RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Does anyone play oblivion?

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Since i have bought oblivion its my favorite game its one of the best rpgs ever.
So what do you think?
Here are some usefull links for if you dont know what oblivion is.
Pc-Screenies->http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_pc_screens_01.htm
Xbox360-Screenies->http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_xbox360_screens_01.htm
Official-Trailer->http://static.bethsoft.com/OblivionTrailerDIVXHD.avi
InGame-Movie->http://stream.2003.02.garnierprojects.com/gammo/spotlight/2006/oblivion_spotlight.wmv

freakin sweet logged in 70 hours in my 360 version
Harman, the world won't change. All it does is turn. Now, let's dance.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I just uninstalled it last night. Got bored.

Rep:
Level 89
if you got bored from oblivion don't expect anybody to play ur games

if there isn't enuff depth in Oblivion to keep you busy how long is any game you ever make going to be?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 03:30:41 AM by thingy »
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician

if there isn't enuff depth in Oblivion to keep you busy how long is any game you ever make going to be?
Shut up. Just because someone doesn't lke a game you like doesn't mean you can get all pissy and melodramatic on them. Grow up or leave.

Also, your little theory has millions of holes in it. Super Mario Bros. has, like, no depth at all to it, and everybody loves it and can play it for hours. Depth of gameplay is not the only factor to take into account when it comes to how enjoyable a game is.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 03:43:56 AM by arlenreyb »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 89
Shut up. Just because someone doesn't lke a game you like doesn't mean you can get all pissy and melodramatic on them. Grow up or leave.

Also, your little theory has millions of holes in it. Super Mario Bros. has, like, no depth at all to it, and everybody loves it and can play it for hours. Depth of gameplay is not the only factor to take into account when it comes to how enjoyable a game is.
oblivion has hundreds of hours of game play and he said he got bored
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one

Rep:
Level 96
Guess what, thingy? Gilga here has something called an opinion. In his opinion, the hours of gameplay in Oblivion, though many, are BORING. If Oblivion's anything like Morrowind, it's probably chock full of hours where you just walk around aimlessly looking for something to do, steal, or kill. In other RPG games, the gameplay is linear and constantly moving. The storyling is constantly updating and moving forward. Battles are random and many, and at a much greater frequency than Morrowind or Oblivion.  In other games, like Devil May Cry, you're always running around in a fast-paced, real time brawl to the death. In Super Mario Bros, you're running and jumping and flying and riding Yoshis. If you seriously can't understand that some people prefer certain types of gameplay compared to others, then that's just sad.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 03:56:04 AM by arlenreyb »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
 :dog: =  Thingy?

Rep:
Level 89
Guess what, thingy? Gilga here has something called an opinion. In his opinion, the hours of gameplay in Oblivion, though many, are BORING. If Oblivion's anything like Morrowind, it's probably chock full of hours where you just walk around aimlessly looking for something to do, steal, or kill. In other RPG games, the gameplay is linear and constantly moving. The storyling is constantly updating and moving forward. Battles are random and many, and at a much greater frequency than Morrowind or Oblivion.  In other games, like Devil May Cry, you're always running around in a fast-paced, real time brawl to the death. In Super Mario Bros, you're running and jumping and flying and riding Yoshis. If you seriously can't understand that some people prefer certain types of gameplay compared to others, then that's just sad.
lol guess you don't know how to play a game like morrowind or oblivion properly without having to run around for hours.
and killing an entire town full of guards isn't constantly moving forward just cuz they constantly move to you

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Dude, stop posting in here, delete the topic or something.

You're being an ASS.

Rep:
Level 96
lol guess you don't know how to play a game like morrowind or oblivion properly without having to run around for hours.
and killing an entire town full of guards isn't constantly moving forward just cuz they constantly move to you
Actually, I love Morrowind, and can play it for hours. I have all the expansion packs, and always play with, like, 20 or 30 plugins that I downloaded off the internet to make the game even more involved and deep. But that doesn't mean I get all butthurt when someone says they were bored with the game. I can fully understand why they would get bored with Morrowind, unlike you. Some people just don't dig that kind of game. How can you not understand that? I'll say it again, so maybe this time you'll actually participate in the argument and offer a valid rebuttal to the point I'm making right now: How can you not understand that some people like certain things and don't like other things? Gilga's not saying Oblivion was a boring game, you ass, he's saying it was boring to him. TO HIM. But you had to go and take a personal shot at him out of fucking nowhere, you goddamn assface, just because he called a game you like boring. Grow up. Shut up. Get out. Unless you actually have a valid argument to present, in which case, by all means, post it and try to not make any more of an ass out of yourself than you already have.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 07:50:31 PM by arlenreyb »

My GW Character. Hes cool
Lets just put our different opinions aside for a moment and think. Oblivion may be big. Oblivion may be a beautiful looking game if you have a 360 or £400 to get a decent gfx card. Oblivion may have a fuck load of missions and other different things you can do. Oblivion may be 'infinitly' expandable due to the freely available Construction Set. But it has its drawbacks. The amount of glitches, the wooden voice acting, the fact that unless you have £300-400 you cant enjoy Oblivions graphics. Personally mine looks like morrowind bedause ive had to tweak the .ini file. this im not to bothered about that because i love elder scrolls games. But even i have got bored because te missions are to easy to complete because the enemies are 'scaled' to your level. Im sorry but if one man can defeat an entire army of demons who can take apart a city overnight thats just not realistic. especially if this man can be defeated by the gaurds who seem to be overwhelmed by the demons. but then again it is a fantasy game so maybe he has a +40 resistance to demons and a -50 resstance to gaurds. i dunno. but either way why have so mnany people got on this guys back about giving his OPINION.

Rep:
Level 96
....did you even read this thread? Because I don't think you know what's being discussed, here.

Since you said "so many people got on this guys back" you must be talking about Thingy, because only one person got on Gilga's back (and that would be Thingy) and a grand total of two people got on Thingy's back (and that would be myself, and arrowone), and I guess that's a lot of people, but anyway, HERE'S the reason all two of us are getting on Thingy's back:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 89
you can do things like that in any game

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I am pretty sure everything I could possibly say has already been said.

Oh, wait.

I have a love for fast and a addicting game play, as well as things that look cool and feel cool. As such, I try to bring this to anything I create. As you said, I am not satisfied with the depth of Oblivion. As such, why would I try to make a game that is anything like it? More crap is still crap. Don't get me wrong, Oblivion is a good game, but not one that I personally enjoy. Anything I make would go in a very different direction than Oblivion. It's rather silly to think I would copy something that I don't really like.

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
<3 oblivion though I havent played it in a while...

The custimability of the classes is awesome, and the gameplay is great, awesome graphics, and plenty of free roam.  One of the best rpgs imo.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."