RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Tint screen XP -> Help!

Rep:
Level 89
I was wondering, if there's any way to for example, when you tint the screen in one map, then teleport to another, the tinted previous map will still be the same as the map you're in now? (hope this makes a bit sense.. ;/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 01:21:42 PM by helipluis »
Started RPG making once again!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'm confused a little. Can you try to explain that again?

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I believe he's saying he's got something similar to a day/night system, or something else in which a global tint is required, and he's having troubles getting it to work quite right.

Well my friend, it's simpler than you think. 2 ways to do this -

When you first tint the screen, turn on a switch, and then either -

A) Create a common event, parallel proccess, triggers when the switch is on, tints screen continuously in 0 frames. Just turn the switch off when you need to tint again.

or

B) Go into each map, and make a parallel proccess event which runs if the switch is on, and do the same as above.

REMEMBER: 0 frames
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 89
I believe he's saying he's got something similar to a day/night system, or something else in which a global tint is required, and he's having troubles getting it to work quite right.

Well my friend, it's simpler than you think. 2 ways to do this -

When you first tint the screen, turn on a switch, and then either -

A) Create a common event, parallel proccess, triggers when the switch is on, tints screen continuously in 0 frames. Just turn the switch off when you need to tint again.

or

B) Go into each map, and make a parallel proccess event which runs if the switch is on, and do the same as above.

REMEMBER: 0 frames

Thanks, exactly what I ment! Works perfectly now, thanks again :)
(Sorry bout the way I asked the question, I'm awefully bad at asking questions in english -.-)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 04:27:12 PM by helipluis »

Rep:
Level 89
okay.... forget what I said in my previous post..
I'm still having trouble, I'll try to explain it in examples, hope you guys can help me out ;)

Example: In the first map: I choose to tint the screen to -225  -225  -255  -0 (black, so you can't see anything; perfect for ingame cutscenes)
Ok.. I done that, now, this is what I want:
It's pitch black in the map you're in now, now you're being teleported to the next map..
My problem: As soon as you enter the next map, the tint is 0,0,0,0  (standard/light)
I don't want that!! I want it so, that when you enter the next map, the tint still is -225 -225 -225 -0  and not 0,0,0,0 .

Ok.. can't be clearer than that lol

Thanks for the help :)