RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Theme song for a short story

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Download: Download: http://savefile.com/files/145661

This is a main theme I wrote today for a crappy emo short story I am planning to write when I'm bored sometimes.

In the story, a homeless guy goes to a small lake/pond everyday as his 'comfort place'.

One day he meets a girl there; and she was there everytime he went to the pond from then on. Months passed by, they only talked when he went to the pond, for she was only there. She was always at the pond, but she always refused to go too close the pond itself.

One day she wanted him to take her to town, so he took her through the town. On the way there was a music box that she liked, but he didn't have the money to buy it for her.

He saved up the money he collected for days, barely eating anything; and finally accumulated enough coins to buy the music box. She kept him company; something no one has done in years. So he wanted to repay her.

But when he brought the music box to the pond for her, she was no where to be seen.

Time passed by, he always kept the music box and went to the pond everyday to look for her to give her the music box.

One day, he found her there again. But she was beside the pond this time; and as he looked down upon the water, she did not have a reflection. After, he found out that she was, all along, a mere illusion caused by the poisoning by the pond's polluted water that he drank.

Basically, in the end he took the music box, winded it and drowned himself in the pond with it; hoping to finally bring it along with him to her somehow.

The beginning of the song is the simplistic music box playing, and slowly fades away as he drowns below the pond. Then the real version of the song starts.

I myself really like the part from 0:46 sec 1:00. Sadly the percussion crescending-crash-symbol kinda thing at the beginning of that (I'm not sure what it's called) was a disaster in the program (Finale) that I'm using and I have no idea how to do it the proper way.

This is the short version (Total Time: 1:43) of the song. More like the intro+chorus and the ending, actually. But the basic nature of the song should be shown in these segments.

Thanks for your time~ Any comments/feedback/suggestions are welcomed!

P.S. Is it just me or is Finale's mp3 output's sound quality pretty crappy compared to a lot of the others out there? I don't really like its piano sound and etc.; they seem to lack depth somehow... Dunno, maybe it's just me being tarded.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:15:01 AM by irock »