RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Nintendo Wii? Like it or hate it?

Rep:
Level 91
GIMP 2.3.18 bitches!
Personally I love the Wii.  I plan on getting the system for Christmas and some of the awesome games that will be coming out for it.  Great system, great company, great price.  I love it.

Discuss.
Go suck a lemon! lol

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Unless I have to use the remote I'll be using the normal GC controller for everything :/

Like I'm gonna wave a stick around for hours on end, or in bed, etc.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
I love it only for the reason of 2 games.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 88
I basicaly love the Wii in every aspect.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Atomic LAWL
I'm basicly waiting for three games from the Wii:
Zelda twilight Princess
Mario galaxy
Super Smash Brawl

I totally agree with silverline about the controller

"Here begin the torments of Hell proper" -Danta's inferno

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I cannot have feelings for something that isn't even out yet.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back! I gues...
The Wii looks cool, only the controllers suck
RPG Maker version: XP

Omfg, who gave me -1 rep? After all I done for you guys!

Recruiting for upcomming game ELVES

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
The Wii looks cool, only the controllers suck

you are a fucking retard. kthnxbi.  Wii pwns, controlls are the best part, and ps3 sucks.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
You're an equally retarded and totally biased nintento fanboy :/

I think the PS3 has a good chance. The PS3 costs more. It costs a hell of alot more to manufacture. Even at it's current price, sony will still lose money on it. Nintendo still has the image of being a kiddie console. All the adults I know that own consoles have PS2s.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Ps2 has more rated E games than GC.

Rep:
Level 102
Well no shit, the PS2 has absolutely loads more games than the GC in any category.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I might get a wiinis, but the wiiwii doesnt seem like it would fit, i.e.  shitty motion sensors. I mean I dont wanna wave my wii around if its not gonna do shit. Plus, its akward to tell your mom that you and your friend are gonna play tih your wii.

COCK JOKE

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
At least Nintendo is trying to do something new and different. Microsoft and Sony only push a lot of power in their consoles, but basically they still are the same as the last generation with little innovation.
"All you do is to walk around the house all day, inhaling groceries and popping out pudding!"

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
At least Nintendo is trying to do something new and different. Microsoft and Sony only push a lot of power in their consoles, but basically they still are the same as the last generation with little innovation.
TRUTH

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back! I gues...
They maybe try to be new, but the controllers really suck. Sony already tried a console with that kind of controllers, and it was so bad!

Have you tried it?  ;)
"All you do is to walk around the house all day, inhaling groceries and popping out pudding!"

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
They maybe try to be new, but the controllers really suck. Sony already tried a console with that kind of controllers, and it was so bad!
and what console was that, I would really like to know.

About everyone that has tried the new controller says it is fantastic, so I doubt that it sucks. Nintendo has always been one of the most innovative companies. It was Nintendo that first came with a gamepad with a little "joystick-nipple" on it. Everyone said that this would suck and had no future. As you may have noticed, about all gamepads that are made today have this "joystick-nipple" on them. Most even have two!  ;)

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I seriously hope that Wii doesn't allow people to use the GC controller for Wii games, at all. All you people complaining about how you don't want to hold a remote up forever, I have a piece of advice for you: Don't buy the Wii. There are two other consoles coming out, with normal two-handed controllers. Play one of them. The Wii will only be hampered by letting people use the GC controller, as it's then allowing any third-party publisher to port their crap titles onto the Wii. If people buy a Wii, it's because they want a whole new way to play games, and they want tons of innovative titles, not degraded ports.

I know what you're thinking too. "Hey look, it's just another Nintendo fanboy." Tell me, would a Nintendo fanboy sell his Gamecube after having it for only one year, so that he could buy an XBox? Nintendo crashed and burned with this last console of theirs, and bringing GC features to the Wii can only spell doom in the long run. I will buy a Wii eventually, I'm sure of it. Games like WarioWare, and Zelda, and even Cooking Mama, that use the controller for truly engaging gameplay, gets me more excited about gaming than I've been since I got my Super Nintendo 10 years ago.

I guess what I'm getting at here is, the Wii wasn't meant to be a hardcore system by any means. It's a simple, light, and fun system, and so using the remote to make things even simpler was one of the most genius moves Nintendo could ever make. When you're flipping through channels on the TV, you don't say "God this remote is annoying I wish I could change channels with my PS2 controller." Great things are about to happen for Nintendo, and I only hope they'll choose to go full circle and not use the GC controller except for GC games, so that in the end they'll have a machine that will truly stand alone in this "console war."

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Atomic LAWL
Check out this comic from penny arcade
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic

"Here begin the torments of Hell proper" -Danta's inferno

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Do I must repeat myself?!

Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 91
GIMP 2.3.18 bitches!
Why do so many people hate the Wii?  Is it the name or what?  I dunno but I agree on some of the piints made that were postive like about using the GC controller on it.  But we can't do anything about it.  Nintendo's choice.  What we CAN do is not actually play with the GC controller unless we really want to.  Like me i will use my Wii controller every chance I get.  But If the batteries die then i will have to use the GC contoller.  or just not play until new batteries are installed.  whatever.  more discussion!
Go suck a lemon! lol

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I hope the controller has a rechargeable battery in it. It'd suck to have to keep buying AAs for it.

Someone will probably make a rechargeable battery anyways... I really want the Wii, and besides, it's probably the one system that you'd get the most exercise out of!
I take userbar requests.  PM with text and image information!

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Well no shit, the PS2 has absolutely loads more games than the GC in any category.
Quoting this post so biohazard sees it again and is reminded of why he ignored it, and just to be safe I'll tell him why he ignored Silverline's post: Because Silverline fucking owned you, and you want to pretend like it never happened.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 07:26:10 PM by arlenreyb »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Biohazard's banned. Serves him right, he was being dooshy.

Rep:
Level 96

Rep:
Level 90
I have game maker's block PM me with game ideas.
Personally I love the Wii.  I plan on getting the system for Christmas and some of the awesome games that will be coming out for it.  Great system, great company, great price.  I love it.

Discuss.
Same here,i plan on getting it for christmas,with SSB Brawl and TWP
Major Project : Cliche Cronicles
Total: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Resources: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Script: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Voice Overs: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Currently: Planning

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Dooshy? That's a great word...

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
You may use it if you like, but make sure to credit me.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

Rep:
Level 96
Isn't this thing dead yet?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Only until biohazard learns how to not be a durp.

Rep:
Level 96
HEY KIDS, IT'S MISTER DERP! *thunk* OOPS! DEEHHHRP! Uh huhuhuHUHUH!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
South Park is kick ass.

Rep:
Level 96
FINALLY I make a recognizable reference! *DERP*

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Way to delete your post, Bio. Now it looks like I told myself to shut up.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
I love it  :D

Rep:
Level 96
I love it MORE.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I love it MORE.

Oh, you mean you love that here?

Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back! I gues...

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Blizzard, why do you keep posting that? It decreases in funny every time I see it, which is constantly.

Rep:
Level 96
yeah, it's old.

And seriously, wtf is the W doing there? That's kinda lame making a joke about the consoles name like that and just completely leaving out a letter. It basically twisting the truth to meet their own needs. It's like they're saying "LOL THE CONSOLES NAME IS ii IT LOOKS LIKE TWO PEOPLE HAVING SEX (just ignore the W and pretend it's called the "ii" instead of the "wii" truth be told we couldn't come up with anything funny regarding the W)

Lame.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
There was another version using the W. Lemme see if I can find it.

Rep:
Level 96
Phase WIi?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
In other words: Wii is getting old and this topic is getting old. I'm only going with the time.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 96
In after pitiful excuse.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
In after Blizzard's avatar again backfires.