RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Reives' Dimensional Time Theory - <The Motionless World>

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
But of course, it's science!

"Knowing" is the best way of knowing things.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
HAY GUESS WHAT

There is no such thing as time. We made that shit up.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)

Rep:
Level 96
I think of it less as a tangible object than a way of measuring things/a comfort device.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Sorry about the delay Tsun~  :P

Time travel is impossible. I'll explain why in a bit.

@Reives - Interesting idea, I myself came up with a theory for this not too long ago. I recommend you research "Ground Zero" (I'm not refering to 9/11 or WTC BTW.) as it will help you to further your theory.

@arrowone - I didn't read all of what was posted but got a general idea of what it was saying, my theory was similar, only it involved time bubbles.

And my definition of dimentions was -

1st - Universe
2nd - Ground Zero
3rd - Heaven
4th - Hell
5th - Where they all cross

Construction of a time bubble - (as interpreted by me)

My theory stated that we live in a time bubble.

A few definitions (once again as defined by me) -

Ground Zero - Contains all that has been or could have been, also known as the realm of possibility.

Type 0 - Destroys all matter comming out of the "Now", and only allows that which will not disrupt the space-time-continuim(sp?) in.
Type 1 - Only allows that which has been in the "Now" to exit, and transforms the possibility into matter when going into the "Now".

Anti_Matter = Matter that was in the "Now", passed through Type 0, and somehow got back through and remains in the 5th dimension. (forgot to label it, it's in between Type 0 and 1)
Anti_Atoms = Atoms that make up anti matter and interact with Pro_Atoms (or atoms in the "Now")

Our concience spans throught the future, present, and past. Matter is created and destroyed at the same time, and our free will exists in Ground Zero, making our minds to hard to recreate.

Time travel is impossible simply because if we managed to "force time" (deja vu and something else *I forgot, threw the paper away a while ago* are evidences of "forced time") and shove through the barrier which keeps us in, it would be impossible to continue, we would be destroyed since Ground_Zero is both everything yet nothing, since entering it would be the only way to travel time.
This is more interesting than my theory in my opinion; the existence and interaction of the 'layers' are triggers some well rounded train of thought.

But it seems like an theory based on personal interpretations, which struck me as coming out of the blue (not necesarily bad; t'is more creative in that sense).

Also there are a few parts that puzzled me, such as "Anti_Matter = Matter that was in the "Now", passed through Type 0, and somehow got back through and remains in the 5th dimension." -Anything can do something 'somehow'; it just feels unexplained.

But again, all our theories are just theories; there's no such thing as perfection especially regarding to these types of subjects.

Overall I enjoyed reading your idea, was quite interesting and left me thinking~  :)

Edit: I edited the first post, indicating your theory's post.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 01:22:21 AM by Reives »

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Thanks.

BTW: Refering to your post about "those with religion" not giving squat about theories like this -

I'm a christian. (just wanted to point it out)
And you can't "know" anything. You can theorize, but you can't "know" it. Therefore science is as much based on faith as relgion. Saying you know something for a fact, is the same as making a universal statement.

The reason my theory is like it is, is because I believe God is omnipresent, omnicient, and *forgot last word, it means all powerfull) and is a spiritual being. Notice how I said matter is destroyed, I never said the spiritual self is destroyed. I believe God works in a manner like this and is the only one able to "force time".
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 89
Heheh, well I guess I'meant those who strictly abides religious beliefs to the extent of finding anything science related abysmal.

And I agree with the non-existence of true 'knowing' part. But although science would be based on something that is not the absolute truth just like religion, it still follows materialized 'evidence'. Although this, like anything for that matter, is not necesarily that of absolute truth, it is still more (even if illusionally) supported to the relative shallowness of human apprehension.

I have nothing against religions for that matter, by the way. I'm rather neutral to all ideologies. I remember coming up with something concerning the positive existence of God a few years ago... forgot the details though :/

Oh and that third world meaning all-powerful is 'Omnipotent'.

Rep:
Level 96
I love this topic.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Freedom freedom freedom OI!
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 96
You can't beat Zoidberg.

I'm gonna show this topic to my teacher tommorrow, I think he would get a kick out of it! 's that okay with you Reives?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Actually I wanted to say humans can do that, I wanted to say it´s not possible to be at the same position in space in the same frame of time.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 89
Arrowone:
Sure, if you want.

Blizzard:
By 'to be at the same position in space in the same frame of time', what are you comparing to? As in at the same position in one frame of time and another?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I didn't read the entire thread and am not going to, so I apologize if this point has already been made. But I found a flaw in your logic.

If only one line existed at the same time in a flat surface, it would not be a flat surface but a single line. If only one flat surface existed at the same time in a cube, it would not be a cube but a single flat surface.

You mention that all the lines exist at the same time. You mention that all the flat surfaces exist at the same time. Therefore, by your theory, all times exist...at the same time. Moreover, that makes all dimensions exist within themselves. All flat surfaces will exist at the same flat surfaces, and all straight lines will exist at the same straight line. We know this to be untrue, so your "time exists within itself" theory cancels itself out.

Rep:
Level 89
Therefore, by your theory, all times exist...at the same time.
Uh, sorry but that was kind of the whole point of the theory.   :P Except you did not put quotation marks around 'the same time'. By 'at the same time'; I simply meant as in a structure of the whole, like a film roll with all the frames embedded in it. Hence, it does not mean relatively to time itself as you most likely though; sorry for the unclarity I guess.

