RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Letter by Letter Message Window

Rep:
Level 86
It won't let me proceed on to another message. I make a message and it's shown, but when I press enter to go to the next message it doesn't let me and it stays on that message.

Also I have skip = true and it won't let me skip.
==-+-==ACTIVE PROJECT==-+-==
          Kingdom of Warfare I

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Alright. So I've copied the script as Game_Message and I've deleted the SDK lines. I keep getting the message (in bold):

????? 'Game_Message' ? 130 ??? TypeError ????????

undefined superclass `Window_Selectable'

Is there a script I need to change or just something simple like the name?

Usually scripts are no problem for me, but this one is tricky..

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Great script slipknot!!!!!!
I have one question
Is there a way to set the transparency of an image, so the background is not displayed
-an example of this might be one of your other text scripts, where you had Richter display with transparency

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Onward to failure! March you heathens, MARCH!
Alright. So I've copied the script as Game_Message and I've deleted the SDK lines. I keep getting the message (in bold):

????? 'Game_Message' ? 130 ??? TypeError ????????

undefined superclass `Window_Selectable'

Is there a script I need to change or just something simple like the name?

Usually scripts are no problem for me, but this one is tricky..
This is my problem as well. It happened after I deleted the SDK lines.
The biggest mistake of RMRK since 2009...
~Darkblast

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Onward to failure! March you heathens, MARCH!
Nevermind, I got it working. I didn't realise you wanted us to actually put it right in front of Main. After I did that it worked fine.
The biggest mistake of RMRK since 2009...
~Darkblast

Rep:
Level 83
Well, I bet this is a stupid question and I desperately hope I don't get in trouble for it but...

How to download this script's demo?

The download links in the first post appear to be dead, I can't find any others scanning through the thread, and Google-ing for the script merely turns up places that have copy-pastes of the first post, dead links and all.

I suppose the question is: Can anyone provide a working link to the demo file again?

While I realise the script proper is still in the first post, with my inexperience, it seems like suicide trying to use the script without its instructions.

Rep:
Level 83
Scripts fine and all but is there a way you can shut off letter by letter by means of text box?
and i tired to see if you did that in the demo but link says that its not available to my area.

i do like your script tho its simple, AMS is a little confusing too much stuff
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Let the Waters Rise!
I'd like a demo of this, but both links are dead. Can you resubmit or email it to me?

EDIT: On second thought, PM me or post a complete list of commands.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 09:23:06 AM by Imacuser223 »

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Hey, this is an awesome script. But I'm wondering if it is possible to use the key "H" to close out or continue in the message box. It's using "ENTER" instead. I looked through the script and couldn't find anything. any suggestions?

pokeball NoxOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 80
RMRK Junior
First of all, I love the script, but I have a question or two...

Is there any way to decrease the padding on the message box?

Spoiler for Screenshot:

As seen in the screenshot (with white border added to the face png to better see where the edges are), the text starts out in the middle, which works ok when it's just one line, but with two it looks just weird. IMO, it's better to have it start near the top, since that looks ok with both one- and two-liners. Same with the face; the space above and to the left of it is far too much; I could easily decrease it by ten pixels each. (Also, that way the window wouldn't have to be huge to avoid cropping of the bottom of the image.)

I've been fiddling around with various numbers, but I don't seem to have found the one that controls that part =( Admittedly, it's pretty much the first time I'm looking at this scripting language, so I might be overlooking something totally obvious, but if anyone could help me out it'd be awesome.

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
What part of the script controls the speed of the letters?

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Somewhere around line 45.