RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Getting rid of an event

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Hey yeah im kinda new at this and i was messing around with RPG.MXP and when i make and event for example, and event were someone askes for money and if you say yes you gain an item, after that i want him to dissapear permanantly so you carnt see him in the entire game againe, ive tried using the erase event command and when i leave the map and go back on it, he is there again. Is there a solution for this?

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
The erase event command makes it so that the event returns each time the map loads. To permanently get rid of the event, use the switches.

At the end of the first page of the event, make it turn on a switch. Name it so that you don't use the same switch for two events. Then on Page 2, you make it so that the event starts when that switch is activated.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Really soz dude but as i said im new and im not to sure of how to use switches -.- is there an easyer way to explain lol? or could you just paste me the blines of what to do? soz for being newbie lol. pblz reply  :'(

Rep:
Level 92
Eh I don't mind helping.

Anyways.

Press F8 to go the event layer. Then in the Event Commands window, double click and open the three or four event pages. On the first page, you see a Switch Operation command. On that, you see an option, Specific Switch with a number next to it, and an arrow. Click on the arrow. You'll see a whole pile of switches. Pick one, but give it a name.

This will be important so that you don't re-use the same switch again. Once you've given the switch you want to use a name, click it, then click Ok. So that's done.

Now make a new Page. There's an option for that at the top. On this new page, look at an area that has Preconditions on it. Under it check the first box for switch. You'll see an arrow like before. Click it and find the switch you just named. Then click Ok. On this page, MAKE SURE the person's graphic is empty! If it's a treasure chest or a door, make sure it is open.

Need pictures too or is this good enough?
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

< Zelda Fan Club

whats the other way than pressing F8 because my F8 button dosent work, also the graphic is of a person

Rep:
Level 92
Maybe because you're already in that layer. It's the grid layer.

< Zelda Fan Club

k, ive done what you said and it dosent work  :-\ ive gone onto the evnt and ticked the first switch box named it something then when onto a new page ticked the first switch box again and then the event isnt there at all its invisable and when you walk into it nothing happens

Rep:
Level 92
I meant...to tick it on the second page.

On the first page, you're supposed to do it in the Event Window. Turn it on using the Switch Operation command at the END OF ALL YOUR OTHER COMMANDS.

< Zelda Fan Club

okay, this is what it ses on the first event page:

<>Show Choices: Search it, Dont search it
:  Search it [handbler]
<>Cha/nge items [potion] potion +5
<>Earse event
:end
<>Switch [0004: f] = ON

and ive ticked nothing on it accept hero touch, on the second page it ses the same thing accept it ses you dont get 5 potions and the first switch thing is ticked and got the right name, the first page works the first time but then i try to serch it a second time and the second page of it dosent work.

Rep:
Level 92

There's your second page.

< Zelda Fan Club

Thanks loads and loads dude it works your the best!  :D

Rep:
Level 92
Took awhile, glad you finally got it working. :)

< Zelda Fan Club

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Yup, that's how it works. Though I'd recommend using local switches for this type of thing instead. Regular switches are for more global events, this is due to both their avaliability and their range of usability.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
sono mama shine!
me i jsut do atuostart for main events but for small ones i don't know how to get it to work.
games currently woriking on.

The way of the warrior demo: Available please pm me for a copy.

The game of love demo: had to be restarted due to aquiering legal version of RPGxp

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Sounds like we need someone to make a good tutorial on Switches.  :-\
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Isnt there a link to one in Zeriab's sig?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Maybe I should begin to spam a bit  :-\

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
In the example you gave above:-

<>Show Choices: Search it, Dont search it
:  Search it [handbler]
<>Cha/nge items [potion] potion +5
<>Earse event
:end
<>Switch [0004: f] = ON

Your Erasing the event before activating the Switch... I always add the switch control before erasing the Event...

Switches are easy...

Try downlaoding my game File and seeing how I done mine http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=3013.0 While your at it, playtest it for me LOL
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 04:23:40 PM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

There already is an mazing one by at www.dubealex.com