Moreover, that makes all dimensions exist within themselves. All flat surfaces will exist at the same flat surfaces, and all straight lines will exist at the same straight line. We know this to be untrue, so your "time exists within itself" theory cancels itself out.
I don't really understand your point and their source here, now. All flat surfaces will exist 'at' the same flat surfaces?

If what was misunderstood was the 'time exists at the same time' part; note that I put 'the same time' in quotations or italics to emphasize the non-literate proportion of its definition being used. So again by at the same time; it is rather simultaneously to the degree of beyond our exact vocabulary, as it would be when comparing the third dimension with the fourth and as such.

Also, I'm not sure if this still applies to your point, but lower dimensions does exist within its higher dimensions. The graphic displayed upon the monitor or shadows might be seen as examples of that. :)

Although I'm guessing that your entire post was based on the misinterpretation of the 'same time' ideology, "We know this to be untrue" is rather contradictory to the point of such theories; which are there to bring new ideas into what was the commoner's thought. Hundreds of years ago, we 'knew' Earth was flat; and that's still at a non-extensive level. So I personally believe reality is anything we make it out to be.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
How have I only just read this thread.

I'm not too certain of my own ideas, I beleive time travel to be impossible though, on the grounds of basically - how the heck would you initiate a jump in time? Though that makes me wonder if maybe it actually is possible, but we just don't have the means necessary to do it.

As for free will, the idea is understandable, though hard to comprehend. I'm sure nobody is going to like the idea that everything they're ever going to do is already predefined, and your choice is essentially just an illusion.

Both the ideas are sort of related, in that, if your future is predefined, and you were to go back in time and change things, well.. what. life would BSOD.
bringing sexy back

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Arrowone:
Sure, if you want.

Blizzard:
By 'to be at the same position in space in the same frame of time', what are you comparing to? As in at the same position in one frame of time and another?

I mean you can´t be at two places in the same time frame. You can be at one position in one and at another in another frame, but you can´t be at two positions in one frame. In other words we need some time to travel from one place to another. To travel through time we first need to find out how to teleport.

@Silvy: Lol, BSOD! xD
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 12:06:06 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
By the way, this whole concept is just asking for an RPG to be made out of it.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Where do you think I´ve got some of my ideas?! They are planned for Chaos Project. The Chaos Project is actually [WARNING! SPOILER AHEAD!] a project where the bad guys in my game are trying to use the Chaos MAchine to merge all the 232 parallel universes into one. That way all existence wouldn´t be annihilated, but it would experience a fate even worse. Imagine existing in a universe constisting out of so many universes at the same time in the same place. >.<
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 02:34:53 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I meant Reive's theory specifically.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I know, but I meant that´s how I got the idea for my game. I sometimes sit just there and get these crazy ideas. Some of them are pretty useful and interesting and so some of them I use for my games.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 89
Meh, I doubt most people would enjoy a game based on something like this though  :P (This, not Blizz's)

And Blizz: Oh okay, I see what you mean.

*What does BSOD mean? :/

P.S. Anyone else find it f'ed up that there's already mid-terms after just a month of university/college? . . .

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Blue Screen Of Death, I presume.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
You presume right. [dumbness]Or could it mean Battle System of Dogma?![/dumbness]
Visit our website.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
So, your theory on time is... ( i'll use a simple example) that the 4th deminsion is like a flip book of the 3rd deminsion. Each page is a frame of the universe, they all exist with each other, but the others can not be seen. But that's the  3 D. we live now, but 4 D. allows us to be conscience of the other pages of life.

I also began a theory that time is actually a type of energy, like fire or light, and not a force like gravity. Another thing, what is gravity. Scientist truelly don't know what creates gravity, but just now that it exists and humans live by it.
I also have other of countless theories, one of a possibily of time travel. The problem of not seeing people from the futrue here in the past is...
The time machine has to record the calculated data of our existance from one point in the future to the remainig future. That would be the only places to time travel through.
The free will bit is really intruiging. (Excuse me for my spelling, I'm real fatigued and in the Army, stress levels are high)
Well, I don't mean bit, but the topic itself is real intresting. Also a couple of friends of mine said that God (him or her self) created science so that humans wouldn't go insane, but left out enough so that we wouldn't be able to discover things untill God wanted humans too.

I just thought of this, what if time and gravity were one. That they are acually the same thing. Time and gravity are a type of energy and that each thing in the universe has their own type of time, wich would explain why earth has a certain type of gravity than other planets. When astronauts leave earth and go to space, they become younger when they return back on earth. One instance was that an astronaut had a twin brother who was younger than him by three seconds, and since he has gone to space so many times that he became younger than his younger twin. Which also "proves" the twin theory when someone travels the speed of light and returns back on earth that what felt to them a single minute was actually a century on earth. Sorry, but I'm rambling on and posting my thoughts. This would mean that when leaving earth, space itself (the empty spots) time radiates there but not as much it would normaly would on the surface. The time differnece would be nanoseconds, because the energy that radiates from our solar system means combines to make a certain type of rythme of energy.  This energy also compreses space to make our reality of the 3rd demension we live in. By gravity it pushes on the time frames, thus making us believe that we are moving through time, this energy also give earth its shape. But since we can't really land on another plant in a different system, this theory is yet to be proved.
Another words, the farther away from the solar system, time fades away to non existance untill the next system radiates it's time.
This may sound like nonsense and rubish, but most of ya'll are opened minded and seem to listen to what people have to say and think about it.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Wrong, we live in 5D. You forget density as the fifth dimension. Think about it. Compressing time with density would allow time travel... blah blah blah... *points to earlier post*
Visit our website.