RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
C++ VS basic

Rep:
Level 90
whitch do u think is better c++ or basic i got bored and thought there should be another debate so whats better than debating over programing languages (maybe anything)anyways i like c++ better cuase it is always used for programing games .
Yay i got a zoo sort of

Rep:
Level 91
Ignore what i say. I'm never here anyway
C++ is more flexable...
but visual basic can be better for databases etc. but my vote goes to C++
If you post outside the sewer, don't expect me to see it.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I only have experience with C++ from high school and a few college engineering courses (which sucked lol), so I'll go ahead and cast my completely biased vote and say C++.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
C++ is much better, basic is good too.Both are helpful.
Meh, im too young right now, so they didnt yet introduce C++ but my brother knows it he tells me abot the program,i onced asked him.

C++ is better but i am a master in basic.

IT CAM FOR MY FINAL EXAMS AND I GOT30/30!
Arlen is hot.

Rep: +0/-0Level 92
Guess who's back
I learnt Visual Basic, I know how to use it, but still.. C++ :D

Rep:
Level 89
The Knight Sabers Shall hunt thine adversaries.
BASIC may be simple, but it's VERY, VERY limited. and C++ is more powerful as it can be used to make MANY things, including graphics engines, new applications, etc. while it is powerful, it is also hard to learn. trust me on this for i am a programmer. one tip is if ur in high school, check ur counselor if they offer C or C++ programming. or read books like C++ for dummies or C for Dummies. trust me, it works man!

Rep:
Level 90
lol i learned everything i know from tutorials belive it or not .anyways c++ is an easy language to learn in my part and i know the original basic i also know qbasic so i know a the basic language i didnt like it so i moved up to c++ :P im 13 and i started already making 3d games its pertty easy jsut the modeling and terrain lol anyways c++ is great to have on a resume.
Yay i got a zoo sort of

Rep:
Level 89
The Knight Sabers Shall hunt thine adversaries.
i agree! learning C++ can get you from a small indie game project to working for microsoft! (just kidding bout MS.) but you will get great jobs.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I'm comparing C++ to something called QuickBasic, which is the only version of Basic I know. It sucked soo much that I'm not sure it's a fair comparison.

Rep:
Level 90
quick basic = qbasic :lol:
anyways new vs

ruby vs c#
Yay i got a zoo sort of

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Atomic LAWL
Why compare these two languages?

C++ is more powerful hands down...

I don't think that the author of this thread ment for it to be about C++ vs Visual Basic but to be more simply C++ vs Basic...

VB is teh Newb language....

Basic is a little harder than Visual basic because of the obvious reason of a GUI....

"Here begin the torments of Hell proper" -Danta's inferno

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I prefer C++ as I am most familiar with it (except RGSS ::)). I never really liked BASIC (out of the same reason like Zeriab). I never used real Ruby or C# so I can't tell for these. I've heard C# is supposed to be the best for game developement. I wonder if it is true...?
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I actually made my first game in QuickBASIC 4.5 (or was it Qbasic... They are not the same.)
I have lost the source, but I still have the binaries.
You can down it here. New Windows versions might crash: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PUKEKABP
And by new Windows versions I might mean Windows 98.

Perhaps it will work good with DOSBox: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net

At least BASIC seems to have evovled since then. I think they actually have the concept of a class.
It might be better for something than C++ though I don't know what that might be.

- Zeriab

~Banned~
Rep:
Level 88
~Banned~
C++ wins all out across the game-relative boards. Though if you want to go off topic and talk about which one is better for websites or things like that I would have to probably have to side with PHP only because it runs much faster than any other website script, yet it is easier to totally crash things.
~Banned~