RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
5 Favorite Video Games

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
This was a popular thread before the "crash", and now it seems it's gone.  :-\

So, pretty self-explainatory: What are your 5 favorite games of any console, and why?

(Not in any particular order):

1. Final Fantasy IX

A lot of people hate this game because they say it's just a complete rehash of the other eight, but they don't seem to understand that it's kind of the point...

While the storyline isn't anything incredible, it is good enough to keep me interested. The music is my favorite of the series, rivaling FF6, and there are plenty of side quests and whatnot to keep you occupied for quite a while.

2. Castlevania SOTN

I don't know why, but this has been one of my favorite games since I first played it. Good gameplay, good music, Dracula, Alucard... what more do you need?

3. Final Fantasy Tactics

I remember I bought this the day it came out, but the funny thing is, I had no idea it was even being made. It was pure luck that I got it then. I also remember I was the only one out of my friends that played Final Fantasy games that liked it, until it became almost popular to like this game among the FF community.

4. Final Fantasy VI

Even though it's pretty boring to play now, it still remains one of my favorites do to the pure fact that I spent countless hours playing it as a child.

5. Resident Evil 4

Simply because at the moment I cannot think of another game I like more than this. I may change this one sometime, although it is still a great game I think.
:tinysmile:

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Well, I can't remember my list last time, but I imagine this is going to be a bit different, since my feelings on certain games can be quite variable.

1. Shenmue (and Shenmue 2)

What can I say about Shenmue? There has never been anything like it, and probably never will be. I had to give alot of thought to what my NUMBER ONE game would be, and in the end it has to be this. Shenmue has an awesome story, and the gameplay is very innovative. If you haven't played it you really should. If you have, well, I think you can figure out why it is my favorite.

2. Guardian Heroes

This is a sort of side scrolling beat 'em up for the Sega Saturn, however there are a few twists. You can use the L and R buttons to hop back and forth between rows, which allows you to do more complex fighter-esque moves, since it frees up the up and down buttons. It also mixes in RPG elements with exp, level ups, and stats that effect how your charater plays, and magic. There are also like a billion different story paths, which adds replay value+++. Overall, the game is just really fun.

3. Landstalker

Many people have called this game a Zelda clone, but in my opinion it is much better than Zelda has ever been. For starters, the game uses an isometric perspective, allowing for complex platforming puzzles. The plot is solid, but nothing groudbreaking. You basically play a treasure hunter, seaching the island the game takes place on for a legendary stash of treasure. Landstalker is just a classic and great game. I ussually find myself replaying it at least once a year.

4. Der Langrisser

This is a japanese SRPG for the SNES that was never translated/released anywhere else. I first played Warsong, for the Sega Genesis, and then found my way to this game. In Der Langrisser you have your main characters who level up and change class and such like in most other SRPGs. However, these characters are sort of "commanders." Each of them can hire units(limited by the character, though the max number is 6) to fight along side them. These units get stat bonuses if they are within a certain range of their commander, and any exp they get goes straight to their commander. The storyline is interesting as well, in that there are several different main paths you can take, and several smaller branches from there. What path you take depends on some of your action during the game. There is lots of conversation during the battles as well, which keeps things interesting.

5. Shining Force 2

It was actually a bit of a toss up between this and Phantom Brave. In the end, I decided I prefer this SRPG classic. Shining Force 2 doesn't bring anything special or unique to the table, as far as SRPGs are concerned, but simple gameplay isn't always a bad thing. Few games have been able to instill such a sense of adventure in me. Perhaps it is the game's music, or traveling all over to different places, but the game really feels like an adventure to me. I've always loved this game, it is alot of fun.

Honorable mentions:

FFT
Well, Halo listed this one. I listed it last time, at number one I think. FFT is a great game, but I've played it so many times it just isn't that fun for me anymore.

Phantasy Star 4
I'm not very big on traditional style RPGs, however I really love the style and story of this game.

