RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Chaos Project - Nemesis´ Wrath™ (Final Demo) Beta testers needed

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Jaehss, es troo...

Rep:
Level 89
A rittle much...? Or not nearry enough!?
Jaehss, es troo...
I think...everybody figured that out by now. :P
Well, I hope they did. Otherwise I'm going to be rude and point and laugh. >_>

Rep:
Level 96
I'll help!

Rep:
Level 89
Yay!

I think I've had way too much sugar today. I've never been this energetic/giggly/weird in a long time.

Rep:
Level 96
Heh. I got like that once, but people got sick of it REEEEAL fast.

Rep:
Level 89
You were only like that once? I used to be like that in school all the time. I must have been so annoying!

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
O-kay, the image name is REALLY mispelled on the event, and the game crashes. Was able to play on from there.
 But the savefile overwrite crash continues - i have to manually delete the saves if i ever hope to save beyond 8 slots!
 About the Game.EXE overwrite:
Mmm... overwriting the original GAME.EXE with an game.exe from my RMXP makes it work, but then the opening screens crashes because of that SAME image mispelling... and i didn't find the opening script that defines it.
I need some real WORKING AVI script in RMXP!
3D ANIMATIONS:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Ericmor
3D and 2D anime ART:
http://ericmor.deviantart.com/gallery/

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
If you open the script editor after getting the error, it should take you directly to where the error took place.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I should probably get around to actually testing this.

Rep:
Level 89
O-kay, the image name is REALLY mispelled on the event, and the game crashes. Was able to play on from there.
 But the savefile overwrite crash continues - i have to manually delete the saves if i ever hope to save beyond 8 slots!
Mmm... overwriting the original GAME.EXE with an game.exe from my RMXP makes it work, but then the opening screens crashes because of that SAME image mispelling... and i didn't find the opening script that defines it.
How come you seem to be having so many problems? I've had...a few but none of them took me more than 5 minutes to fix.
And you're still having problems with the save, and that one Nemesis title image?

<3
Rep:
Level 90
You guyz mgith also wanna edit the "Gold Crash" common event, the transition isn't there (well for first version of the demo, if its been fixed I'll hid in my little corner here...).

~Winged

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
How come you seem to be having so many problems? I've had...a few but none of them took me more than 5 minutes to fix.
And you're still having problems with the save, and that one Nemesis title image?

...Make a new project on your RMXP. Take the game.exe, and overwrite Blizzard's .exe. Now, WITH RMXP EDITOR CLOSED, try to run the game.
 If it works:
 -During the first part of the game, try to save your game on top of another saved slot, instead of an empty one.

If you open the script editor after getting the error, it should take you directly to where the error took place.
- NOT if you are NOT running from RMXP editor - the intro error happens only when you run the game.exe, with the EDITOR CLOSED. Actually, the game.exe has a full intro, differently from running the game from inside the editor. Try it, see what i mean.
 Blizzard found a way to skip the intro if you are in test mode, so we don't see the intro inside the RMXP editor.

3D ANIMATIONS:
3D and 2D anime ART:

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Stop the testing for now. I´ll upload a fixed beta version tomorrow. You won´t experience the resources errors anymore. It happens, because I used non-ASCII characters in the resource names.

@Ericmor: Can you tell me where the "Fonts" folder in you WINNT folder is?

BTW to skip something in the editor mode, just use the $DEBUG flag inside the scripts. It´s ALWAYS true if you start the game from within the editor.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 02:03:13 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Right, Blizzard: My windows Fonts directory is...

C:\WINNT\Fonts

...i think your game actually found the directory - the structure should be the same for all win2000 versions - so the crash, teorically, shouldn't happen... or so i think, since it happened anyway  :P
3D ANIMATIONS:
3D and 2D anime ART:

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Ok, I PMed everybody of you the new version of the game. I checked the resource names and now all of them only include ASCII character, so there should be no problems like before. The font installer will now try to install the font files only once. If it crashes, it will not try to install the fonts again, except you delete the Settings.bcx file in the Saves folder.
Four more things:

1. If you go beyond the Final Demo, you will get the next mode unlocked when you enter the Warp Portal in the Tower of Memories.
2. Test Absorb HP/MP abilities and the Relecting status effect as much as you can. They aren't buggin, but sometimes they glitch and those are hard to identify and to find, since they have a quite random pattern.
3. You can use your savegame from the other beta without problems. ;)
4. There are several "unfinished things" beyond the Final Demo like a wrong background in the Ice Temple, no seperate skill set for Siegfried (he uses Leximus' for now) etc.
Visit our website.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I found an error in your mapping from the last beta, but I'll check in the new one and I'm gonna tell ya if any bugs from the previous beta pops up again...*YAWN* I need some sleep...also here is a question, are you ment to lose some HP and MP when you teleport?

