RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Info, Pics, Discussion

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: UPRC

There hasn't been a topic on this since the start of the year pretty much, and with Armageddon's release only two weeks away I thought it would be fun to discuss all the new shit the game will feature that we weren't aware of before.

For those who are unfamiliar with the new Mortal Kombat: Wikipedia can answer most of your questions. IGN and Youtube also have some very nice videos up.

So, let's see what Midway's got planned for the biggest Mortal Kombat yet..

• 62 characters
Everyone, and I mean fucking EVERYONE is in this game (minus Khameleon) is in this game. All the badasses (Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Shang Tsung, Liu Kang..), all the lame hidden faggots (Meat, Mokap, etc.), the giant cocksuckers who would normally give you a hard time before the final fight (Goro, Kintaro, Motaro, Moloch), and the big bosses (Shao Kahn, Onaga) are all playable.. Plus there are two new characters (Daegon and Taven). That is one hell of a line-up which should please every single Mortal Kombat fan, new and old...
Playable characters are: Ashrah, Baraka, Blaze, Bo' Rai Cho, Chameleon, Cyrax, Daegon, Dairou, Darrius, Drahmin, Ermac, Frost, Fujin, Goro, Havik, Hotaru, Hsu Hao, Jade, Jarek, Jax, Johnny Cage, Kabal, Kai, Kano, Kenshi, Kintaro, Kira, Kitana, Kobra, Kung Lao, Li Mei, Liu Kang, Mavado, Meat, Mileena, Mokap, Moloch, Motaro, Nightwolf, Nitara, Noob Saibot, Onaga, Quan Chi, Raiden, Rain, Reiko, Reptile, Sareena, Scorpion, Sektor, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, Sheeva, Shinnok, Shujinko, Sindel, Smoke, Sonya, Stryker, Sub-Zero, Tanya, and Taven. Here is a render showing th full roster.
But if that wasn't enough...

• Kreate a Fighter
Armageddon is the first MK to feature a character creation system. Now, people can create their own Scorpion rip-offs! I've watched a few videos of created characters fighting (and the process of making one) and it looks very thorough. Every aspect of your fighter can be customized, and if you are good enough you can make characters from other trademarked series. Check out this image that Lord Typhoon showed to me on IRC. Pretty fucking awesome, huh? Total control over appearance is nothing new, but the ability to actually give the character their own custom fighting styles is pretty cool. If anyone gets tired of the 62 characters already in the game (??!) then this feature should greatly prolong the life of the game since there are literally billions of possible characters you can make.

• No more fatalities?!
No more pressing a bunch of buttons to make Sub-Zero freeze you and fuck up your frozen soon-to-be-corpse. Now, players get to put in various button combinations which will allow you to tear of specific limbs or brutalize your opponent in some sick way. What happens during the fatality is all up to you. Will you just lob their head off or will you "play" with them first? The choice will be yours!

• Aerial combat
Remember back in MK2 when you could temporarily fight in the air? Well, you can damn well do it again! Aerial combat is back, and according to Midway you can really go apeshit while you're up there. I'm thinking it'll be something like Marvel Vs Capcom's aerial fighting.

• Motor Kombat
Man, just wow..  Instead of playing chess or aligning gems, we now get to drive karts. Yes, Motor Kombat is a blatant Mario Kart ripoff (right down to powerups) but it looks FUN. Did anything think that Chess Kombat was really that fun in Deception? I doubt it.. But this... This looks fun!!

A few other things.. Blaze (hidden character in Deadly Alliance) is the fucking final boss. Do you know how much that makes me happy? Blaze was the only useful hidden character since MK3. Meat? Mokap? Give me a fucking break, they sucked terribly. Blaze had three VERY good fighting styles from some of the top fighters in Deadly Alliance, and he had some great specials. I honestly thought he was one of the best characters in Deadly Alliance (behind Sonya and Sub-Zero). Now he gets final boss treatment? Okay!! :D

Here are some pretty cool screenshots:
[hide=Kreate A Fighter stuff]

[/hide]
[hide=Fight screens]

[/hide]
[hide=Other shit]

[/hide]
[hide=Alternate costumes]

[/hide]

Cool MKA videos from E3

High resolution render of the full character roster

Classic versus screens (showing the two fighters on the loading screen) also returns. Yay!!

So... Armageddon ships on October 9th. Anyone else going to grab this game? I am actually going to buy a PS2 just so I can fucking play it.