RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What OS do you use?

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
its true no ones does write viruses for mac or linux because not many people do use those computers,i myself like macs :)

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Okay, fess up. Who deleted my post?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Windows XP here.

I wish i was using Win 95... It was the best version of windows.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
If you're going to use a pre-XP version I'd suggest go for Windows 2000 definately. or at least 98SE. 2000 Is miles better as for stability thanks to them switching to the NT kernel.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
95 is definitely NOT the best version in terms of features and freedoms, but if that's your preference then so be it. It's definitely simpler than XP, I'll give you that.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
XP is complex you say?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
No, I said 95 was simpler.

Rep:
Level 96
HMMINTERESTING!

And I am fairly adept with either, and have difficulty telling the differece. Would you mind elaborating?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

Rep:
Level 96

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Micro$hit Windoze XP with a Windoze CeMeNT boot screen.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
:)
my vista has had no virus or error at all. Playing elder scrolls, using the net, using object dock, nothing.
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer
Why am I 'training wheels'??

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Am I supposed to be surprised that your computer is doing what you're telling it to do
bringing sexy back

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
no ive juast not had any problems with vista. thats kinda what i said.
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I'm not making the jump to Vista just yet. My computer can barely handle XP, and with a dialup connection I'm hardly in any danger of getting hacked or something.

Rep:
Level 96
Where can I learn more of this...Vista?

Rep:
Level 102
Probably wikipedia.

I imagine lots of computer users who know what they're doing are going to stay on XP. Windows Vista has DRM built in from the ground up and they're trying to move away from the GDI method of drawing the screen (so basically any program that skins itself won't work on vista until it's updated for it).

Aero requires a hell of alot more CPU and RAM than say Windowblinds 5 / WindowFX emulating it.

Maybe once people start to release patches etc I'll try it out.
bringing sexy back

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
My computers pretty good i think. I also have good Directx (not that it matters) cos I bought a game, installed the dx and took it back. I dont like pc games that much.
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
I couldnt get SP2. A virus deleted a nessary(??) windows module.
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

Rep:
Level 88
What a waste of paper...
Demon X uses Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition with a lovely Vista theme, plus Glass2k. My XP does everything Vista does now, so I will not be purchasing it. Eat that, Microsoft!

The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
oooo ouch! media center! heard some bad stories of that.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
What a waste of paper...
Not everything is true...

MCE is great, although I admit I spend too much time developing to give a damn...

The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

Rep:
Level 102
lol media center edition.

Also, um, it might do everything apart from the most important thing; work with DirectX 10?
bringing sexy back

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
to anyone who will buy vista

Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun