RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What were you doing 5 years ago when the WTC went down?

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I'd been out with a friend, I came back and my brother showed it me on the news. Neither tower had fallen when I came in, I watched them both go down.

The first thing I said was "wtf asbestos" at the gigantic smoke, I think I even took a light view on it at first, but then I started to realise just exactly what I'd witnessed and kinda went quiet, biting my lip.

Where were you, how did you react, and how do you feel about it now? For members in foreign countries, was the reaction towards Americans as overwhelmingly positive in foreign countries as the average 9/11 retrospective leads us to believe?
bringing sexy back

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I really don't remember. Probably something very lazy. I didn't hear about the towers till next day.

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
apparantly(in my country,dunno if its true) but some people believe a completely new theory,that bombs were placed at the bottem of the towers because the plane should of knocked it to the left not completely down,but i was in school when it happened :| and everyone was quite shocked

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I was in class, and we rolled in a TV and watched it on the news right as it happened.

But honestly, and perhaps a little cruely, I didn't really react all that strongly. Like it was just a movie or something. Eh, maybe I'm just too detatched from reality or something, or maybe it's just because it was 5 years ago, and a lot happened in those 5 years.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I was in school, and we just watched it all day.

It's been 5 years, I think it's time for us to get over it.  ::) We're lucky it's been 5 years SINCE something like this has happened, whereas it happens much more often in other countries.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I AGREE! CNN Needs to stop capitalizing on terrorism! They show you how to get in and make the bombs! ARUGH!

I was on a field trip to Cahokia Mounds, I enjoyed myself there. It was about lunchtime when it happened, I found out because one of the chaperones recieved a related phone call.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I was sitting next to the phone, and the teacher started crying when she got the call.
I was in 3rd grade so I didnt know wtf the WTC was.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I was getting ready for school and my mom called me into the living room. I watched them collapse but at the time I didn't really understand what that meant.

Of course, when I heard the stock market crashed the day after, I urged my parents to buy a bunch. They didn't listen =*

Rep:
Level 96
DAMN, why didn't I think of that?!

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Because you are The Archdiocese of Fail, and not a brilliant business mind like me.

Rep:
Level 96
You have a point...

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It was 6th grade, I think, and I was in my English class when the teacher passed out a note explaining the terrorist attack. I was like "...okay?" at first, wondering why I should care. Then I saw the footage, and as horrible as it sounds, I didn't care. Like, at all. In fact, I got pretty annoyed at how much attention it was getting. I still don't care very much. I'm a horrible man.

Rep:
Level 96
No your not, I have trouble caring as well. I don't think it's our fault, I think it's because of the way we were introduced to the situation. I take a rather cynical sort of view on these kinds of things in the first place, and tihs was no exception.

A lot of people think, "Oh no and they did it for no good reason!"

I on the other hand think, "Looks like Saddam has finally retaliated for Desert Fox."

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Senoir year of hihschool,  In the middle of math class when they rushed ina TV. I saw the second plane hit, And all I though was, 'the middle east id going to be  a crater'. I just stood there saying nothing and just kept thinking that.

Rep:
Level 96
I'm not certain that you are incorrect, Fu. If we get all of the resourcees we need, and this shit is still going down, they will probably just get swept under the rug...

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I was asleep when they attacked. My Dad had been working a night duty and saw it on TV. When he got home he rushed into my bedroom and woke me up and Said america has been attacked. I imediatly thought it was like people have dropped a bomb. Literally. Then we turned it on and watched it till they were down and then my parents sent me to school and we talked about it all day.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
it was night for me so i must eating/sleeping, if it was evening i mustve been...playing or something
Arlen is hot.

pokeball DoxOfflineMale
Banned
Rep:
Level 88
RMRK Forum Idiot aka Blaze
I was at school... then someones parent came from my class and picked up her/his child... then everyone started leaving one by one... next thing you know my step dad comes and picks me up... I was wondering what happened... when I went home I saw the news. I saw what happened...
Being a "Legend" isn't always a good thing... I'm a legend for the wrong reason... maybe I can change it all... If I give it all one last shot.

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
I was at school... then someones parent came from my class and picked up her/his child... then everyone started leaving one by one... next thing you know my step dad comes and picks me up... I was wondering what happened... when I went home I saw the news. I saw what happened...

so my theory about black kids having step fathers is true im such a fighta woo woo

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I was in class when it happened. *counts* I was in the 4th grade when it happened. I came home after a crappy day (no one told us anything) and was talking about how I hated my life. My step-mom was on the couch - crying. I figured she was just having a bad day two and sort of listened absant mindedly as she told me what happened. I just nodded my head figuring this was a history lesson that meant a lot to her. It wasn't until about a week later that I actually realized something had happened.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I was sleeping... with somebody... not really... only sleeping... really...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 04:35:34 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
You were getting some while I had to deal with the idoits at my highschool........ You lucky bastard!

Rep:
Level 89
A rittle much...? Or not nearry enough!?
I was getting ready for school. Yay. What fun. Then at school we got to watch the news all day.

A lot of people were laughing because they thought the American's deserved it, but I think that's pretty harsh. -_-;

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
I was sleeping... I think... okay, they came down around 7 am there, right? Or 6? Well, I'm 15/16 hours ahead... so I think I woulda been in bed?
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Mr. Gibbs, you may throw my hat if you'd like.
Gibbs: Hooray! *throws hat*
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Now go and get it.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I was like... eight....

I was at school, when I came home....

I was so pissed off! Just because I couldn't watch Pokemon :D!