RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[MISSING] Easy Party Switcher v1.7b

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
If I use the "must_be_in_party" command, the hero will be forced to stay in the party, sure enough.  But you are still able to change his order, within the current party.

Like say, we have.

HERO 1
HERO 2
HERO 3                     RESERVE
HERO 4

While it's true that Hero one is unable to go to the reserve... in the party switch screen, you can still reform the party so it is:

HERO 4
HERO 2
HERO 3                     RESERVE
HERO 1

And in this case, the sprite for Hero 4 will be walking around the game maps, and not Hero 1, as it is supposed to be.

I suppose I could just remove everybody and then just add back Hero 1, to force him into the first position, but that is a bit cumbersome to add in a few dozen times.

I'll just make due with what I can, if there is no simple script fix to lock that player in the first position.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Ah, I understand now. That's a good idea. I'll update the version next time and add the option to optionally enforce a position if the hero is "must_be_in_party". That's what you wanted, right?
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Would it be possible to make a hero have to be the leader? If it is then I overlooked it <_<;

EDIT: Did he just ask that? :D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 05:49:28 PM by Irockman1 »

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Nope. That's what I will add.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I didn't see him ask that. What a coincidence. ::)

Aye, that's exactly what I was looking for. :thumbsup:

And lol, about the second question.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
When I try allowing a character to be used... the game crashes... no error report or anything... it just stops working O_o Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I'm using the right syntaxes and all that... but it won't work ...
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I'll look into it.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Thanks ;) It might just be me being stupid as always =P

[EDIT]
Yep... it was... I forgot the 'return true' at the end of the call script >.<
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 11:36:39 AM by Rune »
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Uhh.

This'll be the first script I have used, so I need some help. I added the entire code to the script "Main", above everything else, then I made an event and added the call script like you said, and it says that it couldn't load the face graphic.

What did I do wrong?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I have typed out instructions in the header of the script. Just read them, I explained everything what you need to do in there.
Visit our website.

Well, last time I did the configurations and made an event that called the party switcher, it didn't work. I went back and looked at it, and found the error of my ways! I had done this: "FACESETS = true".

I had no face sets, lol. So I set it to false to make the sprites pop up.

Thanks man, this rocks!

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me

The new generation will go to the distance... Will the distance between us smallen?

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
You can find it on his site, check his sig
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
ok, thanks for the info

The new generation will go to the distance... Will the distance between us smallen?

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
would you also happen to know how big the portraits should be? mine are 96x96 now and theyre reaching outta the marker wich looks kinda stupid

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I'm not sure... it's a long time since I used this :D
Just keep making them smaller and smaller until they fit :)
Sincerely,
Your conscience.