RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help with science project

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Hi and many thanks to those reading this,

Well onto the subject, I have this science project where you have got to make a "moving object" which uses some kind of energy for example, electricity, wind, physical (example, a pull car) and so on. So you see, it doesn't have to be a F1 race car, just something simple and easy to build in about 2 days (due on monday....today is friday, 7:30). Can anyone direct me to a site or suggest something to make with instructions included? Thanks and IF (notice the IF) I don't get this done....bye bye KH-2 =[
Please to aware my internet is not working on my notebook so I cannot check this topic 24/7, and if this is in the wrong section or I have poste this twice, please move or lock, thanks.

~Winged

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
well you could get a brick and tie a rope to it then pull it along.. then it can be kinetic energy!
Soz if it seemed mean but i failed science and thats the best i could get out of my small yet puny brain.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
NO , AD, what you said is not kinetic,it can be also called MUSCULAR ENERGY

pick something heavy, moake some animal do something.
Take a lightbulb, light it using ur hands or using a switch, it'd be called electric energy

Or give an idea what u want..i'll think one up..
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
thanks for that fix up nightwolf. sorry bout the mistake. but as i said i did fail science lol.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Oh lol..
This time i didnt get good in physics, i am used to like 25/27, i got a 20 -.-

Winged did you find any help?
Or you can rub your hands together, THATS kinetic energy.
Switching the light bulb as i said is electric-->light energy..(transform)
When you make music using a vibrating instrument, like drums, or a guitar, you make sound energy.
EVERYTHING can have some energy
Arlen is hot.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Just make boat and blow into the sail.

wind energy -> kinetic energy

Simple and efficient. I could tell you how to make turn solar energy into electric, but that takes time. ::)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 02:15:58 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Just make boat and blow into the sail.

wind energy -> kinematic energy

Simple and efficient. I could tell you how to make turn solar energy into electric, but that takes time. ::)

KInetic lol, its kinetic..

And its actually Wind+Muscular--> Kinetic, u'll get more grades too cuz if you blow with your mouth ur muscles are pulled.
If you blow with a fan its electric and wind..

If your like beating a huge drum its sound lol
Arlen is hot.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Oops... >.< *fixes post above* Side-effect of fast typing...

Actually then it would be

muscular -> wind -> kinetic

OR

electric -> wind -> kinetic

Even better. ;D
Visit our website.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
That gave me a laugh. Yes just take a brick, put it on the table and push it. You now have a "moving object".

Nah, I think doing what Blizzard suggested is a good idea.
Just say that it's wind -> kinetic
Only if they ask should you say muscular or electric depending on whether you blow or you are using a fan.

This reminds of my pre-trip (or whatever) before I started at the university.
There we had to make a "moving object" that moved on its own. (In groups)

A lot of groups made contraptions with rubber bands and such.
My group used an electric shaver. It could just keep going XD.

Well… Maybe it would be a good idea to the energy provided by a rubber band you twist and twist. That is, if you don't like Blizzards idea or don't think it is allowed.
 - Zeriab

<3
Rep:
Level 90
with the boat making, its simple and quick. I like it, but the teacher would give me like a C+ (extra grade cause I'm always the good lil girl, lol). Anyway, I posted these on various forums and this is one I liked. You guyz mind rating the chance of it working and the type of energy? I gotta write a prac report as well and I only have about 10 hours starting from now.

Quote from: arevulopapo

1 - wood, styrofoam, or some plastic lighter than water
2 - nails
3 - rubber tape
4 - plank

turn the wooden plank backwards several times (depending on the tape) - this will tense the tape. when you release the tape, the "boat" will swim forward. construction time ~minutes. you need a water tank for this though, but you can take some basin with you :)

~Winged
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 11:01:31 AM by Winged »

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
That's good.

muscular force/energy -> elastic force/energy -> kinetic force/energy

I like that idea
Visit our website.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I've gotten alot of diffrent replied with what energy it uses and the most common was Potential>Kinetic but I'll listen to Bliz ;D
Thankyou, you helped me out alot here!

~Winged