RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Spriting From Begining to End

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Ok this is more of a class than a tutorial since ill be updating it every two days. Well anyways lets get started with our first lesson

This is your first lesson. Today we will be learning basic shapes and shading. First draw a circle an oval and a square.

Ok, now determine where your light source will be.

Now choose a basic color for your shapes.

Now, depending on the postion  the outline of the shade

Now, Fill in both shades except for the square. for the square, were going to fill in the top part with the shade and the bottom part with an even darker shade. This is because its not receiving any light directly, but in a indirect way. Such as when behind a building, its still bright, but its darker.

Ok, its not perfect, but it will help you later on, be sure to show me your works in your comments. Ill post the next one in two days.

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
thanks for this,now i can learn more about spriting :)

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
keep it up! ill be checking it every 2 days!

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
It's been like 4 days, LOL
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Oh woops, I made the tut but forgot to put it on, one second