Legend of Mana
Another fantastic game. I wish I could have put all of these on my list. Legend of Mana is another great game for those who want some adventure. I also love how open ended it is.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 05:04:27 AM by GilgameshRO »

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
my 5 best games would have to be:

Resident Evil 4:
This game has good graphics and a good story line,it isnt like the rest when a virus is unleashed and the zombies just try getting you but set in a completely new place.

Star Ocean 3:
I really liked the gameplay and my character AlbelNox(he rules!)its a recommended game

Tales Of Symphonia:
I dont need to tell you,you should obviously spot what i like :P

Final Fantasy 10:
i liked it,it had a good system and i liked the way instead of levels you got points for the grid.

Final Fantasy 9:
In my opinion one of the best final fantasys.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
1. Kingdom Hearts Series- Awesome Characters, I mean, the people who dont have feelings, are so much like us
2. Phantom Brave- This game is the shit
3. Megaman Legends-Megaman in 3d, this game definately has the best battle system ever.
4. Oblivion-Do I have to say anything?
5. Magic Pengel- Wow, this game is sex in a can, you draw monsters to fight for you, pure awesome baby
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 10:37:10 PM by Dr_Swordopolis »

Rep:
Level 88
I R 3V1L!!111!!1
1st.... is ummmmm i dunno if you go FPS wise it would be Doom. but if it is normal.. it would be the zelda series.
2nd metroid and mario series.

acually i dunno... they are all good!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
This list subject to being created by an incredibly fickle person.

1. Armored Core: Last Raven
2. Ace Combat 0
3. F-Zero GX
4. Guilty Gear X2
5. Mega Man X

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
This list subject to being created by an incredibly fickle person.

1. Armored Core: Last Raven
2. Ace Combat 0
3. F-Zero GX
4. Guilty Gear X2
5. Mega Man X

guilty gear good choice :P

Rep:
Level 96
Woulda been higher up, but Isuka failed, and I need another game from them.

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
oh thats not good lol :|

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Isuka is so horrible. :(

I was like. lol guilty gears it must be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! *buys*

...FUCK I JUST WASTED FIFTY BUCKS

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
RE4
RE2
RE1
RE0
SSBM.

Rep:
Level 96
I KINDA liked the Final Fight style mode, but it ended up being suck...

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
3. Landstalker

Many people have called this game a Zelda clone, but in my opinion it is much better than Zelda has ever been. For starters, the game uses an isometric perspective, allowing for complex platforming puzzles. The plot is solid, but nothing groudbreaking. You basically play a treasure hunter, seaching the island the game takes place on for a legendary stash of treasure. Landstalker is just a classic and great game. I ussually find myself replaying it at least once a year.

Nigel, accompanied by Friday, makes a cameo appearance as a playable character in the Dreamcast RPG, Time Stalkers (published by Sega and Climax... actually, its Japanese title is "Climax Landers").  Also appearing in this game are Pyra (from the first game in the Shining Force series, Shining in the Darkness), a beastman named Rao (beastmen are also typical of the Shining Force universe), and Yogurt (who requires no specific explanation ;))

There's Nigel all the way at the bottom left, and Friday picking a fight with Lady (who I know is also a character from another game, but I don't know what it's called), and Pyra at the very top (with the pink hair).  Rao (the lion/bear/guy/thing) is easy enough to pick out on your own.  And, of course, at the far right is the beloved Yogurt.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Damn these threads. I can't narrow it down to five.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I hear ya, man.  That's why I haven't posted my favorite games.

You know what's even harder?  When people ask "What's your favorite video game?"  I can't pick just one!  Are you mad?!

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
1. Kingdom Hearts II
2. Devil May Cry 3
3. Kingdom Hearts
4. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
5. Naruto: Clash of Ninja 4

Tales of Symphonia, Legendia, and Phantasia come at a close 6, 7, & 8.
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Mr. Gibbs, you may throw my hat if you'd like.
Gibbs: Hooray! *throws hat*
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Now go and get it.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
ewwww Tales of Phantasia, that game sucked ass.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
Yeah, but when you live down here in Sydney, you don't see much of the better games.

Rep:
Level 96
Legendia made my heart sad...

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
Like I said, we don't get much down here. *sigh* Though, I did raise enough to buy a FF pack. 7, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, X, & X-2. I hope to get them sometime in the next couple a weeks.

