RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help with a project.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Hello everyone! =D  Tis I:  Lavata.   I'm requesting for help again =(

useually when I do this...no one really cares.  That mostly because they have their own projects to work on.  However, if your free, would anyone be able to help me with this?

The story can be found in the following address:
http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=3305.0

Making a game by yourself can be quite difficult and sometimes frustrating.  If your frustrated making the game...you useually quit.  I don't want to quit, so I'm asking for help.

Mappers, spriters, composers, anyone like that as long as your half decent (sorry...I couldn't make it sound any better >.<)

Well...I shall just leave this open.

Oh, and also.....

SHould it be made using 2K3, XP or 2000?

Rep:
Level 89
unless everybody uses the same weapon for the entire game I don't think Lance should start with his father's sword
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
He should actually. It's part of the story and might have an effect on it afterward. 

Besides, you can make it so that your not able to discard the sword.

Rep:
Level 89
but then he is using his final weapon from the start and will either do way more then everybody at beginning or a ton less at the end
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Maybe I will work it into the plot somehow =\

It could be possibly taken away from him by GEN for some reason or another.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Like the way Death takes Alucard's stuff in SOTN?

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
o.o   DOn't know.  Maybe it wil be because he wasnt allowed to have any outside weaponry.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I am in need of a tester.  Is anyone willing to volunteer?

Rep:
Level 89
doing school work and Blizzard's sorry  :P

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Tis alright.  I mgiht be a while finding someone.  But i can wait.

Rep:
Level 90
I have game maker's block PM me with game ideas.
I will test your game,and as for his father's sword: Make it in-equipable(unable to equip) till a certain story event.
Major Project : Cliche Cronicles
Total: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Resources: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Script: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Voice Overs: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Currently: Planning

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
My GW Character. Hes cool
You could do something like the Dark Brotherhood quest in Oblivion. You get a dagger right at the start of the quest line and after the last mission this ghost takes it and gives you a souped up magicaly enchanted version. Just a suggestion. And I'd be happy to test it for you. Just so long as you can guarantee that it's spyware/virus/trojan etc. free coz ive had to completely re install my computer because of some fucking spyware. It fucked up my internet and I couldnt get it working without re-installing Windows. ~_~ Lame...

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
Maybe I will work it into the plot somehow =\

It could be possibly taken away from him by GEN for some reason or another.
Easy, do this:
Create A Duplicate Of The Item, But Make It Stronger

Create a common event, and set the trigger to "None"
Name it "Main Item"

Create a conditional branch, set it to change if "Father's Sword" is equipped by the main hero
Under Condition Met, Add Item, "Father's Sword" *The Second One"
Change Equipment, "Equip Father's Sword" *The Second One*
Remove Item, "Father's Sword" *The First One*
End Event Processing

Under Else Case Handler, Create The Action, "End Event Processing"

Now when you want to call it to power up the weapon symbol use the action, "Call Common Event" To Call The Common Event, "Main Item"

If you want to power it up along the way, just make more duplicates, and have it get rid of the last sword and replace it with the new one.
~Banned~

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Yo, I'll test your game if you want, just TMB if you want me to.