it in its entirety at some point, but right now Photoshop calls to me to work on a signature image, soo... yesh. xD

NOO! My Photoshop is not working! I must now cry... :'(

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Hello, hello!  Welcome to crankeye.   8)
There's pretty much nothing else to say really...that's why almost all of my greetings are like this.

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
On the contrary to Lavata, I welcome in great detail.

I am someone who posts humongous welcome posts. To start off with things, you'd be wise to read this, so you don't get in trouble for doing something you had no idea about.

Also a thing to be aware of. It had dimmed down lately, but you'd be best prepared for everything. Don't be offended if a number of people flame you, it basically means nothing. Why they're allowed to is beyond my understanding.

Don't be offended by fumanchuu and others not being afraid to hide their sexuality, they just like a place to say it seemingly. Use the search button to find answers to questions that you might have. Who knows, it Might have been asked already. That helps avoid people from flaming you or dumbing you down.

Follow the rules..and don't join the flaming crew. If people say something, that relates to an incident that might HAVE happened in the past on this forum, you might be like "what are they talking about." Suggest you get briefed about "Important stuff" so as you don't repeat something people hate. :-\

What a long post. Welcome to the forums, follow that, and no one should bother you. Except those that have nothing better to do then that, but just ignore them.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Hello,
   I figured I'd start this thread with the name Hello and a quote from the Evanescence song of the same name. They are my all time favorite band, and I am deeply in love with Amy Lee.
   Now that the creepy part is over... hiya! ^_^ I've just recently been on an Evanescence craze, I don't know why. Maybe beacuse The Open Door came out and I'm totally in love with it. No, I am not Goth. No, I do not cut myself. Yes, I am a geek that needs a life. Anyway, a bit about me;
~Josh

Evanescence is alright, but you realize Amy Lee's voice is filtered, and she actually can't sing that well.

Anyway, welcome.
:tinysmile:

On the contrary to Lavata, I welcome in great detail.

I am someone who posts humongous welcome posts. To start off with things, you'd be wise to read this, so you don't get in trouble for doing something you had no idea about.

Also a thing to be aware of. It had dimmed down lately, but you'd be best prepared for everything. Don't be offended if a number of people flame you, it basically means nothing. Why they're allowed to is beyond my understanding.

Don't be offended by fumanchuu and others not being afraid to hide their sexuality, they just like a place to say it seemingly. Use the search button to find answers to questions that you might have. Who knows, it Might have been asked already. That helps avoid people from flaming you or dumbing you down.

Follow the rules..and don't join the flaming crew. If people say something, that relates to an incident that might HAVE happened in the past on this forum, you might be like "what are they talking about." Suggest you get briefed about "Important stuff" so as you don't repeat something people hate. :-\

What a long post. Welcome to the forums, follow that, and no one should bother you. Except those that have nothing better to do then that, but just ignore them.
I have been welcomed by a moderator, and my life is complete! xD I have read the rules, and have a decent bit of forum experience, so I know the ropes. Especially the startrek.com forums... oh, dear God... :-\

Quote from:  HaloOfTheSun
Evanescence is alright, but you realize Amy Lee's voice is filtered, and she actually can't sing that well.

I beg to differ, and will post some YouTube videos of her different live performances. You'll want to notice that no, she doesn't sing that well when she's jumping around on stage. Who would? But when she's sitting at a piano with an acoustic guitarist acompanying her, she has a beautiful voice. ;)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007

I have been welcomed by a moderator, and my life is complete!

Lol, does the same count for scripters?! :scripter:

BTW, we're all cool here. Mods are also only humans. (Humans with forum-über-powers, but still humans.) Right, Halo? *gets smacked in the face*
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Hey and welcome to the forums.
May i call you Evan? lol or jonny
Arlen is hot.

BTW, we're all cool here. Mods are also only humans. (Humans with forum-über-powers, but still humans.) Right, Halo? *gets smacked in the face*
Scripters count, as coding/scripting makes you a God in the world of computers. xD

Quote from: Nightwolf
Josh works. ;)

Evanescence Vids
Alrighty, here we go.

Going Under Live Okay, now here you can definately see her alto voice come through, everything is much thicker and richer. It is different from the album version, but think about it; You want to please the crowd, and it's not easy to sing while bouncing like a gothic bunny.

Good Enough Live Now listen to this. Most beautiful thing on the planet, not filtered, no jumping around. I now cry at the beauty. At any rate, if you aslo watch this clip, you'll see that she most certainly does not do any lip synching, for those of you who might think so.

Call Me When You're Sober Live All I can say is, "Listen to that, compare it to the album recording, and tell me it's filtered."

-BIG exhale- In Amy Lee, We Trust. ^_^

Note: No idea how long those vids will be there. Since Google bought YouTube, it's being a total ass and removing any "copyright infriging content." Big. Corporate. ASSES. >:(
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 12:55:03 AM by Evanescent »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
REMOVING?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Hello and Welcome to Crankeye.

(Silver won't let me advertise any more)

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member

Scripters count, as coding/scripting makes you a God in the world of computers. xD

Josh works. ;)

Evanescence Vids
Alrighty, here we go.

Going Under Live Okay, now here you can definately see her alto voice come through, everything is much thicker and richer. It is different from the album version, but think about it; You want to please the crowd, and it's not easy to sing while bouncing like a gothic bunny.

Good Enough Live Now listen to this. Most beautiful thing on the planet, not filtered, no jumping around. I now cry at the beauty. At any rate, if you aslo watch this clip, you'll see that she most certainly does not do any lip synching, for those of you who might think so.

Call Me When You're Sober Live All I can say is, "Listen to that, compare it to the album recording, and tell me it's filtered."

Note: No idea how long those vids will be there. Since Google bought YouTube, it's being a total ass and removing any "copyright infriging content." Big. Corporate. ASSES. >:(

You don't get that a lot of singers even have touch ups done to their voices during the post production process of a live peformance. I know several people that are amazing singers who will testify that her voice is for the most part fake. They have a large range, and can match Amy Lee note for note, but there is no way any singer can keep up that quality for so long; you'll have awful overtones after a while. Filtered doesn't mean she sounds like an adolescent teenage boy trying to sing, but rather that she doesn't quite have the range you'd expect her to have judging from hearing her on the radio, or whatever.

Bah, anyway, I don't want to get into a huge argument about it. Judging by how much of a fan of Evanescence you are, you aren't going to believe it in any way. So, welcome once again, don't hate me for trying to crush your dreams, and enjoy your stay here.
:tinysmile:

Josh works. ;)

Evanescence Vids
Alrighty, here we go.

You don't get that a lot of singers even have touch ups done to their voices during the post production process of a live peformance. I know several people that are amazing singers who will testify that her voice is for the most part fake. They have a large range, and can match Amy Lee note for note, but there is no way any singer can keep up that quality for so long; you'll have awful overtones after a while. Filtered doesn't mean she sounds like an adolescent teenage boy trying to sing, but rather that she doesn't quite have the range you'd expect her to have judging from hearing her on the radio, or whatever.

Bah, anyway, I don't want to get into a huge argument about it. Judging by how much of a fan of Evanescence you are, you aren't going to believe it in any way. So, welcome once again, don't hate me for trying to crush your dreams, and enjoy your stay here.
I can see that in the Good Enough video, but explain that for the Call Me When You're Sober video; it was taken off someone's camera. I highly doubt they did any touching up there.

Quote from: arrowone
REMOVING?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Unfortunately, yes. I searched and found a video from the same session as Good Enough, where she performed Lithium (another of my favorite songs), but when I clicked it told me it had been removed due to copyright infringement.