RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help with prison door

Rep:
Level 88
ahhh...
I can't get my prison door to work right, the animation is smooth and fine, but my main problem is that once you open the door, i cant go through the main entrance, but i can go through the walls of the door.

I also want to know how to make your partners follow you as you play like in Chrono Trigger.
ARGH!!!!!

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
I can answer your second question with a caterpillar system. Search it up, you'll find some answers, either scripts (RMXP) or events (RM2k/3).

If you can screenshot the problem of the walls of the door (Click Print Screen, Open Paint, Click Paste, save the image file as JPG, go to http://www.imageshack.us, upload the image, and link to it using the
Code: [Select]
[img][/img]
tags.)
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 88
ahhh...
i still dont know how to do the screen shot...sry, but i'm such a noob right now...
ARGH!!!!!

Rep:
Level 88
ahhh...
nvm, i figured it out
ARGH!!!!!

Rep:
Level 89
there should be a button on your keyboard that says Print Screen
push it while look at what you want to take a screen shot of

open paint
click the edit drop down menu
click paste
cut away the parts of the image that aren't important (outside the window we want)
save as a jpg

go into the forums
go to the right topic
make a new reply
go to additional options
click browse
find the image you saved
attach it to your post
hit post
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

Rep:
Level 88
ahhh...
here are the screenshots of my problem
ARGH!!!!!

Rep:
Level 89
can you go thru the wall or is he just standing outside the wall there?
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one

Rep:
Level 88
ahhh...
yes you can go through the walls, but you can't go through the main door entrance.
ARGH!!!!!

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
You've crossed a Terrible Fate.
I have the same problem with that door, the best explanation is that Enterbrain fucked it up, sorry mate...

The Above Picture and Signature, are made by Dragonfly (C) 2006

"I see Reflected Reflections in the Reflections of my Reflection." -Me, Jesse G. Brands

Rep:
Level 89
go into the database, go to the tileset, go to passability, make the walls not passable (set to X) and make the open door passable (set to O)

Rep:
Level 88
ahhh...
Its not a tileset, its a event from the character sets from the RTP.
ARGH!!!!!

Rep:
Level 89
oh right, you didn't use a prison tile set...

You've crossed a Terrible Fate.
How else would he make the Gate open =/

The Above Picture and Signature, are made by Dragonfly (C) 2006

"I see Reflected Reflections in the Reflections of my Reflection." -Me, Jesse G. Brands

Rep:
Level 89
switches and use the tileset images

dragon you clearly don't know that much about this so you might want to stop trying to help since ur not anyway
no offence
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 03:11:58 AM by thingy »

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
Well if he didn't choose the prison tile set he can always do what I like to do, make what I like to calla "blocker"! Blocker events stop characters from going into that square. Then for the door simply make what I like to call "passer" event.

www.s10.invisionfree.com/UnitySeries

Tutorial will be posted here soon.

Edit: Posted
~Banned~

Rep:
Level 92
Is it possible to have two events overlapping? :-X
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
If you make another event that moves one on top of the other as soon as a room begins.

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
Is it possible to have two events overlapping? :-X
Yes, you can have as many as you want, just use the action, "Change Event Place"
~Banned~

Rep:
Level 92
Ah I knew that part Naphe, I just wondered if two events could occupy the same square in rpg maker in differnet layers. Would be neat actaully to have that.

< Zelda Fan Club

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
3D Version Only, I would recommend RealmCrafter, it's setup is like RPG Maker but it's a 6 on 3D graphic quality.
~Banned~

When you activate the door to open, set your passibility to on. I had the same problem.
There is no signature.