RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dragon's quest

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
:)
What is up with this game? With the stupid voices, and the names (I mean YANGUS, what is that?)!

Also, the makers made like 3 civilian models, so everyone looks the same!
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer
Why am I 'training wheels'??

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
What's Dragon's Quest?  You mean Dragon Quest?  Don't be dissin' my beloved Dragon Quest.  If you're talking about the NES DQ, well, no duh it only has three civilian models.  When you only have 8 bits to work with, that's what happens.  Why single out DQ, when the same applies to Final Fantasy and just about every other NES game?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Hes talking bout Dragon Quest 8, and it had waaaaaaay more than 3, plus, im surprised they got any models at all, since they had the GREAT AKIRA TORIYAMA to create em.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Akira Toriyama's been with DQ since the NES days; why does it surprise you he helped out on number 8?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Because he drank four bottles of Awesome Sauce, the average person dies of food poisoning from half a bottle of awesome sauce, therefore, drinking a bottle of awesome sauce and surviving is totally awesome. BTW, want some awesome sauce?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Steve Irwin managed ten bottles, you know.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Akira Toriyama's a pretty chill artist.  I'm not a big fan of how he draws eyes, though.  He's done an awesome job with the Dragon Warrior games.

And Chrono Trigger. <3

HEY did you know that the creator of the Dragon Warrior games, Yuuji Horii, also aided in the production of Chrono Trigger?  I do believe that would be the first collaboration between Square and Enix... and we all know how THAT turned out.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
So did Square buy out Enix or was it the other way around? I never understood what happened.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I'm not sure about the financial aspect of all that, but I do know that DQ8 was in production before the merge.  Its progress was put on hold so Square's oversized ego could be satiated with OMG EVEN MORE FINAL FANTASY GAMES SWEET JEEZUS MAKE IT STOP and some other mediocre RPGs.

Then again, I haven't played any of the DQ games beyond its glorious NES days, so I'm probably biased.

Rep:
Level 97
Steve Irwin managed ten bottles, you know.
And we all know how that turned out.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Square...I HAET...They better not try to buy out From, or Project Aces...they will DIE.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I like Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior.  They are fun games that are classics are very fun.  The snes-Nes ones were better though.  The 'classic' games deserve to stay on the classic system.

SNES=Best .system. ever.   And that is fact  8)

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Technically, that is not a fact, in fact it is the opposite of a fact.  That is an opinion.  But yes, I do agree.  Snes<3<3

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I never liked Dragon Warrior(Quest). =/

In other news, I drink 3 bottles of awesome sauce with every meal.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
It is fact because I said it was fact ! So it is fact!  :P

Anyway...DQ is horrible.  Now, Dragon Quest...that's a different stroy.  DQ ice cream tastes bleagh...

What is this...."awsome sauce" you speak of?  ??? lol.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
DAmnit. You mentioned ice cream...now I want a milk shake. Well, I don't just WANT one now...I CRAVE one...MOTHER FUCKAAAAAAAAAAUGH!

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Now, now.  No need for that language.  Dairy Queen stinks.  Any other icecream is btter than theirs.  Why is this about ice cream now? isn't it supposed to be about DQ?

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
There should be ice cream in Dragon Warrior.  Then it would be the greatest game ever.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
^ Your sig is thretening.   :o lol.  I clicked it for fear of dying  :)

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
:)
I mean Dragon quest: The kings journey, or something like that. Its on PS2. I dont like PS2. I like Square Enix, it does the best rpgs.
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer
Why am I 'training wheels'??

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
How can you not like PS2? Well, I can understand you not liking PS2, but the games on that system are to die for. Ever play Psychonauts? Guitar Hero? Any of the DDRs (on PS2, because the XBox and Gamecube versions suck balls)? There are SO MANY good games for PS2.

I also have Dragon Quest VIII: The Journey Of The Cursed King. It is a great game; still deep like an RPG should be, yet simple, lighthearted, and fun. I was the one who made the Drag Ink West 8 thread before .com reset to April.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Geno WAs Born L33t
I've seen Dragon quest itv doesn't look THAT good
Awesome sauce :-\......
.....hi

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Would you like me to show you how to properly use quote tags, Geno?

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Geno WAs Born L33t
Hmmm.*Thinks broadly* no im good
.....hi

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
It is a great game; still deep like an RPG should be, yet simple, lighthearted, and fun.

Woo hoo!  Yes, that's precisely why I adore the Dragon Warrior series so much.

^ Your sig is thretening.   :o lol.  I clicked it for fear of dying  :)
I'm thinking of changing it to "OR BE DESTROYED!"  I think that's funnier.