RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
IMPORTANT

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Quote from: Silverline
Ok the CPU usage hasn't gone done at all, it's actually increasing as more people discover crankeye.com is back up again. I'm STILL confused; the forums AREN'T the main reason, it must be one of crank's resource scripts at the main site or his main site itself (for which he used PHP just for the sake of it being PHP -_-). THe forums still play a part in it at least, and hosting them sepereatly could make things continuable.

But either way, at this rate, crankeye.com IS going to be suspended or go down.

ANSWER POLL QUESTION PLX. There's a few possible outcomes.

~ Westfield owns a VPS (Virtual Private Server, basically 1 step below dedicated server) that he's willing to offer use of, clearly the obvious answer, though EEEEE. It might not be possible to move the forums there, only start fresh. http://forums.crankeye.com is hosted there, but the mySQL over there is having none of it in regards to taking the data from the current (this forum's) database.

~ DONATION DRIVE LOL for new hosting that can actually accomodate crankeye.com. I pay for the hosting for crankeye.com as it is now, though with everything else I'm already hosting + crankeye.com, it's quite a STRAIN, and I'm looking at possible suspension, which is never good. I can't just move crankeye somewhere else without him, as he has all control over his domain, and I'd need him to set it to point to wherever the new hosting might be.

~ Nothing is done and crankeye dies again.

Questions / Comments please etc ~ retarded spam posts will be deleted
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 08:36:51 PM by Silverline »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
things are already this bad? if so i think we should start new,since you guys lost quite a bit so we might as well start from fresh in my opinion

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
we should start from fresh, but, all of the scripts and such will go bye bye, so im going to copy every important script or tutorial and save them.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Eh, you could easily keep this board up somewhere, just in read only mode for reference or something.

Stats on crankeye.com ~

Since it came up the CPU usage of just crankeye.com has averaged around 13% cpu of the entire server, which along with all my other stuff is definately more than my fair share. Averaging out to the end of the month from the past few days crank's been up, the bandwidth usage would be around 300/400Gb. This is going to drop though, crank was hotlinked more than dwarra's anus though now his files are protected.
bringing sexy back

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
In whatever form crankeye takes, I'll still be here. I don't know much about this kind of thing, but I'll support whatever needs to be done to keep it alive.

Rep:
Level 102
Well first off, crankeye's resources scripts are freaking RETARDED, they generate thumbnails EACH AND EVERY TIME they're loaded, instead of generating them ONCE and then saving the thumbnails somewhere -_-

So I've moved all his resources/scripts for them offsite and updated the links on his resources page at the main site to point to the new URL.

Again it's another 36 hour waiting game until the CPU usage logs update ;-;
bringing sexy back

Dark_Prince - Pegasus Saga
Rep:
Level 92
I still see there's problems with the site.  If crankeye has to do something, then he should start fresh.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
WEll, 100% to start fresh so we dont need to debate and get on action directly
Arlen is hot.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
We'll have to start fresh, there isn't any other option.

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
when will the action be taken?

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
This is terrible.

Rep:
Level 102
Ok since moving the resources (notably the scripts) offsite, the cpu is as follows: ~

Code: [Select]
Process               CPU seconds      user   machine   count  average
php.cgi                 1271.9300   97.812%    5.300%   12720    0.100
host                      27.7100    2.131%    0.115%     488    0.057
sendmail                   0.5000    0.038%    0.002%       8    0.062
postdrop                   0.2400    0.018%    0.001%       8    0.030
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Total:                  1300.3800  100.000%    5.418%   13224
Average per day:        1300.3800    1 days
CPU percentage assumes 24000 cpu seconds per day total.

So round that to 22 CPU mins/day, IN OTHER WORDS, OK.
bringing sexy back

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
So we won't have to start fresh?

Dark_Prince - Pegasus Saga
Rep:
Level 92
That's good news indeed.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
 yeah it is

And who voted keep?
Arlen is hot.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Me. Because I wanted some one to ask.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
If we restart, won't we go down to like, 30 members?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
At least most of them would be active.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
True...But I liked the way crankeye.com was before the crash, I was really digging the busy atmosphere.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I was really digging the everyone sitting around on the board index waiting for someone to post. :V

Nothing has changed, the only difference is that now we don't have Blizzard posting every 5 seconds and giving people things to reply to.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Blizzard...
He will come back in 8 days, ya know.

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
:)
I think if anyone has any free hosting space that they should help. Although its ok, It will get too many members. Also, spamming wont help.
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer
Why am I 'training wheels'??

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
When Bliz comes back Imma gonna celebrate by getting drunk.

Back on topic, sort of, is it me or did stuff get reset again? I''m missing a couple posts.

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
When Bliz comes back Imma gonna celebrate by getting drunk.

Back on topic, sort of, is it me or did stuff get reset again? I''m missing a couple posts.

and ill keep my distance so you dont flame me lol. at anyrate, i hear the new fourms are hosted on my server. odd cuz i hadnt realized yet.

Rep:
Level 102
I think if anyone has any free hosting space that they should help. Although its ok, It will get too many members. Also, spamming wont help.

LOL free hosting. Even fairly decent paid hosting failed under the weight of these forums and the resources

[edit] CLOUD POSTED WHILE I WAS POSTING LOL

Yes these forums are now on cloud's server~

I GUESS YOU CAN SEE HOW FAST THEY ARE YOURSELF
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 02:58:42 AM by Silverline »
bringing sexy back