RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hello everyone!

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Hi all - I'm new on the forum. I've been looking at buying RPG maker XP and decided to just go ahead after seeing the wealth of resources and support I could get from places like yours  :D

Before I begin my first creation though, I am planning to base it on a game that has already been made for a console some time ago - my favourite game ever as it happens... I don't want to reveal what that game will be incase anyone else has had the same idea, but I really just wondered if anyone could advise me whether i should go ahead or not? Is there potentially anyway I could incur penalties for copyright breach by using names, titles, places etc from the game I plan to base it on? I don't want to make any money from my efforts - I just hope I can do a little justice to the game I want to build it around, but I don't want my first foray into the world of RPG maker to end up giving me a lawsuit - even if I DO manage to somehow make a half-decent game of it!

Also - I wondered what the potential would be to actually paint/draw images myself and scan them into my PC for use in RPG maker? I presume this is possible if I ensure the scanned image is in JPEG format?

I'm getting rather excited about the thought of the end product - I'm sure I'll be coming back here with a lot more questions when I've got started(!)

Thanks everyone  :wink:

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Hey, welcome. We'll help you out.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Welcome and stuff.
:tinysmile:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
About 5 (?) % of the people who get an RPGMaker actually complete a game ~

Then after that, I wonder what % of the games anybody cares about..

Welcome, anyways.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 90
Quote from: charlesleeray
Hi all - I'm new on the forum. I've been looking at buying RPG maker XP and decided to just go ahead after seeing the wealth of resources and support I could get from places like yours  :D

Before I begin my first creation though, I am planning to base it on a game that has already been made for a console some time ago - my favourite game ever as it happens... I don't want to reveal what that game will be incase anyone else has had the same idea, but I really just wondered if anyone could advise me whether i should go ahead or not? Is there potentially anyway I could incur penalties for copyright breach by using names, titles, places etc from the game I plan to base it on? I don't want to make any money from my efforts - I just hope I can do a little justice to the game I want to build it around, but I don't want my first foray into the world of RPG maker to end up giving me a lawsuit - even if I DO manage to somehow make a half-decent game of it!

Also - I wondered what the potential would be to actually paint/draw images myself and scan them into my PC for use in RPG maker? I presume this is possible if I ensure the scanned image is in JPEG format?

I'm getting rather excited about the thought of the end product - I'm sure I'll be coming back here with a lot more questions when I've got started(!)

Thanks everyone  :wink:

owch should have tryed possatality knights edition before buying it cuss u may stop using it like i did i just hang around the forum cuss i like it here :)
Yay i got a zoo sort of

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Zone Of The End
or use a cracked legal version :twisted:
I don't prove anything to anyone!