RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Can someone explain to me...

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
What the three different damage thingies are in skill creation?

Effect Rating
Attack Power
Strength

What do they all mean?
Thanks.

Rep:
Level 91
in skills the normal stats are all showen, str, int ,dex , agi well int is showen as "magic" but .. same thing

setting them on 100% for example means you use the entire power that comes from those stats (meaning the skills are judged by those certain stats)

attack power is what you get from the weapon, the higher you put it the more power your total attack power will add to  the skill

and lastly effect rating, that's the actual power of the skills, judging by all the stats and weapon power in the way you defined it this will choose the amount of damage dealt by the skill, setting it to any number between -9999 to 9999

you might have noticed, the rest of the stuff can't go under 0, this is cause effect rating when set to under 0 will cause a healing effect.
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
So if I wanted to make a skill where it is good all the way through the game. Slightly stronger than your normal attack all the way through.
I would put high attack power and low effect rating? Or something?

Rep:
Level 91
ok if say you are using a sword and you have a warrior of sort
a skill would have 100-200 str (which is the warrior's basic) 0 every other stat
100-200 attack power (being the sword's power) and 100-200~ effect and that will be slightly more powerful
but then you can always make 10-20 and it will still hit around normal power or 1k effect rating which will send the monsters to their grave

now say you have an assassin, it's only reasonable to set it:
str 75
agi 125
dex 50
weapon power 200
effect rating depends on the power you want and so on

and if you have a healer of sort, you will put 100-200 to magic, maybe some for dex, use alot of mana, put 30-40 weapon damage  and put a negative effect rating for a heal effect
holy shit my sig was big!