RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Trace Memory (Another Code: Two Memories)

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
So, I just picked up Trace Memory for the Nintendo DS.  This is a game I've had my eye on since I first read its previews.  (Its previous title was simply "Another.")  Just wondering if there was anyone else here who has played it, and if you enjoyed it or not and whatnot.  I've also cleared to game (my playtime was 4 hours and 30 mins), so if anybody needs help with the puzzles or just any misc. info, that's what this thread is for.

My question: are there any bonuses if you play through the game a second time with cleared data?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Eating tacos!!!
If you got the good ending,you'll get the ''Starred Game'',which is the same
game but with minor changes to some scenarios,and if you play the starred
game again,and get the good ending again,you'll get a surprise puzzle at the end of the credits
It's hard to look good or/and strong if you have a duck dressed in a sailor suit to back you up.

Rep:
Level 91
I heard that game was way too short. So I didn't buy it.

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
My friend got it, 2 days later he trades it in.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
But it's really, really cool.  Just because it's short doesn't mean its bad.  Look at how many RPG Maker games exist that can be cleared within five hours but are still extremely entertaining.

If you got the good ending,you'll get the ''Starred Game'',which is the same
game but with minor changes to some scenarios,and if you play the starred
game again,and get the good ending again,you'll get a surprise puzzle at the end of the credits

Thanks!  What "minor changes" are there, if I may ask?  What is the difference between the "good ending" and normal ending?  I would assume the good ending is obtained by saying Richard did not murder Sayoko, and the bad ending would be seen if you side against him.  By the way, your Shadow avatar is hot soup!  It's nice to see there are people who have played Final Fantasy games before they became abhorrently popular.

Rep:
Level 90
yeah it is nice ive beaten every final fantasy out there yes i have beaten all 6 legendes legend 1,2,3,4,5,6 ive beaten 7, 8 and 9 dotn really like 10 and 10 2
Yay i got a zoo sort of

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
That's... uh... great and stuff, but... have you any comments concerning Trace Memory?

Eating tacos!!!
No,it's not of the conversation at the encounter with Bill,it's at
the epilogue,where you say good bye to D, if you touched his hand to let
him go,you got the GOOD ending,but if not,you got the normal ending.
You're right,I got FF3(because that was it's name when it came out to
the SNES), and it's AWESOME!
It's hard to look good or/and strong if you have a duck dressed in a sailor suit to back you up.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Quote from: wildrj
yeah it is nice ive beaten every final fantasy out there yes i have beaten all 6 legendes legend 1,2,3,4,5,6 ive beaten 7, 8 and 9 dotn really like 10 and 10 2

:roll:

Let's stay on topic please.
:tinysmile:

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Halo's so polite!  He said "please."  That means we must obey him.

No,it's not of the conversation at the encounter with Bill,it's at
the epilogue,where you say good bye to D, if you touched his hand to let
him go,you got the GOOD ending,but if not,you got the normal ending.

Really?  So, what happens if you say Richard killed Sayoko?  Does he get shot by Bill?  Or does that game go all like "No, that isn't right..." and ask you the question again... I hate that!  If it gives you the opprotunity to branch the story and ending, it should go with it!  Instead of forcing you to pick the answer that continues the story...

Eating tacos!!!
No,Richard NEVER gets shot,even if you tell him the wrong answer,
Ashley will correct herself,in the final question,if you tell him the wrong
answer,she will say 'No,something is wrong...' or something like that.
But did you get the good ending?

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Yes, I did!  My brother played through the game and got a bad ending, because D said something like "I still haven't recovered all of my memories..." and Ashley goes "I wonder how long his soul will be imprisoned here..."  So, I guess he skipped some of the puzzles.  I was playing through my cleared data and found one of the differences: when you look through the zoetrope and watch the animation of the bird, Ashley would normally say "There is a bird flitting through the branches," but in the cleared data she says "There was a ninja leaping through the trees!" and D goes "What's a ninja?"  I found it quite humorous.

Eating tacos!!!
That's great! :wink: But know you have to pass the Starred Game
again...(that's so annoying :x !)

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Why?  What do you get when you clear the starred game?

Eating tacos!!!
You get an extra puzzle at the end of the credits :D

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
And that puzzle is/does?

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!