~Winged

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Yes. That´s what I meant with "But careful! Teleporting will exhaust your party." So it makes no sense to teleport to a previous town, stay at the inn (because it´s cheaper) and teleport back. =P
All characters lose 50% of their max MP and their left HP will be divided by 3, but they can´t die.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks Blizzard. I'll get back to this testing again now. :P

Actually...it says the archive is either in an unknown format or damaged. So, hm.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 05:45:20 PM by Pixie »

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Wonderfull work, Blizzard! This one is so well fixed that i'm actually playing directly from the game.exe, i didn't even opened RMXP!
 One minor bug, thought: i only got two crashes when i first runned the game - one was the Font installer (as you mentioned, it crashes once and then runs normally), and the other was the lack of the standard MIDI BGMs from RTP - i copyed them to the audio/BGM folder, and everthing went out OK. It seem's there's a bug between RTP versions or something - better copy all data to the release folders.
----------------- COMENT:
 Yes, is kinda dangerous- in my opinion - to depend of the RTP packs when releasing a game - people fell anoiyed to download a strange pack from a place to make a game run - so maybe is better to copy ALL files from RPMXP data to the game release folder.
 Mmm... i remember trying to do that -  i copyied everething inside a test game folder, copressed it, them deleted the RTP pack from windows - and the game complained of the lack of the RTP the same way. Maybe i didn't copyied everthing? Or any RPMXP game checks for the existence of a register key, or something, left by the RTP instalation?
 I need to check on that.
3D ANIMATIONS:
3D and 2D anime ART:

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I removed the RTP BGMs on purpose (because of the size). I thought I already fixed that. I guess there was the one or another BGM still in the game. =/
Ok, if anybody has problems, just copy the RTP BGMs into the BGM folder of the game.

@Ericmor: Did the font installer warn you that it may crash? I put some code in it that is supposed to warn the user if his %SystemRoot% folder is WINNT.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
In the very first time i've runned the game, the message appeared warning me that the game found problems with the font installer, then Crashed!
 After this first time, every time i run the game the message appears - but it doesn't crash, the game runs smoothly.
3D ANIMATIONS:
3D and 2D anime ART:

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I see. I will fix that later. It will only show it the first time. Did you install the fonts manually BTW?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 02:28:08 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
That's the funny part - they where there all the time! It complains about a Tahoma.ttf that's right there - thence my confusion. Maybe is another ASCII mispelling error or something?
 Maybe the font is named differently on my machine? Mmm... also, since the very first crash, i felt that your code FOUND the right windows directory - "WINNT" is a name i came up with during windows install (after reinstalling 345 times the operational system after crashes, you do something like that), so hardly anyone else will be using it.
 The crash text POINTED the right directory, without pointing the existence of an existing font, if i remember correctly.  :'(
3D ANIMATIONS:
3D and 2D anime ART:

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Since Tahoma, Arial and Times New Roman are standard fonts in Windows I think I should remove them from the installer anyway.

Silly me forgot to remove a skill from Jason's initialization after hunting the reason for a very mean bug. Here are 3 update files. Like always, just extract them into the Data folder.

1.4b Update
Visit our website.

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
Alright I reviewed this game, and if your going to release this your going to have to give credits to the "exact" names of the producers of Ragnarok Online, Magic The Gathering, and any other companies of whom you ripped sprites from or else you will be in copyright infringement, even if you don't make a profit.
It's called fair use asshole. Yes, wether or not Blizzard's game falls under fair use or not is highly debatable, but if you want to go there then you're just being a fucking cock. Seriously, it's not like he is hurting anything or benefiting from it in anyways. If you're just trying to let him know, then it's all cool, but if you're calling him out that is simply malicious.

I'm just pointing it out, and you shouldn't go about harrassing someone for a simple "opinion", you might not know what will happen.
~Banned~