RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game testers

Rep:
Level 88
Hello everyone,
I have seen many places on the internet about companies that pay you to test games. To get this information you usually need to pay a fee, but I'm worried about it being safe, or whether the information is legit with no other costs later down the track.
Does anyone know any of these companies?

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I'd suggest going and getting a proper job instead of wasting time trying to earn money online by doing surveys and affiliate schemes.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 88
Excuse me, but has it got anything to do with you? And if you had've read one of my earlier posts, I CAN'T WORK BECAUSE OF MY HEALTH!
 ::)

Rep:
Level 88
Well Mr. 18 year old who thinks he knows it all and has a proper job, I don't see you working a REAL JOB. All you ever seem to do is be in this forum mouthing off at everyone. Pity your parents and your teachers didn't teach you proper manners, or maybe you got kicked out of school because of your attitude.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I definately don't know it all and my job is most certaintly not proper.

You asked about some money-earning scheme and I gave my opinion :/
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 88
Actually, game testing isn't a money making scheme, it's a job! A J - O - B! :-\

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Yes, but it is very difficult to actually GET one over the internet. I suggest looking someone up (someone with connections) rather than this sort of thing. The information you might pay for is likely not of any value/validity, and a scam. Watch out for these things, they're made simply to prey on your interests.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Well Mr. 18 year old who thinks he knows it all and has a proper job, I don't see you working a REAL JOB. All you ever seem to do is be in this forum mouthing off at everyone. Pity your parents and your teachers didn't teach you proper manners, or maybe you got kicked out of school because of your attitude.
He;s not 18 he's either 19 or like 21 or so or maybe 20..
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
Maybe he should update his profile then, but in anycase he still
acts like a immature teenager.

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
and ur acting like a mouthy brat...you asked for OPINIONS and silver gave his opinion...

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
silver was giving you a suggestion to get a proper job not saying that he is perfect,cus no is perfect.maybe you should READ what he says PROPERLY next time

Rep:
Level 96
No, it's not a READING problem, per se, so much as a misunderstanding which lead to defensiveness. This flaming needs to end, so either AlwaysIdeas needs to apologize for being so quick to attacka fellow forum member, or this topic needs to be LOCKED.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
AlwaysIdeas is just very bad at handling negative critics.

I just don't see the point in behaving like that.
I mean. You close your eyes to the stuff you can't use and just focus on the negative part of the topic, so you don't get the information you wanted.
Besides that and getting angry you look like a fool to others.
It just seems so totally stupid to behave like that.

Now on to the topic. If they truly need you to pay for getting the job then it would not recommend it. I mean, why should you pay your employer for being able to work?
Chances are that you will be conned if you pay a fee to get work as a game tester. At least if you expect to get money from the work.

- Zeriab

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
You may always have ideas, but all of them suck.

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
You may always have ideas, but all of them suck.

lol...well thats putting it plain and simple hmm?

Rep:
Level 96
....BURN...No.

ICE BURN...

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
That was really unnecessary arrrowone.

Rep:
Level 96
Have I EVER done anything that could possibly be considered even close to neccessary?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Atomic LAWL
I'd suggest going and getting a proper job instead of wasting time trying to earn money online by doing surveys and affiliate schemes.

I tried the whole "survey" thing. Totally big scam, I earned a total of 4 bucks for two an a half hours... waste of time

Excuse me, but has it got anything to do with you? And if you had've read one of my earlier posts, I CAN'T WORK BECAUSE OF MY HEALTH!
 ::)

What exactly is your health problem? Besides if you're stuck home all day you might try and get into the whole development crowd. You know, learn some programming. I think the real question right now is why arn't you like totally leet when it comes to computers.

You really dont have room to talk crap about silver when it comes to doing nothing all day. Even if he doesn't do anything at least he is productive.

"Here begin the torments of Hell proper" -Danta's inferno

Rep:
Level 96
Amen, brother.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Atomic LAWL

"Here begin the torments of Hell proper" -Danta's inferno

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
From what I heard Game testers don't get paid much anyways. I mean all you do i play games. Yah that would be a dream job but to earn good bucks I'd say you have to do some work. If health is a issue then there is always those "Home" Jobs out there. I forget where I saw it but there was a ad for a job of orginizing appointments for doc's Office. You use a head set at home and then transfer the order to the office at the place where the doc is at. Anyways, thats what I call a job if you have to have one at home or anything. I think money is about working for it. I just say looking for a Game testing job isn't worth it  :-\