Rep:
Level 96
And to think I was getting impatient waiting on GAMEFLY...They only make you wait a couple of DAYS.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
There's Nigel all the way at the bottom left, and Friday picking a fight with Lady (who I know is also a character from another game, but I don't know what it's called)
Lady is probably from Ladystalker =*

Also, I want to play that game so bad. :(

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
*shrugs* I dunno what Gamefly is, mate.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
http://gamefly.com/

Online video game rentals. Dunno if they ship the games down under, but you can check and see.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
There's Nigel all the way at the bottom left, and Friday picking a fight with Lady (who I know is also a character from another game, but I don't know what it's called)
Lady is probably from Ladystalker =*

Also, I want to play that game so bad. :(

It's an awesome game.  Incredible soundtrack.  The awesome thing is that Nigel is probably the best character to play as. ;)

Rep:
Level 92
One by one, the penguins steal my sanity...
1. The legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Resident Evil 4
3. Kingdom Hearts II
4. Super Smash Bros. Melee
5. Halo 2

(I'm not going to be here for very long. This may be my last post ever here.)
DEATH: Master of Time, your life is at it's end! Mwahahahaha!
MOT: Whatever, dude *throws crumpled piece of paper at Death and runs away*
DEATH:....?

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
well, my favourite games are... *dream-like fading*

1- final fantasy 7 - PC
do you need an explanation? it's the best game ever.

2- metal gear solid 1 - PC
it's quite simple, maybe because i play it every 2 months... it has a very good storyline, good graphics (the GC version is just amazing), intuitive gameplay, and a lot of unlockables, cheats, and other stuff...

3- resident evil 4 - GC
because it really scares me sometimes, and it's the only thing that can do that.

4- prince of persia saga - PC
it's similar to tomb raider, but very much better... shocking moves, amamzing graphics. the two thrones has an innovative gameplay because of the "silent kill" (or something like that)...

5- medal of honor allied assault - PC
ok, it was a good game when it came out, now it's old... but i still play it online, like thousands of other people... just luck? i don't think so.

i would have written more but i can't... i don't spaek english. ahuahuahuahuahauh... LoL... ;D

Rep:
Level 96
Any Legend of Dragoon fans here?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Legend of Dragoon is pretty awesome.

Rep:
Level 96
Combo System = Sexiness Infinito

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Ahh, let's see if I can think of five of my favorite games.

Ogre Battle 64
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Magi-Nation

...um, I can only think of those three, which I consider superior over my many, many other favorite games.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
its to tough to choose!
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Yossy, you forgot Princess Maker 2. O_~

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Yeah thats a great game, it would be 4 if i thought up a good list..or 5...
Arlen is hot.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Haha, Princess Maker 2 would go on my very expansive list of "Rocks My Socks Awesome Games," but not quite make it to my list of "Ridiculously Superior Awesome Games of Total Unlimited Rocking," which were the three games I listed.

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
lol so you have different categorys? xD

i would have to say

1st:.hack series(i love this game ^^)
2nd:Kingdom Hearts(next week no 2!!!!)
3rd:Resident Evil 4

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Yessss... I have different categories...

In my "Games that are Really Sucky but I Like them Anyway" are Mystic Heroes and Sonic Adventure 2.  ;D

pokeball DoxOfflineMale
Banned
Rep:
Level 88
RMRK Forum Idiot aka Blaze
1) The Legend of Zelda SERIES
2) Metal Gear Solid SERIES
3) .Dot Hack SERIES
4) Resident Evil 4
5) Inverto Rex  (A game being made in the future)
Being a "Legend" isn't always a good thing... I'm a legend for the wrong reason... maybe I can change it all... If I give it all one last shot.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
5) Inverto Rex  (A game being made in the future)

Just reading this made me laugh so freaking hard.  A game being made in the future!!  I know you meant it's a future release, but I guess the way you worded it implied you have telepathic game-release-date-knowing powers. :P

Rep:
Level 96
Thank you future! Ah the future. Never lets me down.

...That's an outright LIE. But oh well.