RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hatred for completing games?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Is it just me, or do you really hate it when you complete a game? Its over but you just wish it could of lasted that little bit longer? A few games have done this to me in the past, notably;

1. Halo
2. Halo 2
3. Knights of the old republic 2
4. Final Fantasy 7

And most recently GRAW (Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter)...

I finished that just now actually and its kinda annoying...

What games have had this affect on you?

My xbox 360 gamercard =D

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Burnout: Revenge for PS2, I've just....hate it.... there is no more :cry:

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
I don't really know what you're talking about, because I always feel all warm and squishy inside whenever I finish a game.  It's like, "Wow, that was pretty good!"  And it's especially nice if you unlock more features or a NewGame+ or something.

Of all places, I'd think an RPG Maker community forum was the last place I'd see a topic like this.  We, of all people, understand that a game we adore does not have to end... we can create a sequel!!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
yeah, sequel! if we finish the original... :P

but...some games like Minish Cap, are to short, which is what i hate...i mean, come on...no Zelda game has only had 5 dungeons before! WHAT THE F*CK?

anyways...harder games i feel fulfilled when i beat them, and like yossy said, when you unlock new stuff

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Quote from: Yossy
I don't really know what you're talking about, because I always feel all warm and squishy inside whenever I finish a game.

Not Burnout... WHY DAMN IT WHY!!?!?!?!

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Anime series have this effect on me, unless they end in a way that implies that the story continues, but simply won't be covered. Like Full Metal Alchemist. Somehow, I can live with that, but I feel empty when a series has a "and they lived happilly ever after" or any other kind of ending...

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Well there's Super Smash Bros. Melee, which is essentially endless  :^^:

My favourite game is Vagrant Story, which after a few years and multiple tries, I still can't complete it. I have no idea what I'd do if I actually completed it =0
bringing sexy back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I never completed ut2004 or diablo 2.......LOL! i reached only the 2nd lvl in it.....

And erm, i usually like it when i finish, if i wanna play more, i go to practice lvls or i replay or high difficulty settings.
Or sometimes have fun with cheats...hehe...rarely..
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
I've never really beaten Morrowind. I've come very close, and I've completed the main quest and the two expansion main quests individually, but I've never gone through and completed everything with a single game file.
And I've started over in that game at least 100 times.

I love Morrowind. :)

Quote from: arlenreyb
I've never really beaten Morrowind. I've come very close, and I've completed the main quest and the two expansion main quests individually, but I've never gone through and completed everything with a single game file.

Yea Morrowind was amazing, but oblivion pwns it in every way imaginable  :^^:

My xbox 360 gamercard =D

Rep:
Level 90
~
I heard Morrowind had one thing tat got changed for the worse in Oblivion

Anyway yeah I felt that way about Halo.   I never really get to the ends of games... only ones I have are D2, Diablo, and Halo... oh and Mech Commander.  Yeah I wish Mech Commander was longer, the sequel just plain SUCKED

Rep:
Level 96
Quote from: Kairo
Quote from: arlenreyb

Yea Morrowind was amazing, but oblivion pwns it in every way imaginable  :^^:

SCREW YOU I CANT PLAY OBLIVION I BOUGHT IT BUT MY COMPUTER SUCKS TOO MUCH!!

:( :( :( :( :(
Quote from: DeathTrooper
I heard Morrowind had one thing tat got changed for the worse in Oblivion

Yes, this is true. I don't remember what it was, either, but the general consensus about Oblivion was "totally awesome, but Morrowind DID do a couple things better."

Rep:
Level 91
Morrowind ate my life for 2 years. It was crazy addicting. It was also mind-boggling huge. OH, I'vee got a good story. My friend waited an hour for ES4. He got the release day. Skipped school. And his PC wouldn't run it. How ironic.

Rep:
Level 90
lol when that happens to me i usally try to look in all the games .dll files and delete the thing thats tops it it worked onece.also the games it was the entire ff series ff8 the most i never got to play disk 4 disk three always screwed up for me anyways i bought it again 4th time buying it so i will finish it mwhahahahahahaq.

(if u coiuldent read it all i said was thee ff series did that to me a lot.)
Yay i got a zoo sort of

Rep:
Level 91
Your grammer is hurting my ears.

Rep:
Level 96
Quote from: Inaru

Maybe you should stop screaming his posts out loud as you read them.

Zone Of The End
I truly love Final Fantasy for the great storyline and I feel all fuzy and warm inside when I complete one of them (sometimes a tear).

The same goes for alternative Anime, I usually avoid the popular Anime because they tend to reach 100+ episodes. Many dislike my taste in anime but seeing a great Anime series end gives me also a fuzzy and warm feeling inside (sometimes a tear or two). Last one I seen was Last Exile.

However I did hate when Halo 2 ended right in the middle of the game, I mean come on! Halo 1 ending was one that you say, finnally I'm done... but Halo 2 ended with: okay, lets do this! "The End" WTF!? NNNOOO!!!

Morrowind is a truly a game with no end, and that end is pushed farther with the 2 expansions. Oblivion however is a different story... everything seems to be fine, almost no quests. Morrowind+2XP 1.000+ quests > Oblivion 100- quests.
I don't prove anything to anyone!

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I needed to post here! A game that i thought should have beed longer (and I don't care if it was 2 disks long) was Tales Of Symphonia, that game was fantastic! And I wish they put a versus mode in it to! VIVA LAS TALES!!

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I never finished Diablo 2, coz I got bored of it at the beginning of Act 3. It
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
oh games ive got anoyed with at the ending:

all the sonic games(robotnik goes boom and he goes back and enjoys life)
ff7-10-2 after the ending i try to re-play them but never get round to it or my discs have got scratched
drakenguard[however you spell it] i mean the last ending where you get shot by a jet what was the point in the whole game.
games that have no endings.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
The only time I get pissed after completing a game is if it ends all of a sudden, or if it's really short.

Most new games nowadays other than a few RPGs seem to be that way.
:tinysmile:

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
its also anoying when things or places fizzle out of existanceand you cant go back/use them

eg. FF8 (time distortion thing grrr...no cities left open)
     ff9 ( the roots of the tree growing over the entrance)

im sure you can think of others

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

Haha, the irony of this post made me laugh.  :-D

I never usually finish games. I just end up growing bored of them and/or get stuck and don't feel like continuing. The only game I can recall actually beating is Jade Empire, but that game was short as hell.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts II
Once I got a Neopets PS2 Demo in the mail... Thats all I will say.

It needed to die...
~ Lilgoaliebro ~
NEW PROJECT(Untitled) - 3%
Graphics - 5%     Storyline - 15%    Map - 2%
Classes, skills, weapons, armor, etc. - 20%
NPCs & Quests - 0%

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
I love Animal Crossing because there IS no ending... the game shows you the credits when you are listening to Totakeke's singing..  :-D  ALL games need to be like that.  Neverending.  Yeah.