RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Composers: What do you use?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Arrow, that's no excuse. Get yourself a keyboard, USB guitar, and digital drum pad and you're set.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
...USB Guitar? I had completely forgotten about digi drum pads though, that is going on my purchase list now. ;D

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Well, just something to plug your guitar input to USB, so that you can just play through computer speakers and not have to lug an amp around.

Rep:
Level 96
Ah, I see. Does it improve the sound quality? I have been running my guitar into my amp, then an audio dubbing cable (which for me is a swiss army knife, basically) out of the headphone jack and into the mic input. Will a USB input make the sound better or worse?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
You run it into the amp, and THEN into your computer? Definitely go USB then. The whole point is to NOT have to lug an amp around. Plus there's software that can do anything an amp will (read thread title for clues on where to find said software).

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Why USB ?_? I just use a standard guitar lead and a cheapo 25p converter to convert it to a standard mini plug on the other end. Then you can just put that in your mic / line-in and use software to add effects or distortion.

[edit] picture because I can
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Makes sense.

Rep:
Level 96
Muchas gracias mi amigo, I'll look into that.

Rep:
Level 96
Double posted because I have no idea of what else to do...Where can I get stuff like Tab-it and Finale, REGISTERED, (as in, do you have one I could steal from you?) and quickly? I'll wait on it to download for a pretty long time if I HAVE to, but I would rather not...

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 10:37:54 PM by Silverline »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Double posted because I have no idea of what else to do...Where can I get stuff like Tab-it and Finale, REGISTERED, (as in, do you have one I could steal from you?) and quickly? I'll wait on it to download for a pretty long time if I HAVE to, but I would rather not...

Finale can easily be found if you look for a torrent. Although I got mine from Silverline. If you don't know how to read music, I'd stick with Tabit or something else though (Although you can just write everything in tabs on Finale if you wanted to.). Finale's pretty complicated for the casual user unfortunately. Or you might want to look into Sibelius, it's more user-friendly.

EDIT: What happened to the poll? *Adding poll.* Add any more you can think of if I've forgotten Silverline.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 01:35:19 AM by HaloOfTheSun »
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I use garage band which is not up there because i think your a bunch of retarded fucktards.

lol i do not really mean this, im just probly high off this pen cap, which has ink that i have been inhaling into my system.
Wow, this really enjoyable, even though I have short pains in my stomach.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I use garage band which is not up there because i think your a bunch of retarded fucktards.

lol i do not really mean this, im just probly high off this pen cap, which has ink that i have been inhaling into my system.
Wow, this really enjoyable, even though I have short pains in my stomach.

Well, there's way too many to remember them all. lol, pen junkie.

Rep:
Level 96
I got this thing called Synthfont. My hatred for MIDI has officially melted...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 10:38:27 PM by Silverline »

Rep:
Level 102
Heh, I use synthfont.

You might want to find freeverb, a ree reverb VST effect and use that with synthfont.

Also, 2 awesome soundfonts I've uploaded HERE ~
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Sometimes I use the Fluid soundfont in that link. I remember you gave it to me a while back. It's pretty good. I use that or the SoftSynth that comes with Finale, which is pretty good as well. That is, when I'm writing music for games. Otherwise I use Garritan Personal Orchestra, Garritan Jazz & Big Band, and Virtual Drumline: 2.

Rep:
Level 96
Thank you so much guys...are there any realistic...ish sounding guitar fonts out there? I figured I could use tabit, export to a midi, then use a font on it. In addition to THAT, I'm gonna try and use midis for my games now, so would anyone know where to get a good SNES font? I got this one by a guy called Setzer, but it's mostly for stuff like FF and Chrono Trigger...

Rep:
Level 97
Check www.hammersound.net

Most of the stuff there is individual instrument fonts though, so unless you can load multiple soundfonts, it may not help out. There was one guitar there that sounded great, but I don't remember which it was.

Other than that, almost all of them suck. I have Garritan Jazz & Big Band, and it comes with an electric guitar, but it's jazz, so it's not very well suited for rock. But I'm going to try and find something to add distortion to it to see how it turns out.

Rep:
Level 96
Thanks man, but the page doesn't seem to load for me...

Rep:
Level 97

Rep:
Level 96
That did it. And thanks for the links, fluid and Tabit kick so much ass...

Rep:
Level 102
You can make synthfont use samples from as many different soundfonts you like :3 sometimes when I record stuff I use different instruments from both SGM and Fluid.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
Well, I can't figure that out...how does one go about using multiple ofnts at once? I could only select one in the settings...does it involve that Vienna thing? And even if it doesn't, where would I find the Vienna Sound Font Editor?

Rep:
Level 102
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
Thanks Silverline, I was wondering what that was for...

BTW, you may or may not care, but I think that that fluid soundfont was used for the Music in Mega Man X8...