RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Spirika: Project looking for expert rmxp mapper

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Hello, everyone, allow me to introduce myself, with this my first post, my name is Blacklight. Nobody here knows me, I suppose, except for that I am a friend of ex-rpg-maker/mad genius with short attention span Gyromon.
I am the proud new owner of the currently worthless game label Earthstorm Games and right away I am starting off with a new project. At the moment, I'm not here to drop details about the game, but suffice to say that it will be a freeform experiance where you play as a spirit who can inhabit any of twenty-some characters and change their destinies and the outcome of the story as you go along. This is an ambitious if rather small project, and the first thing I need for it is the two warring cities in which the events of the game take place. Now, I'm not much of an rmxp mapper, so I thought I would bring one more person onto this project and ask for somebody to design the two cities. Pretty much there are no specifcations except that they will not be the normal cheerful friendly type of towns but rather more dark and mysterious in nature. Aside from that, and the fact that they should be very large and explorable, I'm leaving this up to the first volunteer so I can focus on the game engines. So, do I have any takers?

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
If you don't post with glow it'll be easier to understand your request.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Tsunokiette... I agree so here is a easy on the eye's version:-

Hello, everyone, allow me to introduce myself, with this my first post, my name is Blacklight. Nobody here knows me, I suppose, except for that I am a friend of ex-rpg-maker/mad genius with short attention span Gyromon.
I am the proud new owner of the currently worthless game label Earthstorm Games and right away I am starting off with a new project. At the moment, I'm not here to drop details about the game, but suffice to say that it will be a freeform experiance where you play as a spirit who can inhabit any of twenty-some characters and change their destinies and the outcome of the story as you go along. This is an ambitious if rather small project, and the first thing I need for it is the two warring cities in which the events of the game take place. Now, I'm not much of an rmxp mapper, so I thought I would bring one more person onto this project and ask for somebody to design the two cities. Pretty much there are no specifcations except that they will not be the normal cheerful friendly type of towns but rather more dark and mysterious in nature. Aside from that, and the fact that they should be very large and explorable, I'm leaving this up to the first volunteer so I can focus on the game engines. So, do I have any takers?

Sounds very much like my Game Entrusted Vengeance... If you like Blacklight I have dropped the game... you may download and rip it and make it your own if you like... its got many nice elements... Have fun !!!

Here's the Thread about my old Work in Progress Title... http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=3013.0

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 88
Well here is a sample of some of my skills but if you give me a little time I can make better maps.

Subzero, you are hired. You have been sent a Pm and thanks for your help!
This post is now closed, Mod may delete it thnx.

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
I could help
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Thanks, but I probably won't need it.
I'm waiting to hear a reply from subzero, and if he doesn't come through I might consider you, but u seem like a noob and I need proof of mapping talent.

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
lol yeah im a noob even though i run my own buisness, i make my games with a team of  developers and love pancakes
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Random lol...
well I have not heard a single word from subzero,
so if another week goes by, you get the job.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
As I could also help, I'll edit this post with my screenies.

Alright, at this point, I consider subzero fired lol.

Next in line for the job is whichever of you two can show me a good screenie first.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
Ok! *begins mapping*

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

alright, dude, you got the job.
Actually your mapping is quite impressive.
So here's what I need

One large city, and by large I mean huge, and by huge I mean if you contain it in one map you're gonna need 200x200 or somthing like that so I would advise you seperate it into mulitple sections.
A large amount of small scale detail is not nessecary, but simply the city must be well arranged on a large scale, with the spaces between buildings forming labryniths of roads that it should be possible for a player to honestly get lost in. This should be a dark and dismal london style city full of alleyways, big towers, churches, etc. as well as plenty of annoymous houses. This is an exterior job only, so the buildings should just have doors that don't do anything when you touch them. One side of the city should connect to a dock-type area that leads out to a large body of water that can't be crossed. The other sides can just end in solid walls. Basically what you're aiming for is to go as big, dark and intimidating as possible. Cobblestone streets, probbably, and possibly a 'slum' section of town with crumbling buildings, and well, whatever else you might want to throw in. You have at least two months so there's no rush whatsoever, but I would appreciate if at least every other week you updated me on your progress.

In return for this job you will be the only person outside of myself who gets credit in what I hope to be a succesful game, and also a promotional bump for any website you might want to draw attention to.

Alright, good luck, and I'll look forward to seeing this city take shape.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Need some more info, just incase:
Is this back in the day style, or modern city style. real streets?
RTP, or no RTP?

Yes this seems like a very big map indeed, probally too big to fit in one map. Since I can only use one tileset on one map, and I don't know how I could make a church and a city. But he ill try, I will use paint to draw a concept map when I can, and post it here, just mainly where the buildings are and what not

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
ooooooh! I wanna map for you!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I guess we can both do it.

No, sorry, but this is just for one person only.
Nouman will work alone, and thnx for the reply Nouman!
I would advise that you go beyond the RTP if you like because there
are way better tilesets out there. RTP is allowed if you really want to though...
This is semi-past, amybe 1700's somthing like that, so no modern streets.
More like cobblestones.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
i need to be supplyed the exact tileset before I can start, just so I know exactly how to make it look. DO you have the tileset I will use?

Well, I hadn't planned on providing a tileset really...  ???
But I guess I can find one for you... hold on...
There's a very nice ruined cityscape at http://www.phanxgames.com/resources/displayimage.php?album=33&pos=70
But it might not be complete enough. I only want some parts of the city to look decayed, not all of it.
I'm particularly attracted to the design of the tileset at
http://lrpgm.com/site/index.php?show=resources_download&did=2839
It's made for a church, but a city would be pretty easy too.
Possibly you could stick one of these on the bottom of the other for
one complete cityset fuse.
If you don't want to do that, just use the giant fuse cityset at
http://lrpgm.com/site/index.php?show=resources_download&did=2644
It's nice, but not exactly what I wanted, so I'd prefer a fuse of the first two.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
the first two fused, or seperate would not be enough to make a city look good of that size, I can work with the fused, maybe even throw in some stuff, and see what I can do.

Sounds good to me. You just do what it is that you do, and show me as soon as you have somthing worth seeing. Best of luck to you!