RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Switch Tutorial Please

Rep:
Level 89
All right, I have asked for help in the past when it comes to switches, and I have tried again and again.

I can do one event, like have it activated by a switch, but when I try and have another event play off of it and back, it doesn't work!

It's so frustrating, so I am asking someone to hand me a complete guide to switches so I can stop asking for help, and finally understand it. I don't understand why they would get rid of the 'takeover' command now!

Let me be a little more clear...
I can't seem to get the events to play off of one another. Like in the beginning of my game, the main character calls to the others. After the message, I want all three characters to walk up together, which would be the parallel process. However, switching is preventing me from getting everything to work right, because I don't quite understand what's the matter with them. I suppose it has to do with preconditions and turning them on and off, but I have followed everyone's advice, and spent hours trying to make various events work. So I was hoping for a tutorial on switches that would explain them as well as preconditions and etc.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm not quite understanding what you are asking for. Switches are pretty self-explanitory and many useful little tid-bits can be found up and around these forums...maybe if you clarify what you are trying to do in detail...we can help you.