RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Requesting tutorial for rm2k3 plz

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I use RPG Maker 2003 and I was looking for a tutorial but cant seem to find it.

Can anyone tell me how I can do this:

You see, I have a Caterpillar system, right? Lets say I have 2 characters for now, or maybe 3. And the main character is lead and he is the one I am controlling. And I was wondering if there was a way to switch the order of the characters in the caterpillar row so now I am controlling a different character, and the one i was previously controlling moves back.

Kinda like this, "W" "X" and "O" are each different characters. And they are moving like this: 

W X O ( moving that way --->)

And so I decide instead of controlling "O" I wanna use "X". So somehow I switch and now its like this:

W O X (moving that way --->)

And now the character I move around with is "X". I dont know if im making much sense, but if theres a part im not making clear, plz let me know so i can try to explain it better. Altough i think my point is quite clear.

So if anyone knows how to do this in RPG Maker 2003, please let me know. ok?  THANKS!  :-D

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Since you already have a caterpillar system made, I'll take it that you know quite a bit about events. In that case, I'll just tell you to make a variable, store in it if a player pushes a certain button. Then fade out screen for a bit, swap the graphics of "X" and "O", and change the party so that the proper player shows up in the lead. Now fade screen in and it should work out.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Ok Im going to try that, thanks for your reply!  :-)

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
ahh like secret of mana

nice idea complicated though :)